My partner and I, a young couple, stayed at Dreams Palm Beach for two weeks from 24th of June. The best things about the hotel include the hard working entertainment staff, the beautiful green grounds, lovely pools and beach. However, there were a few things that definitely did not reach a 5* quality. Including the Mexican restaurant which was pretty dreadful and made both me and my partner unwell. I would advise you to avoid this restaurant, the food did not remotely resemble mexican food and we joked that an 'old el paso' box from the supermarket would have been ten times better. Having said that, the other restaurants, especially the Italian and French were lovely and the Japanese is a lot of fun.
Our room was in block 1, it was very standard. The furniture was worn but the beds were comfortable. The bathroom was the worst thing about the room. The door is glass and see-through, it doesn't lock and has huge gaps on the top and bottom of the door. This was not a problem until the food gave us dodgy stomachs!! There are some things couples shouldn't hear. However the cleaners work very hard, coming around twice a day and the free mini bar is a very nice touch. I also believe all rooms have a nice tropical view or pool/beach view.
IF YOU WANT TO SWIM WITH THE SHARKS AND THE STING RAYS DO NOT GO WITH THOMSON'S, go with the hotel!! The Thomson's trip is called 'Treasures of The Sea' and the hotel trip is called 'Reef Explorer' (there is a shack for this behind the swim up bar.) Saying we were disappointed with the Thomson's trip is an understatement, we swam at most 10 minutes with the sharks and rays, they took everyone's camera off them so you could not take pictures and you were not allowed to hold/touch the sharks or rays. We then did the 'Reef Explorer' with the hotel and it was amazing, the trip was 4 hours long and you had freedom to chose which ever activity you wanted to at your own convenience, for example snorkelling with sharks and rays, kaiaking and having a massage etc. You were also allowed to take as many pictures as you wanted.
With any holiday you get the idiots who put towels on the sunbeds then don't return to them for 6 hours, this holiday was no exception. If you want a good sunbed you need to be by the pool for half 7.
They do not have cocktail menus by the swim up bar but the best ones we found were Banana Mumma, Cheeky Monkey and Tucan.
There is no booking service for the restaurants, which was normally not a problem. However, some nights we waited over an hour and a half for a table. So do not collect your buzzer to late if you want a early meal. Some nights we would only wait 20 minutes, so there was no consistency with waiting times, first come first served.
We had a lovely holiday but would not necessarily return to Dreams. We are not a picky couple so this is an honest review. Hope it was helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facing the Caribbean Sea, white sand beach and lush gardens, Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana boasts 500 spacious rooms and ample suites surrounded by swaying palm trees and views of endless blue waters stretching to the horizon - the perfect setting in paradise. Take advantage of all the unlimited luxury activities Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana has to offer. Swim, sail, snorkel or windsurf in the turquoise Caribbean, enjoy fine a-la-carte dining, sip favorite cocktails at one of our bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Holiday Gems, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Occidental Punta Cana
- Occidental Allegro Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Occidental
- Sunscape Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Dreams Palm Beach
- Punta Cana Allegro