“Just perfect :)”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Wien
“Just perfect :)”
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Our stay at The Reserve in Paradisus Punta Cana was a magic.
Every thing was greath! The food was A+!
The pools and the beach are icradable. The stuff is really kind.
Special thanks to Sandra and Silvio :)

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Windride

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,503)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

Genaro Gil,
Excellent, Guest service manager
Worked well with our group in resolving problems. Took care of us and there were no other concerns. Genaro was great, I will make plans to return because of his help.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Rafael T, General Manager at The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Dear guest,

I would like to express my gratitude for sharing your impressions about your recent stay.

I feel proud and grateful for your comments regarding Genaro Gil, since it is thanks to our excellent team that we are able to accomplish our goal - the total satisfaction of our guests.

Please consider The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real as your second home in Punta Cana and we will be anxiously expecting your next visit.

Best regards,

Reviewed 15 November 2013

Hello lovely ones,

You are one of the BEST in the world. Your staff is SO AMAZING!!!! Biggest smiles ever, attending us so well. My suit was fabulous... 7 star resort, I have to say. The pools, the bungalows, the beach, the food. I am a food photographers and Chocolatier, really loved your cuisine. So yes, I really recommend your place. LOVE IT!!! Best thing ever in Punta Cana! Worth every penny, especially for the people you as part of your STAFF. Every driver, every concierge person, ever reception lady or gentelman, they were fabulous. Congrats!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Daiana R
Rafael T, General Manager at The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Dear Daiana,

I am very pleased to know that you had a wonderful vacation with us and it is a real honor for me to hear your comments about the exceptional service you have received from some staff members.

The Paradise waits for you!

Pittsburgh
Reviewed 15 November 2013

My husband, son (age 7), daughter (age 6), and myself spent 6 nights here. We had a wonderful time and will definitely be returning. Before we go on any vacation, I pretty much stalk trip advisor to find the best place for us. After reading the reviews, I was convinced The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real was for us and I was not disappointed. As with all vacations, you are going to run into issues, but what impressed me was the way the issues were handled. FYI we got a taxi from the airport. Do not try to let someone near baggage claim arrange a taxi for you as they quote you a higher price and pocket the difference. The taxi rate from the airport to the Reserve is $30 plus tip. It is written on the fare card. At check in, we were offered an upgrade for $$$. The person at the front desk took 45 min explaining the different options and price differences and while we were deciding said "actually, there are no upgrades available". I was furious because after traveling for 9 hours, we wanted to start our vacation and then to have our time wasted was very frustrating. Marlenia Belliard from guest services and was assigned to take us up to our room. When I asked to speak to a manager, Lara came up and told us that they found an upgraded room which would be ready in 30 min. They let us relax in our original room until the new room was ready. Marlenia began telling us about the restaurant options and I nearly bit her head off when she told us the mexican restaurant was not open. Nowhere on tripadvisor or the melia website, etc... did it say the mexican restaurant was closed. I should note that my family and I are vegetarian so mexican is always a great option for us. Marlenia was so sweet and said if you want mexican, you can eat mexican. She arranged for the chef at Gabi to make my family and I a HUGE mexican spread. It was delicious and much appreciated. Marlenia took it upon herself to arrange our meals at different restaurants every night. She made sure the restaurants knew we were vegetarian and there was enough of a selection at each restaurant. One of our biggest pet peeves is the 4 of us going to a restaurant and all having to eat the same dish. This was never the case thanks to Marlenia. The resort was not completely full which we loved. We felt like it was our private resort many of the times. One annoyance was that the Kids Club is in the Reserve so parents from the main resort would drop their kids off and then just stay at the Reserve. I heard them say a couple of times "We dropped our kids off and snuck in here" all the while taking up the best loungers and beds near the pool. I'm not sure how they can control that, but clearly the patrons of the Reserve are paying more. It was very easy to get from the Reserve to the main resort which we did at least once or twice a day. The beach definitely has a lot of seaweed but my kids enjoyed making sandcastles so we still had a wonderful time. I loved that the Reserve members had a separate area on the beach. We never felt we were fighting for chairs, but I'm not sure how this would be in peak season. The service at both the main resort and the Reserve was amazing. We were not able to do snorkeling any day, but that was the fault of mother nature as the water was too rough. Next time for sure. We took tennis lessons with both Carlos and Andy which were fabulous. They always had a smile on their face and were encouraging. The Spa is really nice...make sure you dont miss it. The evening/night at the main resort way more lively than the Reserve. We went every night and it was no big deal that the kids were with us. At all the bars, they will make special drinks for the kids. Staying at the Reserve is great because you can get the best of both worlds. But I will say, the staff at the Reserve goes above and beyond. We always made a point to tip a couple of dollars here and there and it was very much appreciated. Plus...you actually wanted to because of the outstanding service. The night before we left, Marlenia had prepared a bubble bath in the outdoor jacuzzi complete with balloons for my kids. They were ECSTATIC. Again....above and beyond. We will definitely be returning.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Pittraveller
Rafael T, General Manager at The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Dear guest,

