“Treat yourself to Paradis”

Secrets Royal Beach Punta Cana
Ranked #6 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Canada
“Treat yourself to Paradis”

Our 9th visit.
You want to travel without worries ....so It' the place to be.We are travelers who love cleanliness, comfort of beds, food and especially the kidness of people who work there. We have the chance to know their names. They strive to speak English and Franch with us. We treat them like members of our family. They all so important to us and more for the Hotel. Each one of them making the difference. Hotel pretty safe day and night. The welcome is warm. And and the beautiful white sandy beach with turquoise sea that is very heavenly. Don't waste time a go see what Paradise look so.
Special thanks to Mr Luis Gomez. Jazmin Rojas, Omar Saavedra and Loraine Guzman.
Thank you to Patricia for her excellent service on the beach. At the resto thank you to Nelis for fresh fruits, Nidia for yoyr great smile, Nervin, Luis Jose, Felix, Jose at ghe wine and ricardo, Yovany, and to all the David's. Leopoldina, Josepha, Jaqueline, Carmen. Ismael. all the butler'sA special thank you to Mister Dominguez . Thank you also to Akon, Milky, Eddy and Cinthia.
To all the maids.

Room Tip: Well they all nice.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
HotelManagerSERPC, Gerente at Secrets Royal Beach Punta Cana, responded to this review, 27 April 2014
Dear REALISTE45:
Greetings from Punta Cana, is a completely pleasure to know that once again we exceed your expectations at Secrets Royal Beach, on behalf of the whole team I want to emphasis that it's always a pleasure to see that from the general manager (Mr. Dominguez) to the last employees managed to make memorable your holidays, we look forward to see you and greet you once again in few months, you know that this is your second home,
Kindly regards
Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,558)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Truro, Canada
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Lots of sun, sand, good food and beverages at the Secrets Royal Beach resort. The staff were very pleasant and accommodating, and always very happy. We had a little difficulty with getting our towels replaced in our room for a couple of days, but otherwise the room was kept very clean and comfortable. Food was great at both Secrets and Larimer, and the evening entertainment was varied and enjoyable. The entertainment committee were particularly great, very enthusiastic, and worked very hard day and night to include guests in the activities. Fidel, Eddy Murphy, Milky Way, Akon, Charlie and Cynthia were lots of fun, and particularly kind and accommodating to my disabled husband. We chose this resort for its small size, and ease of getting around, and we were not disappointed. We've been to a number of "top shelf" resorts, and this one was on par.

Room Tip: Top floor, away from balcony to main plaza, will help you if you wish to sleep before midnight.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Dawn M:
Greetings from Punta Cana, it has been my honor to know that we exceeded your expectations and that our entertainment team made ​​your holiday a memorable moment
Thank you very much for choosing Secrets Royal Beach for your holiday.
Warm greetings
New York City, New York
Reviewed 24 April 2014

This resort was amazing! We just got back from our honeymoon! I could not of picked a better place. The resort, rooms, and beaches are beautiful! We were worried about being bored on the beach for a week straight....however the entertainment staff outdid themselves! There is always something to do! Yoga, kickboxing, salsa lessons, volleyball tournaments, cooking contests, zumba, and other various activities. There is a show every night with dancers, acrobats, and people spitting fire. There is a party at the pool everyday around 3:30. The pool area is great because if you want to get away from the party and have some quiet you can just go to another area around the pool and you will not even know there is a party going on. So you can have the best of both worlds. The entertainment staff become more like your friends and are working from 9am on the beach until 1230AM (they even put on a show at the club after the nightly show!). All of the other staff were extremely nice and helpful.
As part of our honeymoon package, we got a bottle of champagne, roses petals on the bed, and a sign across our door that said "honeymoon."
The staff at the restaurants and around the pool and beach area work extremely hard and work very long hours all day on their feet and in the hot sun. I know some travel agents encourage you not to tip, but I cannot imagine why! I was more then happy to give the workers a dollar or two when they brought me my drink or leave a tip at the end of the meal. They deserve it! If you can afford to go on this trip you can afford to spare a few dollars here and there to tip them.
Overall our honeymoon was more then we could of ever asked for! We had an EXCELLENTE time and would most definitely return to this resort! I will be recommending this resort to anyone who wants to get away and stay at an amazing place.

3 Thank IlanaKa
Dear IlanaKa:
Thank you very much for sharing all your experiences in the Secrets Royal Beach Punta Cana hotel and thank you for choosing us for your holidays.
For us it is an honor to receive reviews from guest like you, that are in such a special trip as a honneymoon more if we could read that we have managed to exceed such important expectations.
I am glad to know that my personnel could make your holiday memorable!.
We will love to greet you soon again, so we have another chance to continue surprising you with our hotel and service.
In the name of my whole team, let me wish you and your all the best.
Yours sincerely,
Topeka, Indiana
Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

We loved our week at the Punta Cana Secrets Royal Beach! It is a beautiful grounds...everything is groomed to perfection. Our room was beautiful..the nicest we've had in our 5 years of going to the Dominican Republic. The walk in ceramic shower was amazing, I want one at home now! We opted for the garden view which was perfect for us...less money but still very nice! The poolside rooms would have been nice also as the pool winds through the property in front of a lot of the rooms and you could just walk out on your patio and hang poolside. Due to the winding river pool there were a lot of bridges to walk over...fine for us but would be troublesome for handicapped or older people. Tho I think there were other ways to get to the beach throughout the building. Our first day on the beach we met Akon. He is on the entertainment team and is so happy and full of energy I have no idea how he does all he does! He was constantly dressed in crazy clothing and having a great time. Our first eve there he was dressed as the naked cowboy And sang my daughter in law a birthday song! She loved it! Thank you Akon! Then there was the ever smiling Milky Way. What a sweet guy! Cyntia was so bubbly and friendly as well. Also Loved talking with Karen on the beach! The entertainment team was all so friendly..oh and I can't forget Charlie too! Then there were also all those sweet drink waiters on the beach who continuously walked the beach asking if you needed anything! It has to be hard watching us all relax and enjoy the hot sun and water while they worked so hard ...thanks to just a few of my favorites...Carlos and Ana luisa. The restaurants were again, the best we've had in the Dominican Republic...loved our sweet waiter Eddy at the Carnival Buffet...wow, you talk about service with a smile! All in all...we loved the resort and I really couldn't say one bad thing. They bend over backwards to make your stay amazing! We Americans should take some lessons on work ethic and friendliness! Thanks Secrets! It was Excellente!

