11,372 results
All reviews seaside grill entertainment team eddie murphy la riviera preferred club milky way bao the lazy river pool juan manuel pool bar big papi our honeymoon swim up room preferred pool spaghetti unlimited vacation club tropical view
Reviewed 22 June 2018

If I were able to rate this resort beyond excellent I certainly would. From the time we and another couple arrived until we left, the experience was unbelievable! Every single staff member went out of their way to make our stay truly memorable. The property is extremely well maintained. It would be difficult to choose which restaurant we liked the best, the food was that good. We especially liked that we chose the adults only option and were not bothered by family issues. What a great vacation!

Room Tip: We had the tropical view which faced a lovely courtyard on the first floor.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank RichardS4020
Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

My mother and I visited Secerts Royal Resort in Punta Cana for her birthday. We really enjoyed the whole experience. The whole resort was very clean and you could tell they work hard to keep it that way. Marcelo our Butler and the rest of the staff were always very friendly and helpful. The resort is huge and it’s very easy to get lost or turn around, but there are security and staff all of the grounds that will help guide you in the right directions. Marcelo helped make my Mom’s birthday special by decorating our room with rose petal that spell out happy birthday on the bed and by hanging birthday balloons around our room. He also had a bottle of champagne and a birthday cake sent to our room to help us celebrate her birthday. We would definitely go back to this resort in the future for vacation.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank victoriavitt
Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

I’ve been able to visit a few Secrets properties and really looked forward to this Royal Beach vacation. Here’s the short version: the rooms are well done, not extravagant. We had no issues/problems with air conditioning or leaks or things of that nature as I’ve read from others. The rooms are slightly dated but still present well and pretty large, housekeeping was fantastic. And that leads to the next point- what makes this place (and likely all of Punta Cana) special were the staff. Front desk, bartenders, security, etc all are extremely hospitable and doing their best to make sure all guests feel welcome and having a good time.
I read reviews about food concerns, but not a real issue. Yes, some things may taste different from what you are used to (or like) but you’re in a foreign country. And yes, portions are small, but that’s not a real drawback at an all inclusive. There have also been posts about lower tier alcohol, and I noticed some drinks weren’t very strong but the bartenders very happy to fix that if mentioned.
The biggest concern I had was the fact that the seaweed issue is out of control and the beaches not only overwhelmed, but their beauty is lost as a result. What normally (I’m told by the locals) would be clear blue waters over a white beach is instead yards of seaweed which extends into the murky brown ocean. Is this the fault of Secrets? Absolutely not- it impacts all of the Punta Cana resorts equally. But the knowledgeable TripAdvisor consumer needs to know that it’s not only there, it smells bad and the tractors and trucks on the beach attempting to remove it simply can’t keep up and present their own noise/diesel fume issues.
That having been said, if you’re content poolside (or in the pool all day) then you’re likely to have an enjoyable time. Personally I’m a beach buff and although I read of the seaweed, it had been downplayed (in my opinion) even by the travel agents. And considering the cost for venturing to a resort like this, someone has to peel back the curtain and report how it actually is.
I would love to return to Punta Cana when this natural phenomenon ceases to be (and again, it is not the fault of Secrets but rather an anomaly of nature) and there’s a good chance I’d consider this property again. But unless you get a great travel package/deal, beware what you’ll find.

If you go to Secrets Royal Beach, at least you’ll be greeted with a pleasant smile, friendly service and accommodations that won’t disappoint, but if you’ve got visions of beautiful water other than a pool, you’ll want to consider another destination (and I’ll look very forward to when I can read someone advise that the beautiful clear waters have returned).

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
14  Thank aintlifeabeach
Reviewed 20 June 2018

Room was nice and clean. Pools were clean and uncrowded, at least in the middle of June. Lots of seaweed on the beaches although the resort tried to keep it off all day, every day of our stay by having tractors move it off the beach. But it never went away. Food was not what we have experienced at other Secrets resorts. The steak was tough and fatty. The seafood was undercooked and/or not fresh (you have to be kidding considering we are on the beach). The Italian restaurant was very tasty. The buffet was average and not a lot of variety. Breakfast buffet was about right.

Room Tip: Very few ocean view rooms. This was an older resort and it is built horizontal to the beach.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kirk W
Reviewed 20 June 2018

Our friends vacationed at Secrets a few months ago. They advised us to go and promised the best vacation of our Summer! It was all that...and Marcello, our butler was the best part of the service! We stayed in the Preferred suites and from check in to check out, everything was incredible.
While the food wasn't exceptional, the entertainment and wonderful staff made it worth the price of admission.
We are going to make it annual!

Room Tip: The preferred suites are incredible.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple