The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real
US$230
US$639
Iberostar.com
  • Breakfast included
Paradisus Punta Cana Resort(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$375
US$287
US$553
Bookit.com
US$291
US$255
US$907
Bookit.com
The Westin Puntacana Resort & Club(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$280
US$210
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$408
US$344
  • Breakfast included
Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$462
TripAdvisor
US$484
US$463
TripAdvisor
7,839 results
All reviewsfamily conciergekids zonehydro grillgabi clubmain resortdinner reservationscarlos penagabi beachangela mercedesprivate gardenbedroom master suitereal resortblue agavepersonal conciergeyhi spafamily vacationgolf cart
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 November 2013

2 years ago we discovered this coastal paradise and were very impressed, not only with the beauty of the resort but also the pleasent people who worked so hard to make our 2 weeks the most unforgettable we had experience until that time. I actually wrote a reveiw that expressed my inner thoughts about our rooom, the food, entertainment and especially the people. Both my husband and I felt that we could never duplicate that experience. To my pleasent suprise we were proved wrong. This year we again had the opportunity to spend 2 weeks in this same resort and actually were even more impressed. Because the staff and especially the managers takes very seriously all the reveiws that are posted, good and bad. they have made changes that have made the resort even better. The food quality and taste has improved and extra effort is made to make the food look beautiful even in the buffet!! Of course the staff is always on hand to make your day as perfect as they can. Some that I can't help but mention are Marina and her staff at the family consierge. I didn't even have to worry about dinner reservations they did everythinng for us. When we returned from the exquisite anniversary dinner they arranged we were surprised to find a bottle of champainge and chocolates in our room along with a bubble bath sprinkled with rose peddle bringing a lovely evening to a perfect end.
Another unforgettable individual was Juan-Carlos Medrano, our guy on the beach. Provider off refreshments and also a very patient and sympathetic teacher as he corrected me while I torchured him with my attempts to speak spanish. Many thanks to the guards who kept the sales people and excursion people at bay. THANK YOU
We also made sure we never missed the manager party put on by the resort every wednesday at 5 pm. What a great opportunity to get to know all the people who make the resort what it is. Isabel, You are amazing. Your staff is the best. Keep up the good work. I hope to see you again next year.

Dennis and Lucy.

Room Tip: We loved our first floor room because we had our own back yard but if you prefer across the hall the suites had a smaller yard but private access to the pool and a in pool bed.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Rafael T, General Manager at The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2013

Dear Dennis and Lucy,

Thank you for taking some of your valuable time to post a review and for sharing your comments with us.

I would like to thank you for your kind compliments toward Marina, Juan Carlos and Isabel. It is thanks to our excellent team that we are able to accomplish our goal - the total satisfaction of our guests.

Reviewed 27 November 2013

One word - wow!

First impression: As soon as we walked into the resort I was impressed with the decor and style. The lobby was very modern and chic and the check in service was professional and quick. Then we saw our room - double wow! Lots of room with a seperate living / dining area and balcony, not to mention extremely clean!

Great for toddlers: We went with a toddler and spent a lot of time in the kids pool and play areas. There was no shortage of toys and activities and she enjoyed it all! The pool was big enough to fit a lot of kids and parents and it was never overcrowded.

Service: The staff was extremely professional, friendly, and attentive. The resort was very clean. I am afraid of bugs and crawly things but I didn't see one in the room.

Entertainment: With a toddler we didn't see a lot of the entertainment after 9:30pm but we did see the previews of the fire show and Michael Jackson impersonator which looked awesome!

The not so good: The only thing that annoyed us was the 1:30am fireworks show which was very loud and woke us up. Other than that this resort was amazing!

Final words: If you are travelling with kids, this is the resort to stay at. Its a 20 minute drive from the airport and your kids will love it! Even if you don't have kids I would still recommend it!

• Stayed: November 2013

Dear guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for your preference in selecting our hotel as the place to spend your recent holidays as well as for having shared your impression with future travelers.

It will be always a pleasure to welcome you back to Paradise.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

From the moment we landed to the day we left I couldn't have asked for a more relaxing vacation. We arrived on Nov 10th and left on the 19th. As we arrived at the hotel I was amazed at the landscaping that surrounded the area. We were given a nice frozen cocktail as we quickly checked in. They made dinner reservations for us for vento that night. Our concierge Dalmya was exceptional. She did whatever we asked. From making dinner reservations to setting us up with excursions. We booked the most basic one bedroom suite they had. It was more than I expected. Although next time I'd choose the swim up room. They have their own private cabanas but at the time we went there was never an issue getting a cabana anywhere, including the private reserve part of the beach. The pool area in the reserve has 3 parts. Kids pool,main pool and the pools by the rooms. The main pool was pretty cool ,it has a swim up bar and the market grill for food. The pools by the rooms is where I spent my most time due to the fact that it was very quiet and nobody was around. The food was decent but not great which is why I only gave 4 stars. That includes all the restaurants excluding passion which we didn't go to . Bana was our favorite restaurant. The drinks were ok. Nothing great. Very very weak but it allows you to keep going all day and night if needed. The one thing that irked me a bit was that no bars had any drink lists that we could see. So you had to have your normal back home drinks or just look around and say "what are they drinking?, I'll have that". Now onto the night life. If you're young, go elsewhere . I didn't go to this resort for the nightlife but when I wanted it,it wasn't there. Lame. I was ok with it though considering we were wiped out by 11 every night anyways. The shows were mediocre. The gabi clubs didn't have any beat or groove like they say. This resort is a relaxing all inclusive. I purposely didn't book the hard rock because I wanted a RELAXING vacation and I got exactly what I wanted. The spa was amazing. I took advantage of the free water rituals everyday . On our last few days the president of the Dominican Republic stayed in the rooms next to us. The resort and rooms are that nice. Presidents stay here. So don't hesitate to book here. It's well worth it and I'll be back eventually.