Foremost, I would like to thank you for having chosen The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real as your vacation destination.

Glad to hear that you were pampered by Marlenia with her attentions during your stay. Also I'm glad to know that Lara went the extra mile by giving prompt solution to the situation with the upgrade.

I appreciate the time you took to share your experience and you may rest assured that I took a good note of your observations.

I hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 14 November 2013 via mobile

Great place , our family had a great time, excellent service most of the time above expectations, food was excellent at The Reserve not so good at the Asian restaurant at the Palma Real, a special Thames to Carlos Bell Boy at the RESERVE and Claribel at the Romance office, great job I'm customer service, would go back in an instant. Cook at Lunch Reserve a bit testy on special requests otherwise excellent

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Dear guest,

We are glad to know that we have surpassed your expectations and thank you for your recognition on the excellent service and attentiveness provided by Carlos and Claribel.

Your comments are greatly appreciated and I sincerely hope to have the pleasure to hosting you again at this your home in Punta Cana.

Paradisus Resort Punta Cana
Canton, Michigan
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Me and my husband stayed November 1-8 of this year. This is our 2nd time to Punta Cana as we stayed at the Barceló Bavaro Palace Deluxe last year and it was also amazing. So every resort is going to have its pros and cons so I will break it down. Upon arrival it was only about 25 minutes away from the Punta Cana airport. Once you drive up to the reserve you are greeted by the wonderful staff who greet you with a cold towel and escort you to the check in that was very easy and inviting. We were upgraded to a first floor suite with private patio that was so private and loved it for the week we stayed. The room was cleaned twice a day and refrigerator stocked daily with what we needed. Our bed was turned down for the night for us every night with a nice clean room and fresh towels. The housekeeping was great and we enjoyed it twice daily. We tipped everyday for this as I have a cleaning business and appreciate the hard work of these workers. The reserve was not busy when we went it felt almost like we were on vacation by ourselves and we enjoyed the quite time as that's all we wanted to do was relax. We laid out around the pool everyday and it was peaceful. We didn't have a hard time getting a shuttle to the main resort when we wanted to go and the ride was always fun with the drivers. They were so happy to transport you and very talkative. We speak just a few words of Spanish and the workers spoke very good English at this resort but they appreciate the Spanish words if you try. We never mind brushing up on ours and learning more words for our future trips. The food was good but we though Barceló had better and the buffets were more smaller so that was a disappointment but it could have been because of slow season so don't let it detour you from staying here. We enjoyed the extra restaurants that came with upgrading to the reserve and the quite spot on the beach just for the reserve guest. We were served with our drinks on the beach and loved it. Our concierge was Dalmy and she was great!! She made all our reservations for us and was always wanting to please us and make sure we were having a nice time. We did do the timeshare meeting just so she could receive her commission for it but we knew it was not for us but it was a rainy day so what the heck. If you are not interested in anything like that then just say you are not interested and go on with your vacation. The grounds are absolutely beautiful and so is the resort. I would have to give it 5 stars as everything was perfect. The staff was simply amazing and make it there priority that you are happy with every aspect of your trip. We will definitely return to the reserve. We had an amazing trip and loved everyone there. One thing I will say is please always tip! We noticed many people didn't do this and they really do deserve the $ as they go above and beyond to serve you. We always tip usually 1-2 $ "s at breakfast and lunch and usually $5 at dinner. Thanks so much to the Reserve and Palma Real staff for wonderful service and making our anniversary trip amazing. Hope to see you again!

Room Tip: First floor with private patio was beautiful. There are a lot of mosquitos so bring spray.