11,735 results
All reviewsseaside grillpreferred clubworld cafecoco cafeentertainment teampreferred poolpreferred areaexplorers clubel patiopreferred roomfrench restauranthoneymoon suitewedding coordinatorlobby barsteakdominican republicthe general manager
Reviewed 19 November 2017

We attended a wedding anniversary celebration and stayed here. It was wonderful! Our room was beautiful - overlooked one of the pool areas and as soon as we opened our door and walked down one flight of stairs, we were on the beach!

Front Desk Service - 5
Room Service/Cleanliness - 5
Food (lots of restaurants to choose from, no need to leave resort) - 5
Drinks on the beach - 5 (Miguel kept them coming)
Wedding/Vow Renewal Ceremony and Reception - 5++ (just excellent!)
Casino on resort - 5 so much fun! (just turn down the AC a little)
Pool - 4 (only giving it a 4 because we didn't get in, we were on the beach)
Beach- clean, great view, beautiful to watch sunrise/sunset
Massage on Beach - 4 (I didn't try it but my cousin did, she gave the lady a nice tip!)
Music/Events/Entertainment - 4 (every night there was something to do-- great fun!)
Shopping - 4 (we didn't leave the resort our 4 nights but shopping was in walking dis)
Peace/Quiet - 5 (didn't hear anything)
Shuttle/Airport - 5 (We booked through dominicanplus.com - great service)

*Loved the omelettes every morning, fresh fruit and the rice pudding was my fave -- could have brought the whole pot home!!!

Con: Shower could be updated. Had to step in a spa tub with shutters (shutters were really nice, opened to bedroom but you had to close them when showering and make sure showerhead was turned facing you so water would get out past the shutters. Not a big deal at all, close the shutters!! LOL)

Also has 2 sides -- the signature/adult only side was really beautiful and we were greeted with champagne upon arrival. We did have to wait about an hour and half for our room but it wasn't a problem... plenty of drinks and light fare by the pool to keep us happy!

We'll be back! Amazing stay!

Room Tip: Get a beach view. Even though we were pool side, we didn't hear any noise. People were respectful and not noisy at all.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
DREPB, Gerente at Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2018

Dear JCM249,

Firstly I would like to thank you for choosing our resort as your holiday destination.

Thank you for taking the time to write such a greatly detailed review in regards to our resort.

I will be sure to share your comments with our team, in order to keep improving the aspects you mention in your review in order to keep improving our services and facilities, as our hotel continuously strives to meet your needs and expectation.

Thank you again, we will look forward to serving you again in the future,

Kind Regards.

Pablo Muñoz
Social Media Coordinator.

Reviewed 19 November 2017

Excellent. Clean resort, attentive staff, great food and choices. Excellent bang for the buck. Always something to do at the resort. Entertainment staff went over and above to keep guests involved and having fun.Staff in restaurants went out of their way to be attentive and kind.

I did find that when I went up to a bar on the beach or at the preferred area, more than once was I obviously slighted. For example, two men in front of me getting drinks, bar tender engaging with them and making sure they were satisfied with their experience. When It was my turn, the bar tender's attention drifted without eye contact and I waited for 10-15 sec before I was acknowledged. I don't drink and all I wanted was a water. I even spoke in Spanish. At first I thought it was because I was a woman. It happened again when I was at the bar on the beach although this time no one else was there and I knew the bar tender knew I was standing waiting for service. When I mentioned this to my brother, he said the same thing happened to him. He noticed that as he approached the pool bar, although he was next in line, he was ignored for the ladies in swimsuits or those with money in hand for tipping. He didn't believe it was because I was a woman but probably more because I was an older woman without obvious assets or money in hand. I took $100 USD in small bills for tipping but did not always have it with me. When I was treated with passive exclusion I vowed I would stand there until I was acknowledeged and those involved would never get a tip from me. This was the only negative experience that I had during the 7 nights. It was annoying but it would not keep me from recommending the resort or possibly returning.

