“Wow”

Secrets Royal Beach Punta Cana
Ranked #6 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 11 May 2011

We were in punta cana for 6 days and I have to say it was wonderful. The resort itself was amazing and for only $80 more per night we were able to upgrade to the adult only part of the resort. With that we had our own side of the resort which included a pool, a section of the beach, and a hot tub on our patio. We had a swim up room with a tiki bar right in the pool. 24 hour room service was cool, good burgers and spaghetti. There were restaurants around the resort with 2 restaurants in our section along with a pretty good snack bar at the end. The beach itself was gorgeous and the sand was beautiful. The only thing was the first day we were there we were bombarded with people trying to sell us knicknacks, in reality we bought all our gifts from one tent but after that it was just overwhelming being pulled under tent after tent. We had to go back to our pool in order to escape lol. All in all it was wonderful and we would not hesitate to stay again!

Mayles

• Stayed: May 2011
2  Thank jusaccptitimraw
There are newer reviews for Secrets Royal Beach Punta Cana

Reviewed 11 May 2011

This is one great resort to spend your vacation ....great food, staff, beach, rooms....everything is just great
the atmosphere at the poolbar is pur relaxing.....yoga on the beach, great drinks, amazing landscape.....i cannot complain about anything except for a bit of musty smell in the room...but who cares
The food at the buffet is delicious, a great variety of different food tipes and all of them are tasty

i would recomend this adult only resort to anybody
(sorry about my writing, i am not english)

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hannah24ro
Reviewed 10 May 2011

We arrived a day late because of our flight. We were exhausted and stressed beyond belief after being stuck in Miami for 25 1/2 hrs. and missing out on a day and 1/2 of our trip. When we finally got into the Dominican we took a transfer bus from Santa Domingo (AVOID). We had a hard time with the lanugage barrier. It was only me and my soon to be life partner. When we arrived at the hotel 3 1/2 hrs. later, we were treated like royalty. We were handed a drink, bags delievered to room, and dinner reservations made upon arrival. The guest relations supervisor was incredible at helping us out. Our airline lost our luggage and he got on the phone and had our bags delivered to us within 40 min.

Our biggest complaint while we were there was getting clean towels and the language barrier if you are from the US. Their laundry was broken apparently???

Davie at the buffet dinner helped us with some spanish though.

The rooms did have a funny smell that took some getting used to. It's just the country because the whole resort smelled that way. Once you got used to it, it wasn't bad. I have asthma and found it ok. I came prepared with meds though, but never had to use them.

The breakfast buffet was great! I am an extreamly picky eater, but always made the best out of breakfast. If you are picky, food can be hard. I didn't care for their take on some traditional foods. I had a steak and baked potatoe one night that was great. One day where my partner was sick from drinking too much, I think I ate a lot of french fries. I did NOT like the hamburger. It was odd. Chicken anything was excellent though! I really liked the little chicken drummies they had in some sort of bbq sauce.

The most romantic thing was to go out at night and sit in the chairs and listen to the waves or lay in a hammock. It was truley beautiful.

I found the seaweed hard to swim in, but the beach was beautiful to look at. I am already planning our next trip there. We plan to stay at the same resort.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank amberquick
Reviewed 10 May 2011

Hundreds of hotels in Dominican Republic, and I must say that the NH Royal Beach is one of the best, the NH on the side is more family oriented, and this one is more private, adults only, if you want to have a bit of exclusivity and good service come here, if you are looking for crazy fun, go to another place!Safe place, Clean rooms, jacuzzi in the balcony looking at the ocean.Hotel is new, you can feel it too, Excellent reception and the manager is a great host too.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Protraveller09
Reviewed 4 May 2011

I actually stayed here last year of April 2010 and always meant to write a review.
This place is excellent. The food was superb, the room was clean (which was a miracle considering the amount of sand I dragged in) and the staff was excellent. They were very attentive and helpful. The buffet was my favorite. The food was high quality and always fresh. As for the stand alone restaurants, I wouldn't recommend the Japanese/Hibachi grill. It wasn't that good at all. But, there are plenty of others to choose from.

I researched this place on trip advisor before booking and I couldn't have been happier. It's a great resort. I went with my friend and we both loved it. While there isn't much of a party scene for two single girls, there is always the ability to go off the resort which we did. The only issue we had was getting an umbrella on the beach.

If you're a foodie (like myself) and need some R&R, then I strongly recommend going here.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends
5  Thank Jmet1020
Reviewed 4 May 2011

No vacation is ever perfect, but this was real close to it! I read a lot of reviews, most of them good, some bad. We had no bad experiences. We upgraded to a swimout room and it was well worth the extra $20US a day. Our room was spotless and they stocked our fridge everyday. If there was something you needed, all you have to do is ask. Be friendly with them and they will with you. I did tip most everyone, but they did not expect it. They were very grateful for the little extra I gave them.

No trouble finding a Palapa, but there were people that did have their things on the lounge chairs and never showed. Sometimes I think stuff was left there unintentionally from the night before. In that case I had no problem with moving things off of the loungers.

Pool bar was great!! Get a cocoa Loca.........yummy! If you want top shelf liquor, ask for it! they have no problem giving you what you want. Same as the buffet, they fall over each other waiting on you and they are very friendly too. Food was great!! Did two restaurants and they were good. The buffet was fabulous. Something for everyone. We ordered room service too. Anything you want and it was pretty fast service with a smile.

Yes, the shore line did have a lot of seaweed, not enough to stop me from going in and enjoying the ocean. Crews were on the beach daily raking it up, bagging it and taking it away.

Did not see the nightlife part, we were there to relax and do nothing! We got very good at it. There was a huge wedding reception in the center. It was a show in it self. They started decorating for this event in the morning. Very impressive dessert reception with fireworks at the end!

Shopping: The best/cheapest place to buy souvenirs is on the beach not too far from Secrets...........but beware the vendors are always talking and try to manipulate what you buy. Always barter!! Coffee, rum, vanilla, cigars and cocoa are the best and cheapest things to buy there. Lot's of things are not marked, so offer way less than what they tell you. The shop at the resort is very expensive.

The only negative I did have was do not use their phones to call to the US. I realized it was $1.50 per minute and kept very good track..................somehow more charges than were made were added onto the bill. I complained and they did rectify that issue.

We were there right in the middle while they changed to Secrets. No disruptions at all. It is a classy place and I am planning to go again next year. Hope this helps.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
12  Thank MustangGirl09
Reviewed 2 May 2011

Great hotel, went with three girls for an adult vacation. Rooms a nice,pool is large and have plenty of chairs for lounging. The beach is great although some of the straw umbrellas need to be lifted up out of the ground so you can get under them. The buffet was good and the japenese steak house to. Our one complaint was the drinks, they had limited supply of what you could get and anything tropical and fruity had so much surup you could not drink it,four times we order bottlesn of wine off their wine menu and it was not avavaible.The ground are beautiful and we felt very safe.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
Resident_Mgr_Asst, General Manager at Secrets Royal Beach Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2012

Dear Secrets Royal Beach Valued Guest,

Thank you for your time and effort writing a review about your vacation experience at our beautiful Resort Secrets Royal Beach.

Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconveniences you have encountered during your stay.

We regret not being able to meet your expectations. We take every comment serious and your points of criticism are beneficial suggestions to us to improve the service quality to our valued guests like you.

Thank you again for your genuine feedback.

It will be a great pleasure to be able to serve you again in the future as one of our precious guests.

Respectfully,