“Superb resort!”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Boston, Massachusetts
“Superb resort!”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Just returned from a week at this fantastic resort! From the moment we were met at the airport until the minute we were dropped off on our return, staff did everything possible to keep us happy! This resort is sparkling clean, the most friendly service and staff I have ever met!! Beds and pillows were exceptional! Entertainment was much fun! Food is all restaurants, including buffet was the best I have ever had at an all-inclusive resort. My drink wasn't even empty before it was filled up again at each restaurant. Bar service at pool and on beach was excellent too! Really, honestly, this was one of the best resorts I have ever stayed. If there is anything negative, it would be the lighting in out bathroom. Otherwise, I would not hesitate to recommend this resort.....oh. And the beach was awesome too! There was a lot of grass type debris coming in with the tide, but staff was always our to clean it up so if really want a problem.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank jeantier
HotelManagerSERPC, Manager at Secrets Royal Beach Punta Cana, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
Dear jeantier
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We congratulated on your behalf our personnel of Secrets Royal Beach, for helping to make your stay memorable. We will look forward to welcoming you back again. In our hotel we are honored to have customers like you.
Comments like yours give us strength to continue on our way, thank you for your warm words of support and encouragement, your message will be communicated to all staff to share the joy I felt when reading it.
Thanks again.
Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,498)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Booked our Anniversary Trip with my Hubby for 5 nights.
Stayed Monday May 26 through Saturday May 31, 2014

Booked Preffered Club- Tropical/Pool View

As you drive into the Secrets Royal Resort- The Location is really Clean and the Buildings Look Newer.

Main Lobby- Bell Captain Holds your Luggage while you check in.

Since we had Preferred, we were VIP, so the Bell Captain escorted us in a Golf Cart to the Preferred Club Level Building which is located CLOSEST to the Beach (Sand)

The Preferred Club Level/Building has it's "own" vip check in. Private Bar Tender/Server in the lobby area ONLY for the preferred guests.

While you check, they explain everything to you in great detail along with a map and schedule of events (entertainment, pool activities etc)

Preferred Feature has great Benefits
1) Private Lobby Area with Full Time Bartender (ALL DAY)
2) Lobby with IPAD (Wifi)
3) TVs in the lounge area to just chill and eat cookies or snack on stuff while you drink (unlimited drinks)
4) wifi for 1 device (wifi is in and out, you have to keep logging in.. this should be addressed by the staff)
5) Closer to the Beach
6) Private Pool (ONLY For preferred) Pool has bartender and lounge chairs outside
7) Private Beach Area (ONLY for Preferred)
8) Adults ONLY :)
9) Opportunity to DINE at Sea Side Grill (Preferred Only)
10) Dine at Castaways (preferred only)
11) Upgraded Suite with a Jacuzzi in the Balcony :)

Preferred is worth the upgrade- You get better rooms, get to dine anywhere including at the NOW Hotel which is next door

Why we love this place-
Its really nice, and clean. Looks Newer.
They're fully staffed. Anywhere you turn, there is Staff.
At night time, there are several guards in the area, ensuring the safety of the guests.
Doctor on Site- ( my foot got swollen, luckily I got to visit the doctor on site!
Spa On Site
Casino On Site (small)
Nightclub on Site
Theater on Site
STAFF is so Humble and SUPER Friendly! :-) We really did feel so special because they address you by your name! YES! They actually remember after 1 time. At least the Entertainment Staff Did!

We especially would like to give KUDDOS! to our Favorite Staff Members!
Pool & Entertainment - Karen, Milky Way, Charlie Brown
Bartender at Preferred- Santos
Bell Captain - Gabriel
Preferred Lounge- Cesar

FOOD:
is so-so. Appearance is nice, but I guess we're pretty big foodies, so when it comes to FOOD, we travel a lot and love to eat, so the Food needs improvement. I think it just lacks "flavor" but I experienced this even outside of the resort, so I think it's just how they season their food.
I would rate the a 7 out of 10.

Entertainment
Every day and Every Night they have a DIFFERENT Show or Activity!
It's so cool because there is SO MUCH to do you really can't do everything :)
OPTIONS and Choices!
During the Day they have Pool and Beach Activities both Exercise and Fun! and you obtain Monopoly money which you can use to purchase stuff they sell during one of the Auctions at the Beach!
Night- They have a circus show, magic, fire etc - Super Cool!
Late Night- Night Club for Dancing if you're up for it :-)

Overall, we had a great Experience and highly recommend this place!
We would go back! :-)

