We stayed at the Secrets Royal Beach from December 13-20th 2013. Overall, we had an amazing time. We enjoyed almost everything about our vacation and had very few complaints.
1. On our arrival we were greeted with champagne. Check in was very easy and they went over information regarding the resort and activities we could take part in.
2. Room- We went on the cheaper side and got a jungle view room. It was on the first floor and close to the lobby. Over-all the room was very nice and the room guest service was excellent. They cleaned the room twice a day and left towels. A couple of times we had to reuse towels because they didnt leave enough fresh ones. The bathroom was nice and large. With our room we had a patio with an outdoor hot tub. Our only complain would be that the hot tub was not as private as we would have liked as we had to use our swimsuits. There was a service road so staff walked by a lot and being in the hot tub was not private.
3. Pool/beach- The pool was beautiful and close to the beach. Due to it being winter season the pool water was cold. I wish there was a warm tub or hot tub to relax in. The lounging chairs were nice but most of them were occupied by 8am, especially the ones in the sun. The beach was absolutely beautiful and we had no problems. The staff did a great job bringing drinks to us and keeping kids away from us. The ocean was crystal clear and warm. They have plenty of chairs to use on the beach,
4. Activities/entertainment- Secrets Royal Beach has an amazing staff. They went above and beyond to entertain you and make sure you are enjoying yourself. They had plenty of activities to take part in during the day and many fun shows to watch at night. The entertainment staff was excellent. Milky Way, Akon, Fidel, and Karen all did a wonderful job making us feel welcomed. It was great getting to know them.
5. The only real disappointment was the food. They had plenty of good options but we didnt enjoy everything. The seaside grille was nice and they had great steaks and hamburgers but the fries were always cold. It was great not having to make reservations to any of the restaurants which free'd up our schedule. The restaurants were open from around 6 to 10:45. On day three my husband and I both got really sick. I was confined to my hotel room for most of the day. We cannot be positive it was the food but we both got sick after eating at one of the restaurants.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally situated on the picturesque palm-studded, sugar white Playa Bavaro beach on the eastern coastline of the Dominican Republic, Secrets Royal Beach Punta Cana offers adults all the privileges of Unlimited-Luxury(R). Guests will immediately be embraced within an extraordinary environment where luxury illuminates every detail and our high level of personal service is unmatched. To ensure your romantic escape is everything you've imagined, every detail of your stay will be flawlessly provided and superbly attended to. From the fine quality linens to the daily refreshed mini bar and the unlimited premium brand beverages to the pool and beach wait service. You'll be immersed within a world of stunning architectural design coupled with resplendent views of the lush gardens, crystal-clear Caribbean Sea and dazzling swimming pools. This tranquil, romantic haven in Playa Bavaro is like nothing else you've ever experienced before. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Holiday Gems, Odigeo, LoveHolidays, Travelbag, Booking.com, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Secrets Royal Beach Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secrets Royal Beach Hotel Punta Cana