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms in the reserve.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank PCOVE37
Reviewed 24 November 2013

After a long but uneventful flight from Calgary with Air Transat, arrived at Punta Cana Airport, where immigration and baggage retrieval was efficient and took about a half hour. It’s nice to have the $15 landing card handed out aboard the flight. Air Transat was chosen ‘Best Vacation Airline’ by Skytrax and it showed: Aircraft was modern with good in-flight entertainment and courteous staff.
A quick taxi ride to the hotel ($30) allowed us to arrive in plenty of time for a late dinner, this being much preferable to the scheduled bus transfer.
The reception for the Reserve is separate from the one at the main Paradisus Palma Real, so be sure this is where you are dropped off.
We stayed at the Reserve before (January 2010) so we were quite familiar with the rooms and features of the resort. The current $1500 credit given to guests staying one week or more, allowed us to apply a $400 credit towards a room upgrade, so we elected to upgrade to a swim-up suite.
From check-in by Sara to check-out by Lara the two weeks we spent at the Reserve were as close to perfect as our holidays have ever been. We have travelled extensively and have stayed at beach resorts in Mexico, Costa Rica, Jamaica, Aruba, Maldives, Thailand, Cuba and other Dominican resorts, but this has been by far our best experience! After check-in, we proceeded to the Gabi Restaurant while our room was being prepared (due to the upgrade) and the luggage was taken to the room.
The suites are all very modern, clean and spacious and consist of a bedroom with 1 king or 2 queen beds, and a living room with pull-out couch, dining table and small kitchen. All of them have either a garden or balcony. 4 buildings are on each side of the Gabi restaurant and reception area in a half moon shape, around the pool, garden, grill, kids zone and spa.. Each building contains 24 rooms (as far as I could tell)
The garden is amazing, with secluded spots and the pool meandering throughout. The grill serves lunch and the whole resort is very child friendly.
The main building also contains the Aqua and Miso restaurants as well as a bar and entertainment area and a lounge with refreshments and Internet workstations. The rooms also have Wifi, but beware: Internet speed is slow.
The beach area is somewhat remote from the reserve, about a 10-20 minute walk, depending on location of your room. However, they have an excellent shuttle service for those who would prefer to get there faster. On the beach is the Gabi Beach Restaurant and bar which serves an excellent lunch and dinner.
Breakfast in the Gabi Restaurant offered many options buffet style, but be early if you like smoked salmon, as this is quickly snapped up by the guests. Eggs prepared on demand and a host of fruits are just some of the many options, many aimed at the younger crowd.
We chose to have all of our lunches at the Gabi Beach, as we tend to spend most of the day on the beach, but other options are available, both at the Reserve as well as at the main Palma Real building, where Reserve guests have full privileges.
Talking about restaurants: There are many restaurants with a variety of themes and we tried most of them: At the Reserve, Aqua serves modern fusion cuisine, Miso Japanese Teppanyaki (great show, especially for the young), the Hydro grill serves lunch as well as a buffet at the Gabi Restaurant, and elegant lunches and dinners at the Gabi Beach.
At the Palma Real, we tried the following:
Bana Bistro serves Asian fusion
Sushi Bar
Vento – Mediterranean cuisine
Market Grill – Grilled Meat and Seafood
Passion – High end French cuisine (extra charge)
The passion restaurant is heaed by a Spanish chef, who was garnered 6 Michelin stars and the food here is amazing, we tried the tasting menu, about 10 very small courses accompanied by 5 wines. Truly delicious and impeccable service.
The beach is spacious and there are enough chairs and palapas for all guests. Towels are freely available at the beach, so no need to drag them with you all the way from the room. There is ample opportunity to arrange for sailing or canoeing on the beach or tours and other motorized activities.
As mentioned earlier, this was our second visit, after about 3 ½ years. We loved our first visit, which was with 7 others, including a 3 year old. We were extremely pleased then, and this really influenced our decision for a return visit. What has changed? The Reserve is even better than before!
The main changes were to the entertainment and the level of service. Almost every night, there is now live music in one or two facilities: The Avenida Bar in the Palma Real and the Gabi bar in the Reserve.
The second change, and the more important one, has been the effort and training of the staff. Without exception everyone we met was friendly and genuinely interested in making sure that we had the best experience possible. This not only included administrative and restaurant staff, but also cleaning staff, gardeners, drivers etc. And although we speak a rudimentary Spanish, their knowledge of English has improved tremendously.
It is truly impossible to mention all the friendly people we met and sometimes had extensive conversations with, but here are some that didn’t escape my good but short memory:
Gabi Restaurant: Deuri, Angela Mercedes and Pedro Paulino
Gabi Beach Restaurant: Daniel, Wilson, Santo, Juan de Afa, Lilliana and Genivel Mauricio
Passion and Concierge: Laura Castillo
Sushi Bar: Jonathan Costa Bama
Avanida Bar: Sorbia
Front Desk: Sara and Lara
Of course, what also helped was that management arranged that most of the rain came during the night!

Room Tip: The swim-up rooms are amazing!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BenPon
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Loved the beautiful Palma real reserve, fantastic spa, with unusual treatments, the water ritual was great tried it twice, grounds are spotless, Isabel deserves a star for just her, service plus plus plus, can't say enough about her wonderful staff and her warm and accomadating service. Look forward to going back in a few years.

Room Tip: The ground floor suites are fantastic, very quiet, easy access to the pool areas, patios lush and beautiful with loungers, hot tubs on the patio.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jennifer L

Dear Jennifer,

It is a privilege to know you consider us a great vacation destination. This kind of comment is a great incentive to all of us.

We cannot wait to welcome you back at The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real.