“Great place to stay!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Geel, Belgium
“Great place to stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2011

This was our first stay in The Reserve, but hopefully not the last. We felt welcome and comfortable by all members of the staff, the food and drinks were great. It was not too busy, but that made the experience maybe even better.

Room Tip: One Bedroom suites in The Reserve are spacious, modern and well equipped.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,432)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Staten Island, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2011

Felix Sanchez was an excellent bartender and very sweet. Made an excellent pina colada, the best one i ever drank. He took his time each time I asked for one to make it from scratch.

Newton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2011

The first time I stayed at the Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real, I tough I had been really lucky. outstanding rooms, food, activities, people, weather... well I just came back from my fifth vacation. Still outstanding. The Reserve has become my home away from home. It is my summer house during the winter.
The kids club is by far the best I've seen. The restaurants and the quality of the food are unbelievable for the "all inclusive fee". Besides the VIP treatment, going to Palma Real and enjoying the many activities makes a vacation outstanding. I've done the bubble certificate (diving), Horseback riding, the doom bogies, snorkeling, as well as relaxed by the pool and by the beach!!!
The circus show is such an experience. Its like a mini Cirque de Soleil over dinner. Outstanding!!! By now, I have made friends you shpould be talking to when going there.... Luiza carmin at the spa (she will tell you all the best treatments ever...), Luiz (el cubano).... ask for banana mamas and pina coladas. Bernardo and the entrance.... knows everything!!!
If you want one of a kind experience.....go to The reserve at paradisus Palma Real....

3 Thank appisc
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2011

My vacation at The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real was absolutely, by far the best vacation I have ever had. The beauty, the service, the kindness, attention to detail was absolutely first rate, breathtaking. There is not one suggestion I could make to improve on the experience and I will definitely return. We were traveling with my Mother, who is slightly handicapped, always we were provided with kind, gentle assistance. Never did we need to ask for assistance, helping hands were always so very respectfully offered - Unbelievable, Extraordinary. I do not wish to exclude anyone from recognition, all deserve to be recognized. However, there are a couple who really stood out. Mr. Juan Bautista, this man knows how to take care of his people. Stellar people skills, his ability to make the occassion more special is remarkable. And Mr. Jordy Jimenez, he too always so plesant and willing to make sure every want/need is filled, spetacular. I even enjoyed my timeshare meeting. Dominican cultural information was as much a part of the meeting as time share information. If you are wondering where to spend your next vacation, wonder no longer, The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real Resort is it. I want to thank my new friends for the experience of a lifetime.

1 Thank Dee C
Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2011

Absolutely first rate from the time we arrived until the day we departed. The grounds were immaculate, the rooms fantastic, and the service we received beyond compare.

We were travelling with my 17 year old daughter and my mother in-law who has suffered a stroke and has a little trouble walking.

Every step of the way there was someone offering to help "Mama" and the "Princessa". They began to feel more like family than hotel employees. I want to give special recognition to Juan Bautista at the pool, never needed to ask for anything, he was always there to make suggestions, and went out of his way to make our vacation memorable. I would recommend the resort just because of him.
We actually worked with two of the concierge staff, Dalliance Laguerre, and Jordy Jimenez, every time I saw them, they asked if there was anything that could be done to help(reservations, etc), and they followed up to make sure things were right.

Dalliance even sought me out at the pool to let me know that he would be going on vacation, but that anything we needed just to let Jordy know. That to me is service that is above and beyond the norm.

I have read many of these reports, and take most of them with a grain of salt. At 58 years old I have never even considered writing a review, but the experience was so exceptional that I felt it should be shared.

Room Tip: The connecting fooms are the way to go
1 Thank Jack C
San Juan, Puerto Rico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2011

had the chance to stay at The Reserve in late June. The hotel was simply amazing, the facilities were top notch and the rooms spectacular. The only thing that was a bit of a challenge was that the smaller rooms or "corner rooms" had a weak A/C system. Although the room was cool it was not cold and you like it to be a bit cooler at night. This was not a huge issue as they changed us to a bigger room with a double a/c unit.
The food was good for an all-inclusive. What really made the hotel great for us was the service. We had the chance to meet 2 individuals that went out of their way to make our stay as pleasant as possible. One was a server called "Gregorio", if you ever go to the hotel ask for him, not only is he the funniest guy you will meet he is always there to serve you and assist with any needs, even if it is not his area he will get you the right person.
The other one was our bartender, Luis Alberto, also known as Cuba. This guy made every night special as we finished every night with a night cap at the bar and he was always there asking about our day, listening and making us feel at home. He also workes the pool bar a few days and immediately found is and brought us our drinks. this guys really made us feel at home. it is great when you have a beautiful resort and then to add to that you have a great staff!!!

Room Tip: take the bigger rooms, better AC
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank stawinski
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2011

Don't believe the negative reviews....We stayed 9/30/11 - 10/5/11 in a swim out master suite at the reserve and it was worth the extra price to have the privacy from the main hotel and the convenience of the swim out right off of our private patio. Excellent food, service, a spotless room and the friendly staff just added to the experience. Our concierge, Welchid took care of everything and was always available. There is a sales pitch but if you are up front and honest if you are not interested in this type of thing there is not a big push like at some resorts. There was no wait for the cart to the beautiful Gabi beach or main resort and I walked it a few times just to take in the beautiful perfectly manicured gardens. Thank you to all of the bartenders at the Gabi Club especially Luis "Cuba" who made the best drinks and went out of his way to make our stay most enjoyable. If you are looking for a quiet, elegant resort than this is the place for you. We can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: The Reserve has fabulous swim outs and we enjoyed the pool both during the day and at night. They a...
1 Thank traveler9955