Sarah Lin

Room Tip: UPGRADE TO PREFERRED- ADULTS ONLY AND YOU BENEFITS FROM THE UPGRADES! Rooms in the Preferred Area a...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Melin L
Dear Melin L
Thank you very much for sharing all your experiences in the Secrets Royal Beach Punta Cana hotel and thank you for choosing us for your holidays.
For us it is an honour to receive reviews from our guest more if we could read that we have managed to exceed such important expectations.
I am glad to know that my personnel could make your holiday memorable!.
We will love to greet you soon again, so we have another chance to continue surprising you with our hotel and service.
In the name of my whole team, let me wish you and your all the best.
Yours sincerely,
Mt. Pleasant, SC
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We were invited to stay at Dreams by a Dominican Doctor, who booked our trip with "Colonial Tour and Travel". We did not know what to expect and had some concerns.
Upon arrival our first impression was not too good because we were offered an upgrade to a better ocean front suite and they would not accept our reservation as part payment. We did not take it.
A very nice driver took us to our room on an small electric van. The pathway was surrounded by palm trees and plush tropical plants. Awesome! We started feeling at ease.
Our room was excellent, a comfortable bed, nice sitting area, excellent TV and desk, and a wide balcony with sitting chair and a small table. The sea was close and we could see part of a white sandy beach. Under our window a beautiful pool winded around the whole area we. Lounge chairs were dispersed by the pool under gazebos and the beautiful landscape.
There were numerous restaurants, including a French restaurant that required reservations. First night we were tired and decided on "a la carte". We started going to the Riviera but it was cafeteria style. It was next to Oceanic. Rosa, one of the waitress saw us having doubts and immediately offered to get us a menu from Oceanic for us to decide. Rosa ended being the best waitress we've had. She was the reason that after our first night, we decided to have most of our meals at the Riviera. By the way Oceanic was a disappointment.
We were taking it very easy therefore, we got to the beach late and all the chairs under the hay umbrellas were taken. The chairs under the pine trees right on the water were so comfortable and shady that we decided to use them the rest of our stay. The water was wonderful except, it had too much algae. The good thing about it was that it didn't stick to your body.
Our stay was perfect except, the cleaning lady was very thorough, so much that one day I left a souvenir carelessly wrapped and she confused it with trash. Also the fan was very loud but the AC on auto was Ok.

Room Tip: The dreams building on the right (from the beach), our room on the 3rd floor was on a curvature the...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Mariaacordova
Dear Mariaacordova
We want to thank you for taking time to write a review on Tripadvisor about experience among us. I have no words to express our most sincere gratitude for your lovely comments about your recent stay with us.
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Secrets Royal Beach Punta Cana, and on your name we will congratulate our personnel, for helping to make your stay memorable.
On behalf of my team, I want to thank you again for choosing us over other Caribbean hotels for your holidays
State College, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 9 June 2014

This resort is so beautiful and the staff is so wonderful. Cinthia, Karen, Milky Way, Charlie Brown, and Angel were the most entertaining staff members I've ever met! The rooms are HUGE and the food is 5 star quality. The hotel is only a 20 minute ride from the airport in Punta Cana, and when we got off the bus they had cold towels waiting for us. The reception staff was very helpful with getting us checked in quickly and we were on the beach in no time! So sad to leave but we will definitely be going back!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Sofia S
Dear Sofia S
Receive cordial greetings on behalf of the entire personnel of Secrets Royal Beach , we would like to thank you for sharing your experience, I am truly delighted to read that our service team, our location, your room and your experience all together were great and you could relax as wanted.
We hope that we can welcome you back soon, and we can meet personally!
Windsor, Canada
Reviewed 8 June 2014

My husband and I went here for our honeymoon. From the moment we checked in we felt like family. We were greeted and welcomed with “welcome home”. The whole trip was amazing. Our room door had a honeymoon banner on it and the room was spotless. You can tell that all the staff truly enjoys working there, they are often singing and smiling. When passing them in the halls they always say hola. One waitress even picked me flower for my hair after she saw me taking photos of it and admiring it

Everything about this place is great! The entertainment, the beach, pool, drinks, food, and staff! We even made the news letter for being on our honeymoon. It was fun reading it every day to see the events of the day. Our favorite staff person was Juan Carlos. Every night he would remember us and offer us the drink of the day.

If you get a chance to visit this beautiful slice of paradise, enjoy every moment.
We miss it and it’s only been a week since we have been home.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Sylvie M
Dear Sylvie M
Croks
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Overall we loved it! The best customer service. Always something to do! Thanks to the entertainment staff: Charlie Brown, akon, Fidel, Karen, cinthia, and Milky Way. Also loved our bartenders/servers Ruth, Patricia, willy, Elias, Joel, and Jonathan! Woohoo!

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Jesscav31
Dear Jesscav31
We hope that we can welcome you back soon, and we can meet personally!
South Carolina
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

My wife and I went down in May for a week with another couple. After a short 20 minute ride from the airport and we were in paradise. Greeted by their staff with their common saying "welcome home", I wish it were true. There was not a bad time at the hotel. Everything was fluid, easy and enjoyable from checking in til we arrived at our room. We did spend the few extra bucks for the preferred club, DO THE UPGRADE. This lets you stay in the preferred section on the adult side of the resort. We had our own hot tub on the balcony, that Jackie ( great guy) surprised us with one night. We came in to find rose pedals in the shape of a heart on our bed with a trail to a drawn bubble bath in the hot tub with more rose pedals. Ok, back to the preferred club. You have your own bar in your hotel, we stayed directly across from it on our stay, some reveiwers said it was noisy, not the case at all. We never heard anything, and we only had to walk out of our room to get a top shelf drink. You also have your own prefered pool bar. Pretty sweet, being in preferred allows you to go to all 4 different sections of the hotel, only preferred can come to yours. Make note that there is a lot of fun at the other pool bars as well, but you will not have top shelf booze. Funny enough we always had a fun time in our preferred hotel bar, Francisco will make sure of it. The beaches are great and you dont get bombarded by people trying to sell you things, now if you walk 5 foot off the resort, get ready because they are everywhere. You honestly don't need to leave, they have any and everything you would ever need there and the service is unbelivable. If your hungry, they have numerous resteraunts onsite, only the hibachi needs reservations. The preferred over where the buffet is on the adult side is excellent. Most had great food and we tried to hit them all. The seafood on the adult side is not one of them. I love my fish and this place wasnt it. If one bad fish plate is the worst that happened to me at this resort, I call that a win. If you are going to Punta Cana, stay here. You will not be dissapointed!

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends