“The BEST resort we have ever been to!”

The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real
Ranked #3 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 7 November 2013

We travel very often and have stayed at many All Inclusive resorts and I will say this is the BEST we have ever stayed at.
My daughter was married here last week. The wedding was planned via emails and phone calls, never having personally seen the resort. It went off without any problems. The wedding was beautiful. Everything was taken care of. The wedding planners did such a FANTASTIC job.
I'm sure my daughter will write her own review about her personal planner who was awesome..

We had 50 guests stay at the Palma Real , the bride and groom as well as us stayed at the Reserve. The check in process was quick with special thanks to Hoenny Mena. We had swim up suites which were awesome. Anything we wanted was available,
dinner reservations were made for us through our guest service coordinator, Jorge Zomilla.
Jorge was fantastic! Always prompt and happy. Actually all the staff seem to be very happy and very attentive.

The rooms at the Palma Real were beautiful as well. Cleaned, well stocked and turn down service daily.

Transportation was very easy going to and from the Reserve to the main lobby of the Palma Real. Also, a very nice easy walk which only took a few minutes. The landscaping is unbelievable. Everything groomed to perfection.

We had two babies( 1yr+) in the group that visited the kids zone daily. It is free to those who stay at the Reserve and I think those who go through the family concierge rooms. I beleive any child over 5 who stay at the resort can also use the facility. The staff there are great. The facility is so clean with cribs, toys for babies all the way up to computers for the bigger kids.

The staff of Natali-Ynes, Angel, Wanda and Nicaurys were so great.

We also took advantage of the spa facilities. The wedding party all had massages which were perfect the morning of the wedding. The wellness spa is a welcome retreat with very calming music and a wonderful atmosphere. We can't say enough about the spa. Marlene coordinated all the treatments with a smile. Also the gym and the yoga classes with Edison under a palm hut were great.

The bars and restaurants, and buffets served such delicious foods. Ramon Fueigo, one of the bar staff is so fun and happy and very talented. He was the best! Also Luis Diaz can pour a great drink.
No one got tired or bored with a wide variety of choices of food or drink. The only restaurant which left a cold atmosphere was Aqua. Stark, white and chrome decorated the space but the food was perfect.

I really can't say enough about the resort. It was perfect from start to finish. I would highly recommend it and we will be going back.

Room Tip: Swim up suite is perfect
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Rafael T, General Manager at The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Dear guest,

We appreciate your comments regarding your stay at The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I am delighted to hear about your satisfaction with the excellent service provided by Hoenny, Jorge, Natali, Ynes, Angel, Wanda, Nicaurys, Marlene, Ramon and Luis.

I look forward to have the opportunity to host you again soon at this, your second home.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

Went to Paradisus resort in Punta Cana with my two kids ages 1 and 4 for a wedding. The resort was beautiful including the rooms. The pool was amazing and the property was well kept. The bride looked beautiful on the beach with the ocean as her background but it seemed unorganized and confusing to me and other guest. The food for the wedding was dry and lacked taste. The wedding coordinators seemed rude and were not accommodating to many request we had. As for the waiters at the wedding they were a lot of fun and had my children laughing. The entertainment at the wedding was fun, everyone was dancing. It was a great time! As for the food at the buffet and the restaurants on the property, it was much better. The fresh fish and fresh fruits were delicious. The staff at the buffet seemed hard to understand and never came back with the drinks or (with the wrong ones) ordered (frustrating). Except for Anthony, every single time we ran in to him he remembered us and was outgoing and fun! I went to Yhi Spa and had a nice experience. Again, it was hard to understand what they were saying but still relaxing. After our massage Angela Razmon helped us and she was great. She always had a smile! I was surprised but, the one thing that really made this experience great was how nice everyone was to my children. People may have not said Hi to me but, EVERYONE said Hi to my kids. They spoke to them in Spanish and English. One gentleman at the pool bar Ramon Fuego was THE BEST. My 4 year old son had a blast with him. He would give him drinks but would dance with it on his head first. He made my son smile and laugh. When we would go outside to the pool my son would look for him to say hi! We even took a picture of my son and him together. The family joke is how my son ordered at the pool bar. My family and I had a VERY nice time. We were happy to see a lovely couple’s ceremony in such a beautiful place.

Room Tip: We had a basic room and it was very nice. The upgraded rooms were suites with kitches (great for fa...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Anonymous112013
Reviewed 3 November 2013

This was our 1st trip to the DR and used the reviews to guide us on which property to book with for our trip Oct 19 - 26th. Given some of the variance in reports you just can't be sure, and while others have experienced what they experienced, ours was excellent. We can't say enough about how friendly and helpful Angela Mercedes was. She was the hostess at in mornings at breakfast and was also working the two restaurants at the Reserve at night. She always greeted us with a smile and helped get us in Aqua when we couldn't through the normal reservation process. Also Roberto De Leon was one of the most friendly and personable staff members at the Reserve. I loved talking baseball with him and his smile made you feel that he truly enjoyed being part of the service team, which makes us as guests feel very comfortable. He worked both the morning at the Buffet and was also our server the night we ate at Aqua.
Our room was the standard 2 room suite on the second floor, overlooking the pool. We saw no reason to upgrade given we spent most days at the beach, and the room was huge, clean, and very comfortable. We had no issues with any of the mini-bar items being replenished daily as I had read in other reports.
Now on to the beach - Francisco Estrella was our beach attendant, and since we wanted to chill as much as possible, we were down early and were always able to get a hut in the 1st row thanks to him. Francisco was very attentive and was always there to take our drink orders. A tip - bring an insulated cup or purchase one there as the ice melts very quickly so your drinks don't get watered down. Maybe this is one reason why others believe the liquor is watered down, maybe, but having your ice melt quickly does nothing to help. The beach did have a lot of seaweed the first couple of days, but there is not much that can be done with mother nature governing this. It did clear up later in the week and even with the seaweed it did not dampen our ability to enjoy the beach or water.
Now on to the restaurants - truthfully we did not have one bad meal. We ate at every one except Passion which costs extra and Mole the Mexican restaurant. Our favorite being the meal we had at Aqua. Even Naos - the main buffet at Paradisus had a great variety every day. We would take a break from the beach and have a little something for lunch. We especially enjoyed their fresh fish which they would grill as your ordered it.
We also wanted to recognize the hostess at Market Grill and Vento (sorry we did get her name). She was always friendly, smiling, and joking with us as we saw her throughout the trip. Also Fausto who was our server a couple of times was personable and friendly and Genivel Mauricio who was our server our first night at Gabi Beach, started the trip off perfectly with his attentiveness and friendly personality.
The only items we saw any fault with were that we had a tough time to get change of even a $5 bill and had to wait for the casino to open to get change. Speaking of the casino, it was small with many non-working slots, and if this is a factor for anyone, then be aware.
In closing, all in all this was one of the most relaxing vacations we had, and we can attribute a good portion of that to the wonderful employees at the Reserve and at Paridisus.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank djmrr2
Rafael T, General Manager at The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Dear guest,

In The Reserve we have a strong commitment to provide quality service beyond our guests expectations, and it is a real pleasure for us to learn that we have achieved our goal.

Please allow to express you my gratitude for your compliments on the efforts and dedication demonstrated by our staff.

Thank you for preferring The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real and we look forward to welcome you in the near future.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

This is a late review .. we stayed for 1 week in February 2013 and it was wonderful. The resort is so relaxing and it is a very large complex with many private areas. There are numerous comfy lounging options - no need to get up early to find a spot - it is totally unnecessary. There have many beds and options to be in the shade or sun. This is a totally chill resort and the service is excellent. The beach is also wonderful and again, finding a place to sit in the sun or shade is easy. The food was excellent in the reserve, however, we would not recommend eating in the sister facility. Toward the end of our visit I was sick with the flu and the staff were very helpful in making sure I have extra comforters etc.. We have also stayed with our entire family (5 boys) at the reserva punta cana. This was nice as well but a little more active than the palma real. You can't go wrong with this resort and will definetly return.

