Guesthouse Las Piedras
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$324
  • Breakfast included
Paradisus Punta Cana Resort(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$340
US$219
Melia.com
US$261
  • Breakfast included
Royalton Punta Cana Resort & Casino(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$672
US$512
  • Pool
Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$305
US$261
US$248
  • Breakfast included
Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$253
BahiaPrincipe
  • Pool
US$222
Elvoline
US$908
Hotelpower.com
  • Breakfast included
TRS Turquesa Hotel(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$263
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewshome away from homemini fridgehostssupermarketretreatbeachdance
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 February 2012

I stayed at the guest house for 10 nights. The family was very nice. The room is clean. There is a kitchen by the garden that I can make food. It's closed to the beach and bus stations. There is also cute cafes and local markets near by. I had a great time. I feel like it was my home in Punta Cana.

It happened to be my birthday when I went. The host came say happy birthday to me at midnight. She also took me out to shop and drink, where both locals and tourist go dancing and drinking. The family was so sweet and I had an incredible experience!

Room Tip: Everything was great. Just be prepared that there is no hot water for shower.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank bingbingju
Reviewed 22 November 2011

My husband and I were in Punta Cana for a wedding, and we spent 5 nights at the Guesthouse Las Piedras. We found the family of Lila and Florian to be welcoming and friendly hosts who created a warm atmosphere that was just right for relaxing, reading, and chatting about life in the DR. The garden area was beautifully lush and clean, and the breakfasts served there were top-notch, featuring fresh juices and Dominican coffee. It was worthwhile to have Florian pick us up at the airport, as we might not have found the guesthouse on our own. After that, it was easy to get around and fun to explore the area on foot and on motoconcho. Many thanks to our kind hosts.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
10  Thank Judy S
Reviewed 2 May 2011

We arrived by rent a car and got lost on our way and we were so suprised that Dalila, the owner, came out and met us on a main street to guide us to the Guesthouse! In terms of value, it is a great place to stay on a budget, very different from hotels or other hostels. The breakfast is great and the coffee is amazing. The owners even gave us great tips for beaches to go see and restaurants where the locals go. If we go back to Punta Cana, we will stay here again. Also, it is very quiet at night so we got some good sleep :) Very good vibe from this place.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
8  Thank ErinGK
Reviewed 18 April 2011

We considered the reviews of this guest house,and decided to take a chance. Here is a honest,accurate description of our visit to Las Piedras
Needless to say we deeply regret going anywhere near this place. Location,couldnt be worse. Down a dusty ,dirty track of a road,that doesnt even have a name,this guest house can be found !. Thats if you are lucky. The front is a massive steel gate,no guest house sign,the taxi drivers dont even know it exists. There could be ANYTHING behind this "armour plated door" it seems.Next door is a working place ,where comes a constant whining of chain saw sounds etc. 100 metres at the back of the house is a SEX CLUB,where music appears to start at midnight at the earliest, until 4am. During the night (doubtful if you will get any sleep) but if you do you will surely wake up to the sound of car alarms going off constantly during the night. Then on one occasion we were woken up by the sound of 4 gunfire shots,quickly followed by rev ving engines and cars zipping by at high speed.Think we were lucky to escape our visit I feel. I mentioned the incident to the boss man , a German guy by the name of Florian. His reply was "what do you expect this is the Dominion Republic". Not a reply to instill any confidence in guests is it.
The breakfast is dire(contrary to other reviews). If you ask for more coffee or juice you will receive the same choreographed reply ie " COFFEE FINISHED<JUICE FINISHED etc . Point taken I feel.Lots of different plants and foliage in the courtyard ,that sadly are totally overgrown,so its a haven for hundreds of mosquitos to gradually disfigure you slowly and meticulously.Horrendous!!. Only cold water at this guest house I am afraid. The whole surrounding area is either closed ,or falling to pieces. Many many shops for sale or rent. Not the kind of views and situations you wish to see when you are on holiday are they ?. Thank god we were only there 4 days. Then we were able to ESCAPE from this horror,and get back to normal for the rest of our holidays . Yes,we we made a big mistake going to the "Las Piedras" but happy that we lived to tell the story to you.Personally I wouldnt recommend this place to my worst enemy- or maybe I just might,it could be perfect revenge.

Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
27  Thank GermanyBlade
Reviewed 21 March 2011

Las Piedras is a nice guesthouse near Bavaro beach. Ask a motoconcho to bring you to playa El Cortecito if you are in for sunbathing. Don't be disappointed about the fact that lots of All Inclusive guests will fill up the beach area as there are many, many hotels. It's nice to come back to this quiet guesthouse, to take a shower and relax at your own balcony. There's a fridge in the room, and the bathroom is simple but clean!! Breakfast needs a bit of variety, missed the fresh juices and some fruit. I also missed some personal attention and had the feeling that the family was too busy for a small talk. Nevertheless, I enjoyed the area and the rates are ok comparing to the rates of other accommodations in Bavaro/Punta Cana. If you just would like to spend a few days in Bavaro, and you don't mind taking a motoconcho to get to the beach, for sure you will feel comfortable in Las Piedras. If you like Dominican music and the famous Presidente (beer) I can suggest you to go to the "car wash" for the ambiance and reasonable priced drinks!!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo