Secrets Royal Beach Punta Cana
Excellence Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$439
US$352
Excellence Resorts
  • Breakfast included
Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$259
  • Breakfast included
Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$398
US$208
  • Breakfast included
Paradisus Punta Cana Resort(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$292
US$240
Melia.com
US$262
US$255
  • Breakfast included
Zoetry Agua Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$539
US$508
US$465
US$444
Bookit.com
Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$263
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Occidental Caribe(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$183
US$156
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$337
US$286
Melia.com
10,705 results
All reviewsseaside grillentertainment teameddie murphyla rivieramilky waybaopreferred clubthe lazy river pooljuan manuelpool barbig papispaghettiour honeymoonsexy chocolateswim up roompreferred poolunlimited vacation club
Reviewed 11 August 2011

My wife and I went for a week in late May. Check in was quick and easy and we got right to the room. The best thing about this resort for me was the beach. It was 82 degrees everyday with a nice light breeze. And unlike Cancun, this beach has palm trees in the sand. Every morning we would go down and eat breakfast on the patio, then spend all day on the beach and read. Around 2 we would start on the drinks and be fast asleep by eleven. Never left the resort. You won't want to anyway. I went snorkeling twice. Pay 35 bucks, and a boat takes you about a mile offshore and you snorkel for an hour. And it's really good snorkeling and they give you a vest that keeps you buoyant so no real work required. Made some friends with some other couples and just had a real good time.
The only thumbs down I would give would be the food. Not much flavor and pretty low grade ingredients. The bartenders did a nice job and they serve the good stuff. if you tip extra theyll pull out the bottle beer instead of the El Presidente out of the tap. The staff was really good though and the rooms were clean. Also, they gave us two full size beds instead of a King but we solved that by pushing them together to make one massive bed. One other thing, we had a pretty good room, but all of the rooms except for maybe a dozen are perpendicular to the shore line so even if you have ocean view, when you sit on your patio you more than likely will not be facing the shore. No biggie though.
I would definitely go back for the beach though.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank roninokc
Reviewed 11 August 2011

Ok, first off - I loved the look and feel of the resort. It is beautifully decorated. The grounds stunning, the rooms pretty nice. The staff for the most part were pleasent. The beach was nice although a little sea weed - nothing to scare you though! The resort it self is a little busy and although I thought that I was supposed to be on the adult only side, there seemed to be kids with parents that we saw every so often. A little annoying when you're trying to take a romantic bath on your belcony to hear children's voices. Not exactly what I had pictured. The meals were just ok. The buffet was the best out of all of them. We tried the a la carte restaurants twice and were dissapointed. We were fairly careful with regard to not drinking the water or having any ice in our drinks, although I wondered if the soda fountain for mixers was mixed with their water anyway. The first 3.5 days were great, but my wife ended up with some sort of stomach bug that kept her down and out for the remainder. I spent my days doing activities in between brining her drinks etc. Bring anti diarrhea drugs and most certainly I would not go to DR without anti nausea meds. It probably would have been a great vacation had we not spent it apart with my wife becoming so ill. Don't think we will be back to DR. Also, although we liked many of the service staff, there seemed to be a problem with communicating. We had trouble getting what we ordered sometimes and had a few times to spend extra time trying to understand what they were saying to us.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Canadian e
Reviewed 10 August 2011

Great food and outstanding entertainment staff; lots of activities! Friendly, funny, professional team.

Room Tip: Recommend Pool-side swimup!
3  Thank Jerry B
Reviewed 9 August 2011

...did not meet our expectations in terms of food selection/quality, beach appearance & overall respectfulness of staff.

We dined at a seafood restaurant requiring a dress code, yet we were served the tuna you get out of the can for what they considered an upscale appetizer; followed by a slice of french bread topped with a tomato & lunch meat accompanied by a very generic iceberg salad...in short, the meal was equivalent to what you basically serve yourself at the buffet. (where we had an unfortunate sighting of a roach amongst the food we were preparing to serve ourselves) My husband & I tend to put a positive spin on most things...but in all honesty, the food was very mediocre.

The beach from afar is absolutely breath-taking but upon closer inspection, there is an excessive amount of seaweed that greets you before making attempts to enter or exit the beautiful water. You are faced with having to negotiate through a maze of seaweed & other debris that you don't expect to encounter on such a picture-perfect beach from a distance.

Of course, the native language is commonly used here, but at times the language barriers became very frustrating especially when certain requirements are not being met and we had to resort to doing without or resolving the issues on our own.

Not a horrible resort at all...but we have no desire to return.

Room Tip: You tend to get a better room if you indicate you are celebrating an event...e.g. Honeymoon, Anniversary, Birthday, etc.
1  Thank OurLoveJones
Reviewed 8 August 2011

We went with 2 weeks notice and called Apple Vacations for advice. The resort was situated on a beautiful beach and the staff could not have been nicer and more attentive to our every need. The restaurants offer a great variety of foods and have many to pick from. One individual, "Speedy" was exceptional in his enthusiasm to get the guests motivated to stretch on the beach, take dancing lessons on the beach, or exercise in the pool. I would highly recommend this resort to couples. It has a sister resort located adjacent and you may walk through and partake of everything it has to offer-nightlife, restaurants, etc and then return without the youth. Don't get me wrong I have children also, but for adults only this was a great option.

Room Tip: Try as many restaurants as possible. The buffet is great, too!
4  Thank Judy L