“Loud, cheesy entertainment ruined it for us”

Secrets Royal Beach Punta Cana
Ranked #7 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 14 March 2014

We stayed at Secrets Royal Beach for our 1st wedding anniversary in late Feb/early March 2014. We booked this resort because we were looking for great weather, all inclusive with lots of restaurants and adults only and we wanted a quiet relaxing holiday.

First impressions - reception is really nice, however check in seemed a bit chaotic. We were given a cold towel and a glass of champagne on check in, and then the minute we left reception, champagne in hand, to find our room we were collared by a waitress and made to pour our champagne into disposable plastic cups, which detracted from a luxury a little!

Rooms-
The room was very large and spotlessly clean. The only issue was that there was some black mold around the bottom of our shower. This was a real shame as it spoilt an otherwise perfect hotel room.

Pool-
Our first day at the pool it was a mission to get a sunbed in a decent location. We soon learnt that you have to get down to the pool before 8am (about 7:45am!) to leave towels on sunbeds with umbrellas. There just were not enough sunbeds, they need far more around the lazy river. The sunbeds were also all really close together.
The pool waiters/waitresses were fantastic and you literally are never without a drink. A shout out to Vanesa at the pool bar, she was absolutely fantastic, and also Alberto and Angel who were wonderful.
The pool looked lovely, and the lazy river was wonderful, but now for my biggest issue about this resort - the entertainment. We're a professional couple in our late 20s, we go on holiday to relax - we don't like loud, cheesy entertainment. So at around 3:15pm every day the tranquility around the pool would be broken with the entertainment team coming out to dance to the worst theme tune you've ever heard, followed usually by loud pumping dance music for some kind of game or aqua aerobics. I have no issue with putting on entertainment as a lot of people like that kind of thing, but you just can't escape it - purposely positioned ourselves away from the main pool on the lazy river but it's just SO LOUD it's ridiculous and it really annoyed us.

Beach-
Was ok. Sea is not crytal clear as it's Atlantic Ocean and therefore windy, which churns up sand from the bottom. We found the beach really crowded and again, to get a sunbed under an umbrella you had to be out to put your towels down by 8am. This was so irritating!!

Restaurants-
The Riveria buffet was generally really good, with lots of options.
The beach grill was great - it's basically a BBQ on the beach every day
Oceania - seafood/fish - we weren't blown away
Gohan - sushi - we really liked it!
Seaside Grill - loved it, steaks were great
And the great thing about this resort is you can also go to the resort next door (Now Larimar) but they can't come to Secrets so you get access to lots of other restaurants...
Tamarindo - mexican - loved it!
Spice - asian - you need to make a reservation at guest services to get a table on the show table. Loved it!
Bluewater Grill - american - loved it!
Overall food was really fantastic. A tip for you though. In the restaurants they will give you a wine list with prices for wine by the bottle. You can just ask for glasses of house wine as included within the all inclusive package rather than buying bottles.

Bars-
This is the downer. No bar on the beach or by the sea in the evening. In the evenings there's only the lobby bar or the outside area immediately outside the lobby bar and again, if you want a drink in the evening you can't escape the entertainment. I don't want to be harrassed to dance with members of the entertainment team, I want to sit and have a nice drink talking to my husband! The entertainment was very loud, overbearing and cheesy.

Staff-
In general the staff were wonderful and very hardworking. You rarely have an empty glass! However, the entertainment team would regularly come round and try and talk to everyone - if we've positioned ourselves as far away from the main pool as possible to get peace and quiet, we don't want the entertainment team to keep coming to try and talk to us and get us involved in activities.They seem absolutely desperate to get good Tripadvisor reviews (you get the sense they're actually targeted on it) and I heard them several times practically begging people to give them "excellente" reviews. The irony is, had we just have been left alone to enjoy our holiday we probably would have given a much better review!

Tipping-
We didn't feel obligated to tip, and felt that whether we tipped or not we would get the same level of service. Our rep advised us that tipping a dollar or two here and there was perfectly appropriate if we wanted to. So we tended to tip a dollar a day for housekeeping, a couple of dollars after each restaurant meal (except the buffet) and we gave a dollar here and there to the pool waiters who bought us drinks, but we didn't tip every time. Reception were great for changing larger notes into dollars for us. (American dollars is best, you don't need Dominican pesos)

Overall-
A beautiful resort, well-maintained, amazing food, great service. But would we go back? No. The entertainment was just too loud and over-bearing and you couldn't escape it. It's such a shame.

Room Tip: You want to be away from reception as it's very loud there in the evening!
1  Thank MrsSJC
HotelManagerSERPC, Manager at Secrets Royal Beach Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Dear MrsSJC
Thank you very much for sharing your review with us.
We regret that your experience at our hotel was not fully satisfactory and we were unable to exceed your expectations. Thank you for the detailed and clear review that you have written to us because it helps us improve the quality of our resort
The first thing we would say is that we deeply regret having failed to reach the level you expected compared to other hotels.
We kindly take note about our entrertaiment and the level of sound.
We care about your feedback so we want to inform you that we are working to improve it due to not having more complains like yours. Our main goal is to provide the best vacation experience ever so we truly regret that noise did not allow you to achieve your expectations.
Again, thank you for choosing us for your holidays, and we hope that eventually you will give us another chance to surprise you with our hotel and service.
Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 14 March 2014

Stayed Feb 21st to Mar 7th in a Swim up room

Overall had a very nice holiday at Secrets, there is much for you to enjoy at
this hotel but 14 days was a bit too long even with all the added restaurants.
The service throughout this Hotel makes it what it is .. Huge well done to all the
staff.

Our Review in more detail.

Firstly the Hotel.
Very clean with plenty staff, the grounds are beautifully managed with many
palms everywhere. Where the lazy river starts is particularly pretty with its
bridges and gardens. The hotel is designed with the lobby at the top and then
has 2 rows of parallel 3 story blocks running down to the beach where the 4
Secrets Restaurants are all together. Just across from the lobby is the lounge
bar and just outside is a large area called the Plaza where the evening
entertainment takes place . The gardens run down between the 4 blocks.

Room 4148
Ours was great, very clean, everything worked and the bed was as comfortable
as we've ever had. You have your own small patio with table and chairs plus
2 sun loungers to pull out onto the small grass area between the patio and
the lazy river. This is very handy as long as you are on the sunny side !!!
Very important you are in the left hand side blocks facing down from Lobby
in the 4100 range of numbers, especially if you've up graded to a Swim up room
as the other side near the beach gets no sun at all on the ground floors.
And yes, you can lounge here all day without moving and your drinks will be brought
to you, great service. Satellite TV had Premier football for British fans ch 8 also
Champions League ch 89 and upwards.

Pool.
Compared to most 5* pools I have to say it's one of the smallest I've come
across, the lazy river extends it some what but even so with 600 guests it's small.
I guess it would be hard to stay in the sun or shade at times due to available space.

Beach.
If you are coming here you will not be disappointed, it is one of the best we
have been on including Bali, Phuket,though the Maldives is still no 1.
What wasn't so great was the amount of shaded space available !!!
The Hotel after a few days of arriving was full and it was clear the management
had added more loungers so getting a bed was not a problem, but getting a
shaded bed was and by the 5th day you were having to get up around 6.30am to
reserve one, I'm an early riser so not a problem for me.
The problem is the beach is split in two with one half having tall palms as shade
and the other half having only around 60ish shaded cabanas on the beach.
The sun rises up over the sea and you need to keep moving round to either keep in
the sun or shade which was hard to do with so many loungers crammed in between
the cabanas
The beach is large enough for far more cabanas which would give people far more
space and therefore reduce the need to get up early .. It our holiday after all.
On a huge plus note is again the brilliant waiter service provided on the beach.

Restaurants .
First off let me say we don't smoke so great news for all you non smokers, all inside
areas are non smoking and adhered too. Not so outside terraces.

This is a hard one, why .. Because it varied so much between being excellent to
quite poor.
We choose our Hotels carefully and a big priority for us is the dining quality which
you can only get a feel for on forums like this. The service we found to be almost
always excellent to very good, slightly spoiled by plates being removed the second
you finish even if your partner is still eating, usually your next course would come
quite quickly afterwards, so you could be in and out quite fast ... I do however
understand this as unlike other so called quality 5* hotels you never need to make
a reservation. You are encouraged to have various types of coffee and liquors
afterwards which is more leisurely. Baring in mind the Hotel was virtually full the
whole 14 days we were here we never had any problem getting a table or felt a
drop off in service .. Well done to all the waiters and staff.

The red wine was just okay and the white not so good in Secrets .. but was so bad
in the Now it was almost enough to put you off going there period. Why tie the
3* Now in with a 5* ?? it doesn't make sense.

Our first meal was in the Secrets Seaside Grill .. We had a filet and rib eye and
it was awful, huge in size, but tough and tasted of herbs, odd, with it came a hard
jacket potato and some not very well cooked veg. The next night there was no
better, though I have to say the service was excellent both times if a little speedy
for our liking. We later gave this restaurant another go and thank goodness we did
the steaks this time were so good we came back several more times . Rack of lamb
was also fantastic.
It seemed most people enjoyed the Riviera buffet, it's not how we like to eat but when
we did eat there at night it again varied from very good to average, as you may of read
in other reviews some of the food that should of been hot was luke warm at best or
well over cooked. I must say there is a great choice at all meal times.
One thing I did enjoy here was at both lunch and evening times there is a chef station
where fresh meats, fish and pasta were cooked to order and then you could chose
whatever you wanted to go with it. Great views over the ocean as well.
Also part of Secrets is the Oceana fish and Gohan sushi restaurants which we found
only okay, the sushi one not really sushi as we know it and the fish one a little bland.

As for Now, we booked the Chef display in Spice which caters for 3 tables of 12 people
per night. The food is cooked in front of you and was a mixture of rice fish and meat
which was quite nice but by the time it all got served was again a little cool.
You don't have to book to eat there otherwise but the only other time we tried it we
left most of the supposedly Pad Thai main dish. These guy have never been to
Thailand to try the real thing, I thought the overall choice of food was poor as well.
We tried the French restaurant Mercure though found nothing much French about it
and the food very average but here the wine is awful.
After hearing mixed reviews about Caper (Italian) at Now we decide not to bother, but
if you are here for any length of time I think you should try it, on the coach to the
airport some people said it was there favorite.

Entertainment
What we saw I thought was good for an all inclusive, but everyone's taste varies so
its up to you ... Don't miss the circus act that was very good. Again service here is
fantastic you won't wait long to be served no matter how full.

Tipping
Not necessary I know but....
Being English this is not high on my priority when I come on holiday, I normally
bring enough to tip here and there but this is the first place I've been too that has
made me feel I needed to change more money to show my appreciation for the
excellent service I felt we were given at every level from the maids who done our rooms
(we noticed these can change daily so if you are going to tip do it daily) to the
boys and girls round the pools beach and swim up rooms to the fantastic people in the
restaurants and bars ... Well done and thank you all.

General
Very Good hotel, best service ever ... Please provide more cabanas on the beach
and slow the restaurant service down just a bit.
You really are made to feel welcome here so if you are coming soon enjoy ... if you
are unsure, don't be.
And finally I did email 2wks prior to departure for a swim up on the sunny side which
we got ... Not 100% sure this made the difference but I did get a reply back from
a lady saying she couldn't guarantee one but would try so a huge thanks to her
anyway .. Sorry I forgot your name.

Room Tip: For swim up rooms you need to be in rooms 4140 upwards for sunny aspect. Rooms on the other side of...
4  Thank firtreepete74
HotelManagerSERPC, Manager at Secrets Royal Beach Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Dear firtreepete74:
We want to thank you for taking time to write a review on Tripadvisor about experience among us. I have no words to express our most sincere gratitude for your comments about your recent stay in our hotel.
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your vacations at Secrets Royal Beach Punta Cana; and on your behalf we will congratulate our personnel for helping to make your stay memorable.But in the other hand we regret not been able to exceed your expectations.
Critics like yours, allow us to see the hotel from the point of view of the customer, and see through your eyes as you lived your holiday also you help us to improve the service that is why we are taking note about your kind suggestions.
On behalf of my team, I want to thank you again for choosing us over other Caribbean hotels for your holidays
Warm regards

Reviewed 13 March 2014

My husband and I just returned from a week long stay at Secrets Royal Beach and we couldn't have been happier! The Dominican Republic has such wonderful, attentive people and is the main reason we go back! I will try to keep my review as short as possible but I would like to give credit where it is due.
The resort itself is beautiful! Finely manicured lawns, pools and facilities clean and not too big. Being adults only is a nice perk and I think it was less loud and wild in general. The lazy river-type pool was a great asset to the place, unique and beautiful!
Check in was a breeze! A waitress kept refilling my glass of champagne until we were ready to go to our room. The people at the front desk had warm smiles and friendly attitudes, so easy!
We stayed in room 5334, advertised as tropical view. It did have palm trees and such outside of the balcony but we also had the view of the neighboring building. Now to some that may not be satisfactory, but to the hubby and I, we only use the room for cleaning up and sleeping so it wasn't a problem! Plus, it made for more privacy for the use of the balcony jacuzzi tub which we did use a couple of times. The room is very spacious and beautifully decorated! The bed was the most comfortable we have experienced in a resort and we had no problems sleeping. The bathroom has double sinks, a big walk in shower and private room for the toilet. Dim lighting as others have reviewed but it didn't pose a problem. I want to thank Ana Rosa, our housekeeper for the week, for the great job she did cleaning and making towel art. I never met her but she does nice work!
The beach was nice, lots of white sand and warm, blue water. Some seaweed but that's to be expected. We never had any trouble finding lounge chairs and the abundance of palm trees created some needed shade throughout the day. Great beach side service from everyone! We spent morning until about 3 pm at the beach.
The bars were nice…I especially love the high bar stools at the beach bar, Marlin. We spent the afternoons at Freshco, the swim up bar. Special shout out to our bartender, Derby, who was there every single day of our trip and would remember us daily by saying, "Hello my family!" We very rarely had to wait for a drink, he was always ready with another. And Partricia, she made a fabulous sangria with tons of fruit and every bottle of booze you can imagine…very tasty!
And speaking of tasty, the food was just that…the best I've had on vacation! We had dinner at the Seaside Grill 3 times while we were there and each time I had the ribeye steak, it was the best tasting steak and the portion was huge! The seafood restaurant, Oceana was just as good. I had grouper and my husband had the shrimp, very yummy. Gohan, the sushi restaurant was excellent! Great sushi and the main course of pork were very tasty. We did go to Now and ate at Spice at the hibachi grill. The chef was entertaining and the food was our favorite of the trip! The buffet food was very good in general and we didn't use any of the other restaurants on the Now side. We even ordered room service a couple of times and everything was great! And at every restaurant, for every meal, the service was outstanding! All in all, there were a lot of flavorful cuisines at the resort, no one should go to bed hungry!
The entertainment team was the best we have encountered on vacation from dancing and games on the beach to afternoon games at the pool bar! I wish I loved my job as much as they do and had a tenth of their energy! The nightly entertainment was great as well! Special shout out to my favorite team…Karen, Milky Way, Eddie Murphy, Darling and Akorn…you guys rock!
I would like to commend the managers and staff of Secrets Royal Beach…we had an excellent time and will return!

Room Tip: Building 5 on the 3rd floor tropical view, but mostly view of another building. However, much quiet...
3  Thank Jenny W

Dear Jenny W
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. For us is a pleasure to know that you and your husband, enjoyed all the facilities and amenities, and that we exceed your expectations in every single detail. We congratulated on your behalf our personnel of Secrets Royal Beach, for helping to make your stay so memorable and to share the joy I felt when reading it.
We will look forward to welcoming you back again. In our hotel we are honored to have customers like you.
Comments like yours give us strength to continue on our way, thank you for your warm words of support and encouragement.
Warm regards

Reviewed 13 March 2014

My wife and I have visited many All Inclusive resorts. While the staff was very friendly the accomadations had a lot to be desired. Our room was very dark due to the poor choice of LED lighting. When we asked to have more lighting at the front desk as well as the Travel desk they both told us they would try to take care of it but nothing changed. The room smelled like mildew as well as the sheets and bedding. We asked to have the bedding changed. The bedding was changed and the very next day it smelled again. After a few days all our clothes started to smell in the room do to the poor air conditioning system. I took a closer look by pointing one of the few lights at the AC vent and was able to see mold. There was also mold on the ceiling of the bathroom which has no exhaust fans. My wife and I got sick on the last day and both went to our doctor which were informed we had a upper respiratory bacterial infection. The food at the Spice restaurant was good, and the eggplant at the Italian restaurant was good but not Great. The Mexican restaurant was ok, we did not try the French and the American was not good at all. Typically you can find very good food a resorts of this caliber. The resort itself is very beautiful but we are very sorry we booked our reservation at Secrets. I would never recommend this resort to anyone since I am still sick from our visit. Very disappointing since we were so looking forward to this Vacation.

7  Thank rrforn

Dear rrforn
First of all, we would like to transmit you how sad we got in the very moment we were aware about your opinions regarding our Hotel, where you can believe that our main concern –and goal – is always achieving the satisfaction of our guests, and becoming their holidays in happy experiences and memories that remain with them beyond their stay amongst us.
We actually want to express our most sincere apologizes if we did not achieve generating in you that feeling and if we were not able to satisfy your expectations at all. You can believe that was not our intention.
On the other hand, we thank you that you took some of your valuable time to send us your comments and points of view, because as you perfectly understand, that is the best way we have to be able to focus our corrections in the right way, the preferences of our guests.
Critics like yours, help us to improve the service, that is why we are taking note about your kind suggestions, and we are going to work with housekeeping department because as you said for us is not tolerable to have problems as the ones you describe, even if we are in a tripical weather country. Again, thank you for choosing us for your holidays.
Best regards

Reviewed 13 March 2014

The best parts of this resort are the Entertainment staff and the beach. Eddy Murphy is the best!! The entire entertainment staff, Fidel, Milky Way, Akron, Karen, Cynthia, Darling, Evan, etc, were amazing. They really made our vacation extra special. There are activities all day and fun shows at night. There’s no pressure to participate so you can either join the fun or just watch. I can’t believe the energy they have.

The beach is absolutely beautiful. There was some seaweed in the afternoon but it was all cleaned up very early each morning and didn’t interfere with going into the water. The only problem with the beach was that it was pretty crowded in the shady areas. As Secrets attracts an older crowd, most of us enjoy the shade so there was not as much privacy as I would’ve liked. However, if you are a sun worshiper, there is a HUGE area with all the privacy you will need. I couldn’t see there being a problem getting lounge chairs at the beach or the pool, but if you don’t want to get there early, you may not get the spot you want. With that said, I would take this beach over any other beach I’ve been to.

The drink service on the beach was fantastic. We looked forward to seeing Patricia every day. She did a great job and we also tried to help each other learn the other’s language. She made a big difference in our vacation and I look forward to seeing her when we return. The drinks were all very good. They had Stoli vodka, Johnny Walker Black, Jim Beam and other name brand if you didn’t want the well brand.

The food was excellent on the Secrets side and pretty good on the Now side. When we return, we will probably skip the restaurants on the Now side mainly since it’s very busy over there with all of the families. It’s just much more relaxed and upscale on the Secrets side. Between the three restaurants, the menu selection is extensive enough that you don’t even need to go to the Now side. All of the restaurant staff were very friendly and did a great job, but the hostess, Areana, and server, Leopoldina, really stood out as exceptional. Francisco, Junior and Juan made our evenings even better with their exceptional service at the bar. Francisco would make me special dessert drinks each night after dinner.

Check-in and check-out were very easy. We’ve been to resorts where we had to wait a long time to be assigned a room or our room wasn’t even ready even though it’s late afternoon. But not here. Edward checked us in and he was very quick and efficient. We were in our room within minutes of arrival. Check-out was even easier.

The grounds, pool, and beach were all pristine. The rooms are spacious and kept up well. Housekeeping did a great job each day.

We stayed at the NH Royal in the spring of 2010 and loved it. Now that the resort is a Secrets resort, it’s even better. The main improvements are the drink selections and the staff. There was an additional charge for certain top-shelf liquors at the NH, but it’s all included at Secrets. At the NH, there was a real language barrier, even with the bartenders and wait staff. With Secrets, EVERYONE speaks at least a little English, including the housekeeping staff. Most staff members with regular contact with the guests speak fluent English. My goal is to learn more Spanish, but I appreciate that they are all learning some English.

I’m already in the process of booking again. We’ve been to six other resorts in Punta Cana and this is by far our favorite. We’ve also been to Jamaica a few times, Mexico twice and the Italian Riviera. But this is our favorite.