Room Tip: Would recommend upgrading to the Preferred club. Even though you basically only sleep there, if the view is important and the extra charge is manageable, do it. Other persons in our group did not upgrade and their view was a brick wall and the bathroom was very basic.
Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank merbw
DREPB, Gerente at Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2018

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your recent visit with us. We are glad to learn you enjoyed your accommodations, some of our facilities and delighted to find out that most of our staff was welcoming and pleasant.

At our resort we are always looking to surpass our clients’ expectations of genuine luxury hospitality by providing outstanding locations and service excellence.

Rest assured that your comments will be taken into consideration in order to provide you everything that you need to make the most of your vacation. We would like to point out as well that our prices are competitive compared to other resorts.

We are grateful for your feedback.

Warmest regards,

Pablo Muñoz
Social Media

Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

We chose the dreams for a return to Punta Cana. A lot has changes in the Dominican Republic in 4 years.
The hotel itself is in a side street off a small shopping area with a security gate .
The welcome is friendly & the grounds aren’t as big as they look online. Great that everywhere is closer together. Hotel suffered minor damage during hurricane season so repairs & construction were visible but not intrusive.
Rooms are spacious we got a free upgrade to the privilege room (looking at the service difference save your money as not really value for your money. We had no problems just fitting in with the general populace. The private club pools were always a lot more noisy & boisterous than the general use ones.
The dining needs some TLC & renewal . Main buffet restaurant gets very repetitive very quickly . The hot food itself was cold a lot of the time which is not a good thin at all public health is a priority. It has to to be cooked fresh & kept hot or reheated properly. As a chef I was watching very carefully what we consumed . When issues were reported food was removed but it’s an on going problem.
The choice of alacarte restaurants are good on paper. In person they are very lacking . No reservations required just a wait at door policy.
We tried them all & only felt 2were worth a return visit. The seaside bar & grill & the French Bordeaux. The Asian & tapenyaki were poor the Italian not much better . The Mexican was borderline bit disappointing.
The pool areas are good & you don’t feel overcrowded & the staff are very helpful if you require a bed or sunshade just ask.
The casino is cold & lifeless the nightclub not much better (dj)great but room & bar service need attention.
Housekeeping is a hit or a miss & internet is better round the pools or reception,room connectivity very sketchy.
Would we return probably not .

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Patrick M
Luz S, e-concierge at Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2017

Dear Patrick M,

Greetings from the sunny Punta Cana!

Thank you for sharing your feedback and most of all for allowing us to host your vacation. It is sad for us to learn that you didn´t enjoy your stay and we were not able to make you join the great number of customers that we make happy on the daily basis, being this our main priority. We are concern about your comment on the Preferred areas, this areas are the most quieter ones because there are no activities going on around them. In addition to this, I can assure you that eventhough our quality and F&B team has high standards to avoid the mentioned issues, we will evaluate your comments for any possible improvement area.

We hope you visit us again to show you that as with all our guests, we are truly compromised on meeting your expectations. Please feel free to contact me prior arrival.

