“Good and ... So Not Good”
Review of Acentos Bistro

Acentos Bistro
Ranked #73 of 335 Restaurants in Punta Cana
Price range: US$20 - US$25
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 21 April 2013

Tiny little bistro in mall adjacent to Tortuga Bay Resort. My daughter's meal was just right -- simple flank steak and fries. My husband and I tried a crabmeat with coconut curry. While we were waiting, we heard banging in the kitchen. Turns out, it was the cook smashing the crab into little tiny pieces that were stirred into the curry. I couldn't eat it, with all the tiny sharp crab shell bits coated in sauce...Still mystified if the dish was meant to be served this way or not!

Reviewed 30 March 2013

We decided to try this place after eating at our resort's restaurants all week. Our hotel concierge was nice enough to recommend it after we said we wanted to try something else. This place beat all of the restaurants at Tortuga Bay hands down!

It's small but cute (cozy is how my wife described it). We sat inside but there is a small dining patio outside if the weather is nice. My wife ordered the shrimp appetizer and lobster ravioli. I had the chorizo appetizer and veal saltimbocca. I will say the chorizo tasted as if it had just been flown over from Madrid. The veal was accompanied by a pigeon pea remoulade which was tasty, and I don't normally like veggies. Both my wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our meals, and the best was yet to come...the absolutely stunningly decadent chocolate fondant! We shared one, and though I have a big appetite, I was stuffed at the end of our meal. Stuffed but completely satisfied. To top it all off, the entire bill was about a third of what we were paying at Tortuga Bay.

This is our first visit to PC but hopefully not our last, and we will definitely be returning to the bistro again!

Reviewed 25 March 2013

Several families all descended on the restaurant with 9 kids all under 6 who basically tore the place apart. The staff handled it beautifully and just went with it. The food was great. Nicely prepared and well executed. I was expecting much less and it delivered. Thanks again. Good value, don't miss this stop.

Reviewed 16 March 2013

We had a delicious romantic dinner tucked into the corner of this very small establishment. There was a large, noisy group occupying the rest of the space, but it really didn't detract from the experience.

Reviewed 6 March 2013

Liked the appetizer linguini with clams but my skirt steak had too much salt. It is definitely worth another visit. It is a tiny place but it has a nice bistro feeling atmosphere.