1  Thank Bears3454

Dear Bears3454
Receive cordial greetings on behalf of the entire personnel of Secrets Royal Beach Punta Cana, in our hotel we are honored to have customers like you thank you very much for sharing your experience from your recent stay!
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and knowing that you recognized our effort and daily work to improve and provide the best service possible, on your name we will congratulate our personnel for helping to make your stay memorable.
We look forward to seeing you again
Cordially

Reviewed 12 March 2014

My husband and I were celebrating our 2nd anniversary and belated honeymoon. I had no budget and I heard such wonderful things about this resort. I looked online & the few things that were non negotiable & were our must haves; a private villa/suit with a private beach ocean front, private pool/Jacuzzi looking over the ocean, and massages on our private beach area. We were looking to have a quiet time but with some excitement occasionally. The pictures on the website exhibited everything we wanted and we happily paid extra for it. Upon arrival everything was beautiful, airport was close to resort, friendly staff and very clean! The resort is very big so we took a golf cart to out room. As the bellboy, Benathial walked us up to our room and up flights of stairs I knew we were in the wrong place. He opened the door to our room which over looked the pool NOT the ocean it smelled like mildew and was very plain. The jacuzzi was a big bath tub with jets in it and there was a concrete wall separating whatever view we had. I told him I think we were in the wrong room and he immediately called the front desk for us. They told me we were in the right room and we had an upgraded room and if we look over the balcony through the palm trees we can see the ocean, its a partial ocean view. Only presidential suits have full ocean view.NOT WHAT WEBSITE SAID! I went back and forth and when I said ok we'll upgrade she told me NO it wasnt available bc they are all being used as models for the timeshare tours! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!! So I hung up in disappointment. The poor bellboy tried to make us as comfortable as we could. He was so sweet. When he went to get us a drink in our own private MINI bar aka a small fridge.. it was EMPTY!!! He sent someone immediately to out room and without knocking they came barging in and walked in on me naked! So after all that we went to eat and tour the grounds. Food was terrible in every place we went to including surrounding resorts that belong to Secrets. The buffet and the room service was the best and thats not saying much. Room Service was 24hrs and that included beer. Thats great! Beach beautiful but the all included activities required a hefty deposit. Beach had no music and way to quiet for our liking. Pool was quiet but at least had music and occasional group activities. Pool closed at 6 and if you stay later you get kicked out! One night I decided to take a nap after pool closed and my husband decided to walk the beach and a gentleman from our resort propositioned him and asked him if he wanted a hooker, any color and kind to be exact. LOL he kindly declined. We were there for 6 days and we choose to do excursions just to get out of the resort. Party boat, swimming with sharks, zipline and para-sailing were amazing but expensive. One day we spent the afternoon at the spa, it was expensive, massages were like a mouse walking on my back. Spa area was so gorgeous and leading up to the spa they do shower,steam room, sauna, walk on cold rocks, jump in an iced bath, sit under a waterfall and stand as a couple on this bubble thing & that was amazing! Ive never experienced anything like that before and that was well worth it! Do NOT take the free tour to go to the gift shops, waste of a day. U will find better items in the stores throughout the 3 resorts! Grounds were beautiful, staff was amazing, interaction with entertainment staff (MilkyWay, Michael Jackson look alike) were so incredible! Restaurant staff made us feel tipping was necessary at all times and as service was exceptional, however food was terrible! I wish that staff was at another resort and I would go there! For the $3500 we spent just to book the trip I expected alot more and not to have been played by false advertisement. I wish we went to the Hard rock down the block for much less and a better time!

Room Tip: Do not upgrade not worth the extra money, just ask for a room closer to pool and away from the enter...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Christina S
Critics like yours, help us to improve the service, that is why we are taking note about your kind suggestions, and we are going to work with our departments for improving our service. Again, thank you for choosing us for your holidays, and we are glad that above all those little problems you will like to return, and you could enjoy your stay with us
Best regards

Reviewed 12 March 2014

Wife and were there Feb 24 to Mar 3. Beautiful landscaped grounds, terrific friendly service, good drinks and food, nice beach and pools, and very good nightly entertainment. We were very impressed. Everywhere we went the Dominican people were warm and friendly, and always had a smile.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear DaveGisriel
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and on your name we will congratulate our personnel for helping to make your stay memorable.
We look forward to seeing you again