Best regards,

Reviewed 18 November 2017

Girls trip for a 40th birthday, there were 11 of us-but this is not a party hotel.
• Check In - Our party checked in one by one as they arrived (different times). We all had the same complaint the check in process was extremely slow almost 40 minutes for each of us. When we finally got our room (with the exception of one room) all rooms had one bed to be shared by two females, the travel agent told us that each room would have double beds as we requested. The front desk took hours to place us in rooms with double beds, I arrived at 3:30 and was not given a room with double beds until 11 p.m. Each person in my party had to go through this same nightmare. I suggested they just give us single rooms because we were exhausted because of the extensive day of traveling, of course they did not want to do that, even though the hotel was not full, but how do you mess up 5 rooms, all with single beds and each one should have had double beds (I would like to think it’s because we checked in one by one..but I know better).
• Resort – easy to get around as it is set up in a circle around the swim pool. Not many ocean front room views. Rooms in building 2 were very outdated, mattress can use a changing, and after having maintenance adjusted thermostat room was very comfortable. The door jam does not meet the floor so you may have visitors and outside noise coming in. No elevators on this resort.
• Food – Restaurants here were far better than at Royalton. First come first serve. Buffett was yummy and late night buffet was really handy after leaving Club Kvair (next door to the resort). Pasta bar was my favorite but I tried to limit it because of the carbs (I saved my calories for drinks).
• Swim/pool/whirlpool – Swim up pool was really dirty, all kinds of stuff (trash/debris) floating around. I believe swim-up bars and heated Jacuzzis are for adults so it was a little annoying having kids kicking you as they splashed around. Easy fix for this---stay at an Adult Only resorts (which I typically always do).
• Drinks - My drinks were fine, because I stick with drinks that are straight or with beer, in my opinion you cannot go wrong there. I once tried a mixed drink and it had that aftertaste I have experienced on many of the islands from the stuff they put in the drinks to stretch it (I suppose). Stick with straight drinks and beer you will be ok!
• 5 of the 11 people in my group ended up ill with GI issues….those of us who drank more (and straight drinks oddly enough ended up ok-LOL).
• Shout outs to Franklin who was promoting the timeshare, but once I told him I was not interested he did not dismissed me and we both shared information regarding our countries and people. He and I talked for almost an hour and he would seek me out to tell me hello whenever he saw me.
• Excursion - Save you money and DO NOT GO to IMAGINE club…Kvair next door was better…because Kvair had one type of music and only one portion of the cave open…we were misled by the Comings2 repensentive on site trying to sell excursion…go off the resort to book your excursions you will get a better price. Comings2 is fine for hotel transportation to and from the airport, but they are shady with excursions, bait and switch, overpriced compared to off-site purchased and did nothing to fix our misleading salesperson who sold us the excursion to IMAGINE club. Just stay away from them (they sell excursions on the other side of Coco coffee house). Get your excursions from someone selling them on the beach (they people in red shirts had really good prices).
Would I stay here again, no! But I would recommend it to someone with a smaller budget.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank Kim B

Dear Kim B,

Greetings from Punta Cana!

Thank you for sharing your feedback and for choosing our resort. It is a pleasure for us to know that you enjoyed our food choices and drinks. On the other hand we would like to clarify that bedding assignment is not guaranteed at any time and this is an information well provided in all our websites and to travel agents, our team takes in consideration every guest´s request but they depend on the availability and match with other requests you might have had. Also, we are a family oriented resort and that is why most of our areas are open for all ages.

We respect your opinion and feel very sorry for not being what you expected to make you join the great number of visitors that we make happy day by day.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 18 November 2017 via mobile

Booked this hotel through Thomson/Tui!

As soon as we got to the hotel you felt welcomed instantly. Staff throughout our stay where all kind and very friendly with a wile on their faces.

When you check in- the receptionist will give you a key with $200 off resort spending!! Ignore this! Unless you want to waste a day of ‘timeshare’ meetings and then trying to get you to spend a lot of money.

Our room was in block 9 which we heard some people complain about but our room was gorgeous and the block was lovely and quiet!

Staff where constantly cleaning and trimming the gardens/ swimming pools/ beach/ lobby, the whole hotel is pristine!!

Loads of restaurants to choose from and we didn’t get bored of the food at night at all! Restaurants include:

Seaside grill
Japanese/Chinese (two restaurants in one)
French
Italian
Mexican
World buffet

We booked 3 excursions through Amstar (don’t use the Thomson rep) we found her very unhelpful and more concerned about talking to her colleges rather then helping us. We booked Wild Tigers, Splash Bavaro and Maremium! All good :) take plenty of $$$

Before arriving we read a lot of reviews of people moaning about the sea weed on the beach! We didn’t find this a problem! Yes there was some seaweed first thing in the morning but it was soon cleaned up. The beach area was lovely and clean with plenty of sun beds and shaded areas!

I would like to especially thank Angelo DeAza who always made us feel extremely welcome and was always attentive and helpful to our needs and asks.

We can’t wait to return here again one day! Thank you Dreams :)

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Lucy G,

Receive the warmest greetings from your family of Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana!

Thank you for visiting our property and also for sharing your review with us. We are VERY HAPPY to see how pleased you are with the services and facilities provided during your stay with us. Learning how capable of satistying your every need with our services, staff attentions and facilities, is a BIG PLEASURE.

It will be a big honor to have the opportunity of welcoming you again to host your vacation in the Caribbean.

Best regards,