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Cindy B
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We congratulated on your behalf our personnel of Secrets Royal Beach, for helping to make your stay memorable. We will look forward to welcoming you back again. In our hotel we are honoured to have customers like you.
Comments like yours give us strength to continue on our way, thank you for your warm words of support and encouragement, your message will be communicated to all staff to share the joy I felt when reading it.
Thanks again.
Reviewed 23 April 2014

This by far was the best vacation that we have ever had. We were greeted at the door with Champaign and a cold towel. This resort is EXCELANTE !!! The rooms were beautiful and oh the bed was so comfortable. I have never slept so good. We had the tropical view room and it was great. I don't think that any room would be bad. We had no problems with anything in the room. Ramona our housekeeper was wonderful she always made sure that our room was cleaned and ready for us.. I was impressed with the food. The best place by far was the sea side grill. The carnival international cafe was a great all you can eat. Loved the breakfast. The food was so good. There was a few other places that I was impressed with the steakhouses were great. Room service was really good. If you choose to shopping have them take you to the center with the Hard Rock Café we got taken to some fly by night place to shop was really disappointed in that. Did figure out if you walked down the beach there are vendors. They are pushy but it was fun. There was Vendors at the larimar resort next store but we did not realize it until we had already been shopping. The pool bar area was great. My go to person was Angel!!!!! I can not say enough about him.. He is wonderful. He was always busy and kept the drinks coming for everyone. He was working on teaching us a little Spanish which we loved. The entertainment was great. I would have to say that the foam party was a favorite of mine.. Everyone seemed to enjoy it. I did not know that if you participated in the activities that you can win auction money and bid on prizes. That was a nice thing. Something everyday at the pool area. The grounds are so beautiful and they take such great care of everything. I think that every employee was so friendly, they always greeted you with a smile. The was some what of a language barrier when you were at the beach trying to get drinks sometimes they did not know what you wanted but it did not matter. We did go snorkeling (reef explorer) well I liked the staff they were great and I did enjoy doing that My husband also went deep fishing which he liked he caught a fish. We just enjoyed laying around and relaxing for the 7 days. I would recommend this to anyone that wants a vacation of a life time. We so loved everything.

Room Tip: I do not think that there would be a bad room in the place.
Dear DAWN M:
We want to thank you for taking time to write a review on Tripadvisor about experience among us. I have no words to express our most sincere gratitude for your lovely comments about your recent stay with us.
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Secrets Royal Beach Punta Cana, and on your name we will congratulate our personnel, for helping to make your stay memorable.
On behalf of my team, I want to thank you again for choosing us over other Caribbean hotels for your holidays
Hoping we will see you soon .
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed 23 April 2014

My husband and I with one other couple just returned from our 5th wedding anniversary which served as our honeymoon(since we never had one). I really thought that this resort was small enough to not be too overwhelming. Food was good and it was nice to not be required to have reservations for all the restaurants. The beach was very close and very clean. The staff were very helpful and pleasant but there was a definite language barrier even for being an American owned company. I also thoroughly enjoyed the entertainment that occurred every night in the main plaza outside the lobby. Our check-in was slightly time consuming and not very organized, but in turn we were upgraded to Preferred (VIP) Status with private building, lounges, beach, dining areas, and pool with bar at NO charge:). That was the way to go! I wouldn't recommend venturing off the resort unless on an organized excursion. The surrounding area is very impoverished. Beware of the sales tactics even on the resort. They really try to reel you in, but don't let them fool you. All in all this was a great first resort trip for us.

Room Tip: Preferred Club rooms are in a building that faces Now Resort(with kids), but is just steps from the...
1 Thank Katie M
Dear Katie M
Receive cordial greetings on behalf of the entire personnel of Secrets Royal Beach , we would like to thank you for sharing your experience, I am truly delighted to read that our service team, our location, your room and your experience all together were great and you could relax as wanted.
We hope that we can welcome you back soon, and we can meet personally!
Bogota, Colombia
Reviewed 22 April 2014

This is my second time in a Secret Resort, the first was on my Honeymoon. For me this second trip to Punta Cana was like a second honey moon. The service is really good in the restaurants, pool bar, lobby, and room service. The rooms are really comfortable, nice bed, good air conditioning, good mini bar and really clean. They always leave chocolates at night, nice decorations with ducks made with towels, etc. The WIFI service is expensive , but it was perfect for me and myy wife because I got disconected from news, chating, emails,and our jobs. if you really want to enjoy your vacations put your cell phones in the security box.
I really recomend this place. The beach is really nice, beautiful. You can do many activities like beach volleyball, aerobics, entertaining games, sailing, kayak and dancing classes of Merengue and Bachata. The entertaining team is Great, they are fun, nice activities.

Room Tip: Choose a room that is nearby de pool. You just open the room door and go out to the pool and have wa...
1 Thank Mauvergara