Room Tip: I don't think you can really get a bad room ... all rooms are far from beach but a quick walk or...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank cincymom5
Rafael T, General Manager at The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for selecting The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real as your vacation destination in Dominican Republic. It pleases me to know that we fulfilled your expectations.

I am sure I will have the pleasure to host your stay in the near future.

Best regards,

Reviewed 30 October 2013

We went here for a day trip on Oct 29th. On the phone they told us the rate was $95, when we got there the rate was $120. The staff was rude, dishonest, including the manager we spoke with. The food was mediocre, quantities and choice was limited, the drinks were terrible and had the cheapest liquor. The bartender did not know how to make a mojito. The staff looked miserable and it showed in their attitude in all parts of yhe resort. We went here, inspite of the inflated price because this resort was rated #2, but it does not deserve the high rating at all. I have never before posted a negative review, but this place is so bad that I had to.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
40  Thank SunshineMum
Reviewed 29 October 2013

We have been traveling to the Dominican Republic for many years now, and we have found our 2nd home at the Parasdisus Palma Real Reserve. As I told Isabel Gonzalez, the hotel Manager, you can travel the world and find many wonderful resorts with beautiful beaches and wonderful food and beautiful rooms, and this resort has all of that, but what we keep coming back because of the people. The staff at the Reserve is the best in the world, we have traveled alot in our time but the service here compares to no other. THE BEST.
While we were there this time my wife and I were celebrating our 25th anniversary. and what a treat it was, we were escorted to a private table for 2 next to the beach with our private menu and our own server, the table was covered with flowers, We drank champagne and ate wonderful food. They made our special occassion even more special.
Every employee at the resort was wonderful and i'll mention a few that stood out, Felix at the bar makes great drinks and took care of us daily. Martin took care of all of our dinning needs Agua and Gabi and when we needed reservations elsewhere he took care of those also .Santos at Gabi Beach and our wonderful hostess every night I wish I could remember all of there names but there were so many outstanding employees I can't name them all.
We will be back a few times next year and for years to come. They do it RIGHT at the Paradisus Palma Real Reserve. Thank You Isabel

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank kennedynpl

Dear guest,

I feel highly honored to have been trusted to celebrate your 25th anniversary. I am happy to know that you have appreciated the warmth and dedication of some of our staff members. I have passed on your comments to each one of them.

I look forward to have the pleasure to welcome you again at your second home, The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real Resort.

Best regards,

Reviewed 28 October 2013

This was my first trip to The Reserve in Punta Cana and hopefully not my last. From the moment we left the airport until the moment we returned to the airport, the location, staff and service was excellent. The resort is extremely well maintained, the rooms are extremely clean, the staff went way beyond my expectations and the food was equally spectacular.

The Reserve is not located right on the beach, but rather about a 10-15 minute walk away. They offer rides to the beach area and we never had to wait to get the shuttle. Staying at The Reserve and using the pool and the facilities at the Reserve was great as you got away from the beach activity. I would recommend The Reserve to anyone

I would highly recommend taking the zip line excursion not only for the zip line experience but you get to see a bit of the country. However, the tour company told us it was a 45 minute trip but actually it took four hours round trip. That was still ok because we had a great guide who explained a bit about the country and its customs.

Want to give a special thanks for the following employees who went way beyond what we ever expected:

Sulenny Gill - Reception
Julio Alberto Flores, Jairo Pacheco, Adenowell Perez and Raphael - Wait Staff at the Reserve
Julian Caberra - was always there when you needed a drink poolside
Yohei Valera and Fausto - Wait Staff at the Paradisus

In reading some other reviews, noticed that people had problems with Wi-Fi. I checked work e-mails from my Iphone both from the room as well as from the restaurants and never had any issues at all. Worked perfectly and was very fast. Other members of my party used the computers in the reception area and they worked equally as well.

Bottom Line - The Reserve exceeded all expectations and I would highly recommend staying at The Reserve.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends