“Unbelievable”

Secrets Royal Beach Punta Cana
Ranked #7 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 1 March 2014

We went as a group of 4 couples and had a fantastic time. We have been on several all-inclusive vacations in the past. What I found unique about Secrets was the employees. We arrived mid afternoon, checked in and went looking for the beach and food. We found the beach grill and the first person we met was Nelson (being as we are from Nelson County, this was very fitting). He and Rovinson were two of our best friends throughout the week. Karen from entertainment was another wonderful person who would drop everything and spend some time with us. Carlos from the buffet would serenade us in the morning and Patty Annabelle was a wonderful hostess. It was so very incredible to have people who enjoyed waiting on us and worked so very hard all day long just so that we could have a wonderful vacation. This is the first vacation I have ever been on where I went home and realized that I missed the friends I had made at the resort, and that those friends were the resort employees.

I cannot explain how incredibly clean everything was, including the beach bathrooms. The rooms were very nice. The beach was gorgeous. The lazy river was very nice, however, complimentary floats would have been nice. You can buy them at the resort store starting at $8-$30. Entertainment every night was great.

The food on the Secrets end was wonderful. The food on the sister resort of Now Larimar, not so much. The only people who were not super friendly were the ones in the stores (who I don't think are actually employed by Secrets) and the pushy excursion people. But by all means, shop at the resort rather than the Wal-Mart down the beach. Tried to buy necklaces down there, they wanted $3 more than the resort stores.

At the end of our vacation, we ended up having to stay one extra day due to storms at home closing the airports. Secrets graciously accommodated us for a minimum price on our part. When we arrived home, Rovinson Mancebo, our beach grill waiter, had called us to make sure we arrived home safely. Now that is what I call service.

Room Tip: We enjoyed our room with the balcony overlooking the resort patio where all the evening entertainmen...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank DMcClarkson
HotelManagerSERPC, Manager at Secrets Royal Beach Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Dear DMcClarkson:
We want to thank you for taking time to write a review on Tripadvisor about experience among us. I have no words to express our most sincere gratitude for your lovely comments about your recent stay with us.
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Secrets Royal Beach Punta Cana, and on your name we will congratulate our personnel, for helping to make your stay memorable.
On behalf of my team, I want to thank you again for choosing us over other Caribbean hotels for your holidays
Hoping we will see you soon .

Reviewed 1 March 2014

We stayed in Punta Cana, Domincan Republic for the first time at Secrets Royal Beach. We had a great time. The resort was very clean, the staff was well prepared for our arrival and checking in and out was smooth. The food was delicious. I am a very picky eater! We traveled with three other couples and not one of us disliked any of our meals. The beach was clean of sea grass and we found chairs each day with no problems. The entertainment staff was always smiling, remembered our names after meeting us the first day. Akon, Karen, Milky Way, and Eddie were absolutely a blast to be with for days at the resort. I would definitely return to the Secrets resort.

Room Tip: We stayed on the Preferred guest rooms and didn't see much difference in the rooms, so I'm n...

Dear Tori U
Receive cordial greetings on behalf of the entire personnel of Secrets Royal Beach , we would like to thank you for sharing your experience, I am truly delighted to read that our service team, our location, your room and your experience all together were great and you could relax as wanted.
We hope that we can welcome you back soon, and we can meet personally!

Reviewed 27 February 2014

I stayed 15 days the end of January 2013 The staff the food and resort was great I would go back. Only a few things that could make this a 5 star resort, more lounge chairs around the pool you need to get up early to save one and the gym needed updated. The beach was great but the water had a lot of sea grass. It's a time share resort but they don't try to hard sale it I was ask once and that was it. Adults only made it worth the extra cost to stay at this resort. Staff on the beach made it nice no one bothered you venders had to stay away if you wanted anything you went to them. One of the nice features was different entertainment every night plus staying at this resort you could go next door to 3 other resorts they have but they could not use yours. So you had more bars and restaurant and different swimming pools to choose from.

Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank Gene H H
HotelManagerSERPC, Manager at Secrets Royal Beach Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2014

Dear Gene H:
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your vacations at Secrets Royal Beach Punta Cana; on your behalf we will congratulate our personnel for helping to make your stay memorable.
Critics like yours, allow us to see the hotel from the point of view of the customer, and see through your eyes as you lived your holiday also you help us to improve the service that is why we are taking note about your kind suggestions.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

We chose Secrets because we wanted a romantic, adult's only resort. We booked the vacation through Classic Vacations and our package included the Premier Club. What we were supposed to get was an ocean view room in an exclusive part of the hotel. When we arrived we were given an outdated room with two double beds and the balcony overlooked the pool of the neighboring hotel- which was a family friendly hotel with LOTS of happy, screaming kids. While typically I love being around kids, this is not what we were promised. When I talked to the hotel, they told me that they were overbooked and that's all that was available. After several phone calls to Classic Vacations, we were moved the next day to another building to a beautiful room that overlooked the adult side and the ocean! From that point on we loved our stay. The service was excellent and the restaurants and other facilities were great! Make sure you know what you're getting when you book your room.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Tim B

Dear Tim B:

Reviewed 26 February 2014

I read a review that clamed they had a really bad time. all i can say is that they were in a different hotel as this is a wonderful place from being checked in until we left. the staff could not have been more helpful in every way; from the cleaners and gardeners to the manager whom i had the pleasure to meet,a very nice gentleman.from Akon to the barmaid called Jennifer who could not understand english. but i learned they were all getting taught english in lessons from the hotel which is really great thing to do, The guests were also very helpful to me and my wife and assisted me to get my wife in and out of the pool. The lobby bar staff and waitresses started calling me 'Capitano' which I was told was a mark of respect. The food was great with plenty to choose from every day. no matter where we chose to eat we had no reason to complain. I messed up my safe and called the desk and they were at our door in minutes to fix it. We had a swim up room 4178 and couldn't ask for anything more: next to the pool bar but had no need to go to the bar as the waiter came to ask for orders whenever he saw us sitting outside. It was a really relaxing holiday and because of a really hard year at home it was great to be treated like a King and Queen as that is the way we felt. Beach buggies were avalable if required. We did as my wife was recovering from a broken hip and it saved me pushing her everywhere in a wheelchair. so how someone could complain about the hotell i will never know. all i can say is thankyou to all the staf for the most relaxing holiday I ever had and i have been all round the world. and its the best of them all.
Beware using the shop as prices are extortionate - $60 for a pair of flip-flops. The hotel is not responsible for this as the space is just rented out to the shop.

2  Thank john g

Dear john g
We hope that we can welcome you back soon, and we can meet personally!

Reviewed 26 February 2014

My wife and I stayed for 11 days in this superb resort. Right at the first second everybody of the team was friendly, smiling and it seemed that they already knew our whiches before we were able to state them. The rooms are clean and tidy. Cythia and Fidel and his whole entertaintment-team, presenting every evening a fantastic show, is a must see and they are real professionals in everything they do. Juan and Angel of the pool-bar ensure, that you will get a drink weather you right at the bar or you hang out on your terasse at your room. Your hungry? Call the room service. There is plenty of different types of food brought to your appartment in an instant. The restaurants are great. The food excellent. Try the restaurant "Spice Tapanyaki". Acrobatic cooking - or relax wih good seafood or an american steak at the Seaside Grill...great. This was one of our finest vacations ever. The beach the pool, the people...it can not be better. Thanks, Team Royal Beach, for this wonderful time, we will come back. And to all who do not know Secrets Royal Beach Punta Cana...go there, you will not regret it.

2  Thank Andreas R

Dear Andreas R:
Hoping we will see you soon .

Reviewed 25 February 2014

It would be impossible to praise this hotel more highly. The staff are exceptional and are friendly, smiling, courteous, helpful and seem to anticipate any needs the guests may have. When I arrived using a walking stick I was immediately offered a wheelchair for use during our stay. It would be unfair to name any of the staff in particular because they are ALL worth a mention.

Management - very efficient and approachable.

Buildings and grounds - immaculately clean and well-maintained. The hotel is rather sprawling with wings of rooms radiating out from the Lobby and Plaza (where the evening entertainment is held) but 4-seater golf buggies transport guests to and fro if requested - very handy after a night out!

Rooms - very clean indeed. Our room was a swim-out room in Wing 4, close to the beach, the pool, the pool bar and a block of 4 restaurants offering self-service or Table Service. No complaints about the food: the rib-eye steak in the Seaside Grill was absolutely wonderful but the helping was far too big for me. The adjacent Now Larimar Hotel has an additional 7 restaurants that are available to Secrets guests. The Bluewater Grill there serves delicious moist salmon - worth a try! There is also a casino in Now, if you fancy losing some money......

The entertainment is fun to watch. I would certainly recommend the Monday night Circus Act's finale; it is the most amazing balancing act you could imagine. When it rained - which it did from time to time but the showers were brief and not really heavy - the alternative entertainment programme was held at Now's theatre.

Room Service is free 24/7, the mini-bar in the room is stocked up with water, beer and soft drinks on a daily basis. Poolside waiters and waitresses constantly supply guests with drinks.

A free bus runs 4 - 5 times a day to a Shopping Mall and picks you up about 2 hours later. The temps were 80 - 85 degrees throughout our stay.

Watch Out, Secrets! We'll be back.

4  Thank SanquharJazz

Dear SanquharJazz:
Thank you very much for sharing all your experiences in the Secrets Royal Beach Punta Cana hotel and thank you for choosing us for your holidays.
For us it is an honor to receive reviews from a so professional traveller more if we could read that we have managed to exceed such important expectations.
I am glad to know that my personnel could make your holiday memorable!.
We will love to greet you soon again, so we have another chance to continue surprising you with our hotel and service.
In the name of my whole team, let me wish you and your all the best.
Yours sincerely,