“Amazing Service!”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Amazing Service!”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

This resort is very nice but a little more expensive than other comparable resorts in Punta Cana. Everything was good but what stood out the most and really made our vacation was the friendliness and service of the extremely hard working people employed here. So I just want to mention their names and thank them for all they did to make our time here so memorable. Jackie checked us in and made us feel so important, as did his "twin" Constant. Julio and Francisco in the VIP preferred club were so helpful and nice. Our pool bartenders, Willi, Jeffrey and Santa made sure we were taken care of like we were their only customers. We will also miss our waitresses, Ana J and Noemi at the plaza. They took such good care of us. But I must say our favorite was Karen, who was part of the entertainment team. We fell in love with her and will miss her very much. I hope that Secrets realizes what amazing people they have working for them and how they really make vacationers feel so special. Thank you, thank you, thank you to all of them!

Room Tip: We were in preferred adults only part of hotel with a room #2465 that overlooked the pool; however t...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
HotelManagerSERPC, Gerente at Secrets Royal Beach Punta Cana, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Dear terry656
Receive cordial greetings on behalf of the entire personnel of Secrets Royal Beach Punta Cana
Thank you very much for sharing your experience from your recent stay with us, I have no words to express our most sincere gratitude for your lovely comments about your recent stay with us.
It was a pleasure hosting you and being able exceeded your expectations. We congratulated on your behalf our personnel for helping to make your stay memorable
We will look forward to welcoming you back again. Thanks again,
Kind Regard
Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,558)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 11 May 2014

We originally went to Secrets with a group of friends who stayed for a long weekend while we stayed for the entire week. We went for relaxation, so we didn't do any excursions and had a wonderful time at the pool and the swim up bar, first with our friends and then with all of the new friends that we made - everyone was very friendly. After leaving the never ending winter of the mid-atlantic states and arriving in the heat and humidity of Punta Cana, we were greeted in the lobby with a glass of champagne and a cooI, wet, scented cloth to freshen up. The food was excellent, both in the buffet and restaurants. I can't say enough about the entertainment staff who provided so much enjoyment. There was always something going on to get involved with or just to watch. Akon, Charlie "blah, blah, blah", Milky Way were always pleasant, upbeat, entertaining and helpful and, along with Cinthia, who seemed to do everything from teaching short classes in Spanish every morning to dance lessons on the beach, and Karen who not only joined in the daily events around the pool, but also performed in the evening shows - they made the entire trip more enjoyable. I'm sure we would have enjoyed our stay without them, but they made our vacation a restful but really fun week.

Room Tip: The only problem that we had regarding our room was that we had a "tropical view". This m...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Patricia B
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We congratulated on your behalf our personnel of Secrets Royal Beach, for helping to make your stay memorable. We will look forward to welcoming you back again. In our hotel we are honoured to have customers like you.
Comments like yours give us strength to continue on our way, thank you for your warm words of support and encouragement, your message will be communicated to all staff to share the joy I felt when reading it.
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 May 2014

We were in this Hotel last year for our HoneyMoon and all I can say is It was incredible! Everything was PERFECT. Since the moment we arrive to the hotel we felf more than confortable. We had acess to the restaurants attached (in the hotel attached) but the ones we have in Royal Secrets were 100 times better. There is an Argentinan Restaurant the last one we tried were the meat was supperb!. I fully recommend It. I was a little bit scared because I really wanted the perfect and relax Honey Moon, and we really had it.

Room Tip: We were in one of the oceans view, but I think It would be better have chosen the swimming pool view...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Gema G
Thank you very much for sharing your experience from your recent stay with us for such a special trip like your honeymoon, I have no words to express our most sincere gratitude for your lovely comments about your recent stay with us.
We will look forward to welcoming you back again. Thanks again,
Kind Regard
Long Beach, California
Reviewed 10 May 2014

This is my 4th trip the Punta Cana and the 4th resort I have visited. This year I traveled with my husband to celebrate our 1st anniversary. I was very disappointed with Secrets and will not be using this brand again. Here is a summary of the resort:
Wins:
1- The team at Secrets was great. Most of them went above and beyond to make sure our trip was great. I hope recognition goes out to Brenda and Alberto at the outside lobby bar, Ayendi (bellhop), Fernando and Gendry at the pool and Charlie and Nixon from the Entertainment Team.
2- Food- I am both gluten free and vegetarian and found plenty of food to eat.

Misses:
1- If you want a chair by the pool, be prepared to wake up VERY early. The resort threatens to do a sweep of the pool chairs at 8am, but that never happened. Not sure if people put out towels, book, etc before bed to save the best chairs, but my husband woke up at 7am to get us chairs and we still got bad chairs (no shade, cramped, etc).
2- Entertainment- At the other resorts I have stayed at, the resort hires outside companies to do the nightly entertainment. At Secrets, they have a Circus night which is great, but all the other nights are in house entertainment and are VERY boring. I was surprised by this and spoke to one of the leads of the Entertainment team, Fidel. He explained that the Secrets brand is for upper class people (what was he trying to say) and that Germans did not like loud noise. I found this response odd since the resort was more than 65% filled with Americans. Fidel explained that the Secrets brand was not one that had entertainment nor did they value outside shows. It was after my talk with Fidel that I decided that Secrets was too stuffy and boring for me. I don't need crazy and loud shows, but Fidel said the same boring jokes EVERY night. I suggest changing it up! Fidel was a huge turn off for me. His jokes were terrible and I observed how he treated his team with a lack of respect. Not good.
3- Most of the team was nice, however managers like Fidel and Marlin at the outside lobby bar seemed to have been over promoted. Marlin rarely smiled and greeted Guests. When a Guest asked him for an ashtray for his room, he told him to call housekeeping. Really, you have 10 ashtrays, give the dude one!
4- Random notes- The Sports Bar is terrible! The resort is too cheap to pay for a Sports Package, so the NBA Finals and Stanley Cup playoffs were not available. The bar is more of a place for kids to play Wii and Xbox. The Spa is stupidly expensive. The prices do not include ad huge tax so beware. This is the first time I did not use the spa services because it was way too expensive. The resort has a bath in every room (on the patio) but it costs $40 to get bath salts. Seriously, $40 to take a bath! The bathroom by the pool and buffet restaurant often runs out of toilet paper and is nasty because so many people are using it. My suggestion would be to have someone working in that bathroom from 8-7pm each day to maintain it.
I love Punta Cana and its people. I will continue to visit every other year. However, I will not return to Secrets in Punta Cana or anywhere else. They need to focus on getting the details right for their Guests.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Magzoey
HotelManagerSERPC, Manager at Secrets Royal Beach Punta Cana, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Estimated Magzoey :
thank you for sharing your experience in our hotel , we are very sorry not to have met your expectations , and we take note of your suggestions for possible areas of improvement .
The issue of reserve sunbeds , unfortunately is not so much in our hand as on the customers , we can advice that is not allow to reserved them, but remember that we can not touch the personal belongings they leave .
Referring to entertainment, precisely because our guests can go to the hotel brother and neighbor, we have sought a differentiation to satisfy most people, creating two different entertainment environments depending on your tastes.
In this regard the Scores Bar, sorry it was not to your liking , unfortunately is not at our hotel , so in this sense we can only offer pass your information to see what could be improved.
However we note your advice.
attentively
Reviewed 10 May 2014

We had the most amazing stay at Secrets - traded our timeshare to stay here for 1
Week (April 27-May 4) - everything about the trip was amazing. First the hotel is absolutely beautiful - grounds are well maintained and the adults only vibe is amazing.. You can have a quiet,calm trip if you want or you can partake in all the fun and entertainment at the main pool bar. The entertainment staff was the best I have encountered! Shout out to Akon, Milky Way, Karen and Charlie Brown for an unforgettable experience - so many fun activities to take part in if desired! The fact that you have full access to the Now Larimar facilities just a short walk away as well made for more dining options. The food was some of the best we have ever had at an all inclusive - highly recommend the hibachi (need reservations), French and Italian. All in all the perfect trip... Just so happens we got engaged on the trip, but honestly even without that excitement it was a fabulous time :)

