Secrets Royal Beach Punta Cana
Excellence Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$411
US$390
Excellence Resorts
US$249
US$196
  • Breakfast included
Breathless Punta Cana Resort & Spa(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$371
Bookit.com
  • Breakfast included
Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$253
BahiaPrincipe
  • Pool
Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$391
US$293
US$437
US$428
Bookit.com
The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$433
US$325
Melia.com
Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$280
US$261
  • Breakfast included
The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$331
US$248
US$771
US$578
Orbitz.com
10,613 results
All reviewsseaside grillentertainment teameddie murphyla rivieramilky waybaopreferred clubthe lazy river pooljuan manuelpool barbig papispaghettiour honeymoonsexy chocolateswim up roompreferred poolunlimited vacation club
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Ok, so let me start by saying that I'm a picky traveler. I will read a million tripadvisor reviews on multiple properties for weeks before deciding where to go. And I did just that when deciding where to go in Punta Cana. The reviews of Secrets Royal Beach were right on the mark - the resort is amazing! I get annoyed with long reviews but I'm about to write one because I loved this place so much that I want to tell you every detail about it!!

Rooms: We upgraded to a 'Preferred Club' room when we got there so that we could be closer to the pools and beach. The property is quite large so, we found it worthwhile to be only steps away from both. Also, in the Preferred Club, we had access to the club's private pool which was a little quieter than the main pool. Both have swim-up bars but the main pool seemed to attract folks who liked to drink a bit more than we do. The room itself was very large, very nicely decorated and very clean. I'm telling you, I looked for anything that might be dirty or worn and found nothing - not only in the room but througout the entire property! (did I mention how picky I am?)

Restaurants: There are about 10 restaurants at this all-inclusive resort. You can have French, Italian, Mexican, Seafood, Hibachi or an international mix. Some serve sit-down meals others are buffet. The buffets were huge with a wide variety of foods - all were very good. The resort was busy but not over-crowded. It's incredible how they serve the number of people they do. In addition, room service is available 24/7. (I gained 4lbs in 5 days.)

Resort in General: The grounds are inmpeccable - perfectly manicured lawns and flowers. There was a company working on the grounds every day. The Preferred Club pool had hammocks that you can swing in over the water. It also had lounge chairs built into the pool! There were always enough lounge chairs around the pool. The main pool winds around the property. Some rooms have sliding doors that open up so that you can walk out and jump right into the pool. They have floating rafts so you can just float around as though you're in a lazy river - it was so relaxing. The beach was gorgeous - white, sandy beach with lounge chairs and straw umbrellas - again, we never had a proble getting a chair. There are kayaks, sailboats and wind surfers for free and you can pay for other things like a banana boat ride and parasail. There were also cruises and snorkling - we didn't go on them though.

Sevice: The service was OUTSATNDING!! the staff go above and beyond to ensure that you are enjoying your stay. They are really friendly and so happy. You can't walk by a staff person without them saying "Hola, como esta?" When you ask how they are, 9 out of 10 will say "excelente!"!! Most everyone speaks some English but it is helpfull to brush up on your Spanish -- afterall, you're vacationing in a country where Spanish is the native language so make an effort will ya? Luis at the swim-up bar, Maree (sp?) and Jesus, the Club Concierges and our housekeeper, Maria were all great. When checking out, I made a point to seek out Jasmine, the Manager to let her know how happy we were with everything during our stay - I've never done that!

In many reviews, I read about the British complaining about the Americans and some really are an embarrassment to our country. Some Americans start drinking in the pool at 10am and just keep going and get louder as the day progresses. Most seemed to be having a good time but I could see how people who are a little more buttoned up might be annoyed. I'm only half buttoned up so it didn't bother me and it didn't feel like it was Spring Break or anything.

Ok, finally, there are lots of scheduled activities on the family side of the resort at Now Larimar - Spanish lessons, yoga, dancing lessons on the beach. Different kinds of contests, pool volleyball and basketball. This side of the resort has a lively nightlife schedule, too - Vegas-type shows on the plaza, karoeke, etc. They really have it all!!! Loved every minute and it was worth every penny!!!

Room Tip: Regular rooms are a bit of a hike from the pools and beach. Preferred Club rooms are closer to the beach and pools.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank KKD_Newtown
Hotel Manager N, Manager at Secrets Royal Beach Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear KKD_Newtown
Receive cordial greetings on behalf of the entire personnel of Secrets Royal Beach , we would like to thank you for sharing your experience, I am truly delighted to read that our service team, our location, your room and your experience all together were great and you could relax as wanted.
We hope that we can welcome you back soon, and we can meet personally!
Warm regards

Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Myself and my new husband stayed at Secrets for 2 weeks for our honeymoon. Well what can I say, it was truly perfect! I have never been to a country where the people both staff and local are so nice and hospitable. They could not do enough for me and my husband, they went over and above to accommodate those extra special touches when they knew we were honeymooners. The food is excellent, again the best food I have had whilst abroad. We travelled with Thomson and our rep was excellent, the welcome meetings are well worth going to! The one and only negative was the entertainment, it was quite poor for an adults only complex, although this would not deter us from staying again! The pool waiters are fantastic and really make an effort to get to know you, our favourite was Angel, he was great! Spotless rooms, fantastic staff, great food, beautiful place and comes highly recommended! I was quite anxious reading reviews only a few days before flying out and I honestly can't understand the negative reviews, there is clearly no pleasing some people! Do not be put off by the negative comments, it was perfect for our honeymoon!!

Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Katie R
Hotel Manager N, Manager at Secrets Royal Beach Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear Katie R
We want to thank you for taking time to write a review on Tripadvisor about experience among us. I have no words to express our most sincere gratitude for your lovely comments about your recent stay in Secrets Royal Beach Punta Cana.
We are glad to know that we exceed the expectations of such a special trip like a honeymoon. Comments like yours are a true inspiration to our continued pursuit of excellence in everything.
We have congratulate on your behalf all our personnel, whose service contributed in your happiness
On the other hand, we are glad to read that you would like to come back, if that happened, it would be an honor if I can meet you personally.
Yours sincerely,
Luis Gomez

Reviewed 12 July 2014

It is the staff who make this place so special! Entertainment people Evelyn, Cinthia, Charlie Brown, Milky Way and servers Fernando, Nelson and Rafael, and bartender Elias were our favorites. They truly made for a memorable vacation. We would definitely return.

• Stayed: July 2014
Hotel Manager N, Manager at Secrets Royal Beach Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear mclite4
Receive cordial greetings on behalf of our entire personnel , we would like to thank you for sharing your experience, is our absolute pleasure reading reviews as kind as yours.
We have congratulated all our staff whose service contributed in your happiness.
We hope that we can welcome you back soon, and we can meet personally!
Best regards

Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

If you are looking for quality, great customer service and style this is the place. I'm looking to go back next year. The staff is very professional, the rooms are awesome and the food is great. The staff makes you feel comfortable at the beginning. Fast check in and check out. Housekeeping service is fast. My friend and I had a blast.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank angietutis

Dear angietutis
We want to thank you for taking time to write a review on Tripadvisor about experience among us. I have no words to express our most sincere gratitude for your lovely comments about your recent stay in our hotel.
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your vacations at Secrets Royal Beach Punta Cana; and on your behalf we will congratulate our personnel for helping to make your stay memorable.
On behalf of my team, I want to thank you again for choosing us over other Caribbean hotels for your holidays
Warm regards

Reviewed 12 July 2014

I always question reviews because I’m not sure who is writing them, so I’ll give you a little info on us first, so you can determine if my review is relevant to you or not.

My wife and I are in our early 50’s, we’re the energetic sports types, tennis, golf, biking. We generally dine out quite often and travel a few times every year from points of interest within North America, to the Caribbean and South America.

We do a la carte trips in the US and cruises or all-inclusives when outside the US. This year we went July 1 - July 7th with 12 of our employees and family (ages 24 to 61) to Secrets Royal Beach in PC. This was our third Secrets property. (Silver Sands and Wild Orchid).

Generally the resort was very nice, clean and the staff was friendly, unfortunately many did not speak English well, which usually isn’t a problem, however when all your menu choices are only in English and they don’t understand what you are ordering then it becomes a bit of a problem. They really need to work on that situation.

My other dissatisfactions were the a la carte restaurants, other than Capers and Spice. We had a wonderful dinner at those two. The entertainment was also not very good and the spa needs help but the treatments were fine. They were my biggest complaints.

The beach is one of the largest and prettiest I have vacationed on, the pool is small but adequate and I just loved the large amount of palm trees that seemed to be everywhere.

The rooms were nice but far from the best we have stayed at (The swim out pool suite at Paridisus Palma Real, the beach view suite at Valentin Imperial Maya and the private pool beach suite at Secrets Silver Sands).

However what I probably liked the most was the two buffets we visited at least once or twice daily, which is rare because I’m not a huge buffet fan. The food was surprisingly good, always fresh and always something new. There were plenty of choices and they weren’t the leftovers from dinner the evening before converted into something new on the breakfast bar, it was all new fresh and appetizing every time! While we stayed at Secrets, after tennis every morning we would visit the Carnival Buffet on the Now Larimar side, it was the larger of the two buffets and there we met Modesto, Miguel and their manager Jose. They treated us literally like family, had a table waiting for us every morning and we never stood in line for the hostess, she too knew we were to sit in their section. Every morning we were greeted with three large smiles, hugs for my wife and a handshake for me. They found us large coffee cups every day and had them waiting since we are coffee fans and always had fresh hot coffee ready and waiting for us. They were wonderful, personable and very attentive. If you go to this resort please look them up, I’m sure they will take good care of you.

Generally, I liked the resort, what I liked most were the 12 others we traveled with, we always have a good time together but I wouldn’t rate this Secrets as high as I would rate the other two we have stayed at. While when combined with Now Larimar it was larger than either Silver Sands and nearly the same size as Wild Orchid & St. James, I just liked the feel those two had more than this one but I still would recommend this resort. This was still one of the better resorts we have stayed at in PC.

Room Tip: Go swim out or beach front if you can.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
7  Thank frannieG

Dear frannieG:
Thank you for your time and effort writing a review about your vacation experience at our beautiful Secrets Royal Beach hotel.
We are truly delighted to read that our service team, our location, your room and your experience all together exceeded your expectations. Comments like yours are a true inspiration to our continued pursuit of excellence in everything we do. We will look forward to welcoming you back, hopefully in the not far future.
Kind Regards,