“Beautiful Reserve!!!”

The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real
Ranked #3 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 26 July 2012

We were a family of 9 and our ages varied between 6 and 50. Being a world traveler, I am extremely particular when it comes to giving reviews.

Overall, we had an excellent time at this resort.
The resort was one of the most beautiful resorts I have ever had the pleasure of staying at. It was immaculately clean, well decorated and had very tropical grounds.

Our first hiccup at this resort was upon checking in, my sister was a given a king size bed for a family of 4 and she paid for a Master Suite and requested 2 queen beds. When my sister tried to explain that her family of 4 wasn't going to fit in a king size bed, the manager said that is why there are sofa's that turn into sofa beds that can be pulled out nightly for her children. She was not happy with that being that she paid for a Master Suite and they should have given her a room with two queen beds knowing there were 4 people staying in that room. She ended up settling for that room because we had a total of 4 rooms for our group and if she wanted to wait for a different type room that would have meant that she would have been a few buildings down from our entire group. The nieces said the pull out sofa beds were not particularly comfortable.

There were staff members that truly stood out on this trip: Luis E. Rodriguez, Adalberto Jemenez, Juan (at Gabi breakfast), Paguero, Wilkin, Deivi Cueto and Juan Batista were all stars! They went above and beyond to make us feel special, attended to our every need and just made us feel like we had known them forever. They made our time at breakfast, lunch or dinner and the pool so pleasurable! Especially, Luis E. Rodriguez, he was a true gem! He went out of his way to get my daughter, very picky eater, mac and cheese even though they were not serving it for lunch. Louis was our waiter at Gabi for breakfast and then again he was our waiter at dinner at Mizu. He takes pride in his job and is eager to please. What a hard working gentleman!!! Just cannot say enough about these about all the above mentioned waiters and I hope they are well taken care of because these men are dedicated to their jobs and truly represented this hotel with the highest standard of professionalism!

The food and drinks were mediocre. Drinks were always made too strong. The two top restaurants for us were Mizu (Hibachi) and Vento (Italian). Ironically, The Hydro Grill, which was the poolside Grill, was one of our best meals. There was a chef that would create some phenomenal off the menu items and serve them occasionally on platters to all the pool guests. One day he made fantastic steak shish kabobs that were just mouth watering. They should put some of his specialty items on the menu. What a treat!

The rooms were very spacious and well appointed! Very clean and well decorated.

One of the down sides to our stay was at times, the language barrier. Housekeeping and many of the staff did not understand or speak English very well. It made communicating a challenge at times. Especially felt bad when ordering drinks or food items and they understand you wrong and would bring out the wrong items, only to have to redo the order. My brother in law was with us and he speaks fluent spanish and that helped a lot when he was around.

On the Palma Real Side of the hotel, the night life was great! We enjoyed going over to that side of the hotel where there was a vegas type vibe going on every evening. Music and colored Spot lights would roam the center corridore and highlight the grandiose columns and lounge areas. Great little gift shop. The casino was disappointing.

The pool at the Reserve was very quiet and spacious and there was a swim up bar with beverage service only. They could have used someone to truly be assigned to the swim up bar as we experienced nobody really standing there ready to serve. We would have to look for someone to come around or call up to someone to get service at the swim up bar. It could have been more lively with some fun music but there was none. The grounds around the pool were superb with plush lounge chairs and many cool Huts all around the sitting areas and fun little dome shaped huts for added privacy and comfort. The Palma Real side of the pool was much more crowded, lively but lacked the plush chairs and such that the Reserve offered. However, I would say that the Palma Real side pool had a few attributes that were really appealing and wished that they had the on our Reserve pool. For instance the Huts in the water were a nice touch and a great escape from the scorching sun.

The beach was one of the most beautifully appointed beaches I have ever scene. There were a multitude of thatched huts, lounge beds with beautiful white drapes that gave you an instant sense of tranquility and at night, the beds had neon pink lights that would glow along the sand floor, so breathtaking! The down side to the beach which was a huge disappointment for us, was the amount of seaweed that lined the ocean. We also found the first couple hundred feet into the ocean to be cloudy and non inviting, although out in the horizon, the ocean was a piercing blue green!

Overall, we had a wonderful time and were happy to have visited Punta Cana and enjoyed the beauty of the people, the resort and the island!

3  Thank goddesstothesun
ManagementPPRL, General Manager at The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2012

Dear guest,

Allow me to express my gratefulness for selecting us to celebrate your wedding anniversary, and for sharing the impressions of your recent stay with us. Our devotedness is to provide the highest quality service level beyond our guest expectations, and it is a real pleasure to learn we were able to meet and exceed your expectations.

I hope to have the pleasure to host your next stay in the near future.

Reviewed 26 July 2012

My family and I visited last week and as soon as were checked-in, we received a knock on our door. It was our personal Butler - Ovidio. Ovidio was so attentive to our needs no matter what day or night we called. He arranged transportation, cabana and restaurant reservations, and most of all, he arranged a special Happy Birthday surpise at a Terra Restaurant for my husband. This was the highlight of our trip! The hotel room was HUGE and looked exactly as it does on the website. The beds were comfortable and the spa tub was absolutely fabulous! When we ventured off to the beach, Ovidio had already reserved a cabana for us with one condition, we needed to get there by 10 am or they would remove the reservation. While at the beach, we met two fantastic gentlemen that ensured we were never thirsty....kudos to Ramon Ramirez and the other guy's name escapes me (.... De La Santos is his last name). Mr. De La Santos would always walk over to our cabana and just utter these words, "let's do it", in that thick Dominican accent! Meaning, let's continue to drink! LOL! We loved it! Ramon was equally as entertaining and accommodating to our needs. The food beachside and poolside was good. However, I did not enjoy the food at Gabi - which was closest to our building. I'm a bit of a foodie and found it difficult to enjoy most of the restaurants at the resort. However, the staff more than made up for the bland food. No worries!

My daughter loved, loved, loved the beach, and the waves, and having food at her disposal 24-7. We sat and wanted from the cabans as people fell off banana boats and boogie boards, until we got up enough courage to try an excursion ourselves. We tried parasailing and I'm so glad we did!

All in all it was a great vacation at a great resort! I would recommend this property to my friends.

1  Thank deeinkaty
Reviewed 24 July 2012

My wife and I were on our honeymoon earlier this month and stayed at the Reserve at Paradisius Palma Real. We have been before and continue to be impressed with the quality of the facilities and the attention to detail of the customer service agents. David Mendoza, specifically comes to mind as a model employee at the Reserve. David provided excellent attention to our needs during our stay at the Reserve. He went out of his way to establish an authentic relationship with us - comfortably speaking English and Spanish based on our cues. If we wanted to practice our Spanish - he was very patient. If we wanted to speak English for the sake of convenience - he was very competent. I strongly recommend this as a first class all-inclusive resort.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

I would like to thank you for selecting us as your vacation destination. It pleases us to hear your comments about our facilities and the great service you have received from David Mendoza. I will personally pass on your compliments to him.

Once again, thank you for your valuable comments and I look forward to welcome you again at The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real Resort.

Reviewed 24 July 2012

My family and I stayed at the Reserve last week and had a great time. The food was good and the serve was wonderful. The wait staff was so sweet to my niece who is 2 years old. In particular, Hamlet Rosa, a server at the Gabi Restaurant, was especially cheerful and helpful every morning. He made it a point to give my niece a high five every day and was so sweet to her. Devri Sabino was also extremely nice. He made sure my family had a table big enough for 8 every morning and was very accommodating and pleasant.

Dear guest,

It is a real honour for me to hear your comments about our facilities and the exceptional service you have received from all our wait staff. I will personally pass on your comments to each one of them.

We await you soon at your second home, The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real.

Reviewed 24 July 2012

We went on vacation to the Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real a few weeks ago with my huge family of 30, including grandparents, grandchildren, cousins and friends. We alll had an extraordinary trip since they had entertainment for all ages.

The kids hung out all day at the beach and kid's pool, and when they were tired of the sun, would move on to the indoor kid's club. The staff at the kid's club was amazing and would entertain our kids for hours! They did crafts, sports, games and even had an outdoor playspace and bouncehouse. We were able to relax by the pool while the kids played at the kid's club!

They have so many restaurants which are all incredibly diverse. We ate great food, drank great wine and the service was great! We especially loved Adalberto Jimonez and Hamlet Rosa who were a couple of our excellent waiters.

Two other fantastic people who made this trip incredible were Isabel Gonzalez, the Hotel Manager and Genaro Gil, the Guest Relations Manager. They made sure that all 30 of us were taken care of and happy throughout our stay. They helped us with dining reservations and excursions which I'm sure is difficult with a family of 30!

The rooms were amazingly comfortable and beautifully decorated. We had all the comforts of home and more!

1  Thank Monica M

Dear Monica,

I would like to extend my gratitude for selecting us to celebrate your vacation and for sharing the impressions of your recent stay. It is a pleasure for me to hear that you had a perfect stay with us.

I feel proud and grateful for your compliments on the efforts and dedication demonstrated by Adalberto Jimenez, Hamlet Rosa, Isabel Gonzalez, and Genaro Gil. It is thanks to our excellent team that we are able to accomplish our goal - the total satisfaction of our guests. I will gladly pass on your compliments to each of them.

Once again, thank you for your comments. We will be waiting for you and your family at your second home, The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real.

Reviewed 24 July 2012

When looking for a location for our wedding we didn't even know what country or city to go to. We picked the Paradisus based on the Internet and reviews alone. It lived up to all of our expectations. Massiel and Rosa made our day amazing. Massiel was constantly contacting me and accommodating all of our needs. Rosa was at all of our events telling us what to do and where to be. They were both genuinely concerned with our happiness! It was a comfort and a relief. They even accommodated a vegetarian guest at the last minute. Everything was so beautiful and amazing. It was worth every penny!!

• Stayed: July 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real Resort for such special occasion, your wedding. We are aware that they are few important moments in life as a couple’s wedding, and I feel highly honored to have been trusted with your wedding. I will gladly pass on your compliments to Massiel and Rosa.

We are going to be more than glad be part of your wedding’s anniversary celebration.

Reviewed 23 July 2012

We visited the reserve from june 30 to july 7, 2012. The hotel is beautiful, but what stands out the most is the service. Thank you Milly, our concierge and Diane our private nanny. The kids still miss you. Thanks to Pedro Paulino and Juan Peguero from the Gabi club for the excellent mango milkshakes and putting up with the demands of a group of 11 people. Thank you Francisco Estrella for the beach chairs and never letting our drinks go dry. We'll be back next summer.

Room Tip: Mosquitos are a problem. Try to get a third floor room