• Stayed April 2014
Dear Camolloy
Hayling island
Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

Arrived back 3 days ago after a fantastic week in this Luxurious complex! I have been to many Caribbean resorts and most have been superb. Secrets has now become my favourite and I will return very soon!
The location is excellent! Not too far to transfer from Airport.
The Staff are all friendly. In fact most I would go as far as saying Professional! Especially the waiters and cooking staff.
Rooms: we stayed in a basic suite with Jacuzzi on the balcony. Very very clean, lovely shower room. WC etc. bed very comfy and the cleaners were great!
Entertainment: we can honestly say the shows and general entertainment are the best we have ever experienced! They totally worked their socks off all day and evening! Very high standard!
Swimming pool was perfect temperature and although there were sometimes a lack of sun beds, there were always available sun beds on the beach, whatever time of day it was.
Beach.. Just perfect, white soft sand, sea breeze, beach bar with lovely staff :) turquoise sea! Sometimes sea grass washed up but that's nature and the hotel tried to clear it nicely.
Food!! Well after just 1 week we gained over half a stone each.. Say no more!! The buffet restaurant had good choice hot and cold. Enough for sweet and savoury tastes. We only tried a couple of the other Restaurants and the food was equally good with great service. Barefoot grill on beach we used everyday and were served well with chicken, hot dogs, burgers or Steaks! Good chef!
Check in could have been a bit quicker and our room was not quite ready! However, the fantastic good points of Secrets make you forget any minor bad points.
We really enjoyed the Pool Foam Party, beach party, Tribute show and 'Circus style' type acts. The Tribute show took us by surprise with their Dancing and performing talent and exceeded our expectation for a hotel. 100% enjoyment!! Thank u to all Staff including the Gardeners, whom keep the grounds immaculate & clean, through to the Waiters, Chefs, Cleaners, efficient Bell boys and very talented Entertainers ( Akon, Milky Way and their colleagues)! Thanks for a BRILLIANT holiday. Went home HAPPY AND CHILLED WITH MANY HAPPY MEMORIES :)

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jan H
Dear Jan H
Walsoken, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Stayed here from 29 April to 6th May. I can only compare this hotel to other five star adult only hotels my husband and I have stayed at in the Caribbean and around the world. We have been to the Dominican three times and it was our first time in this hotel and resort. The only two things that have enabled this hotel to gain the five star status is the fact it has a gym and spar. We did not use the spa and like most spa's it was very expensive. We visited the gym and found the gym very small and had very limited amount of weight lifting machines.

Check in- took ages and when you have just been on a 8 hour flight all you want to do is get to your room shower and start to unwind. The bell boy who took us to our room was not very helpful.

The room was large and cleaned very well daily but lacked comfort. We had a swim up room and this was very convenient as a lot of people appeared to struggle for sun lounges but two had been provided with our room.

Didn't try the a la carte at secrets only tried the buffet and it was vile, cold and the restaurant smelt of a hospital kitchen. The service also in the Buffett at secrets was very inconsistent lots of staff appeared to be on duty but nobody appeared to know what they where doing.

We always eat at the carnival at now larima at breakfast and lunch the food there was very nice and lots of variety, The a la carte restaurants also over at now larimar are nice.

Daily entertainment was soooo predictable and tacky in addition to this it was also very very loud and no different to a three or four star hotel in any other part of the Dominican.

We are off to secrets capri in Mexico in October for two weeks I sincerely hope it does not resemble that of secrets royal beach.

Room Tip: Swim up room was convenient as sun lounges are provided, Easy access to the pool by a step. We bo...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank THECALLOWS
HotelManagerSERPC, Manager at Secrets Royal Beach Punta Cana, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Dear THECALLOWS,
We would like to thank you for choosing us for your holidays and for posting a review about your experience.
Please receive our apologies for the inconveniences you might have encountered during your visit. Our main goal is to provide the best vacation experience to our valuable costumers .We truly regret that you left our premises with an opposite idea in your mind because the service, the food and the entertainment was not what you expected.
Please feel free to contact us if you decide to give us a second chance to show you the way we care about our customers.
Best regards,