“Paradisus Palma real is great” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real
Ranked #3 of 110 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersSilver level
Rochester NY
“Paradisus Palma real is great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2013

Have been to caribe tropical and paradisus punta Cana. This is head and shoulders above the other two. We'll worth the extra money. Food is very good sling with service. Much more compact so no long walks or bus rides between locations. Will be returning next year!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,395)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Maumelle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2013

This was my husband's 60th birthday present to spend time and relax with his family. What a wonderful experience. Thanks to Andy Constante our stay was the perfect vacation. He was available at a moments notice and set up a birthday party in the room to surprise my husband. We had our 7 year old granddaughter with us and he made her vacation very special by having beach toys and areas reserved at the beach and pool for the family to hangout. He took over trying to track down my sons luggage which was lost by the airlines so that my son could relax poolside with everyone instead of having to make international calls and run up charges. I'm so grateful to Andy and the staff at the Reserve who made our trip absolutely enjoyable, relaxing and memorable. All staff members were great and we also enjoyed the events director (Carlos) who got us all involved in fun activities. Recommend you ask for Andy as your family Concierge personally if you visit.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2013

My husband and I traveled to the Reserve in November with our infant daughter. Our experience was top notch! After the interesting (and hot!) experience that is the Punta Cana airport, we were relieved to be greeted at the Reserve with cool towels, fruit infused water, and a speedy check in experience! We did not do the Family Concierge, as it didn't seem to be necessary for our needs this trip, but will try it in the future when our daughter is a bit older and can benefit from the service a bit more. Had a second floor master suite, which was roomy, immaculate, and offered a wonderful, yet private, view of the pool, with a Jacuzzi on the balcony. Every staff member we encountered was courteous, friendly, and accommodating, and we never waited long for a request to be fulfilled (extra towels, a mini bar restock, a crib to be brought to the room, etc). Room was taken care of twice daily and was always done when we were away, even though we had a different schedule each day! It was so nice to always come back to a tidy, restocked room - husband joked they must be ninjas, sneaking in so quickly and timely! Everything from combs to toothbrushes and shave kits was restocked each day, in addition to normal toiletries. Traveling with a crawling infant, I'm extra cautious of public floors, so was pleased to see the floors were swept and mopped daily! Had no problem making our own dining reservations - we loved Aqua, Mizu, Vento, and Bana for dinners (repeated Bana and Aqua during our stay) had wonderful experiences at the Hydro Grill for lunches, and enjoyed the Gabi Club for breakfasts. Food was really wonderful for an all inclusive, and we are quite picky about our dining out food quality. (The only dining option we did not care for food as much at was the room service - it wasn't bad, just not great, but the presentation and timeliness of service was superb!) Drinks were wonderful - high end liquor available and never weak. While we did try the pools at the main resort (lovely main pool), but we just loved the Reserve's pool options. The arrangement of chairs and beds around the pool areas was so nice and private, as you were never sitting next to someone - clusters of two to three seats here and there really afforded an "alone" experience! While we could certainly find entertainment and people watching at all times if we wanted to, we desired a private, quiet trip and had no trouble feeling as though we were the only ones at the resort sometimes, given the peaceful layout of things! Kids pool was nice and big, and while we did not choose to leave our daughter in the kids club, we did take her in the infant room to play one day for a change of pace and were pleased to find a wide variety of toys and really friendly staff! Beach was awesome - we walked some days, took a ride others, but never waited more than five minutes for transfer at any time, day or night. Security walked the beach for this resort, which was lovely to see, and during a walk up the beach one day, my husband and I were quick to point out to each other how obvious the quality of the Palma Real is compared to other resorts once you started walking past the other hotels! Comfortable seating and lots of shade if desired too. Didn't see bar service on the beach too much, but it was no problem to walk up and get our own drinks. Beach was also very clean - lots of seaweed near the waters edge, but it was regularly being removed as best as they could, and it was SIGNIFICANTLY cleaner than beachfronts at the other neighboring resorts. We didn't take part in the evening entertainment too much because of the baby, but could hear some of the music from our balcony at night (quietly, not annoying at all) and the schedule seemed to offer a nice array of entertainment options each night. Felt really comfortable having our daughter in the restaurants and such with us in the evenings, as there were lots of families at the resort, and the staff was very accommodating (high chairs, bread baskets for my daughter, etc) at every meal :) Also have to mention that the grounds and buildings were constantly being maintained! While it was not intrusive in any way, we always saw landscape work being done, paint being refreshed, the pools being skimmed and scrubbed, etc - really nice to see them working all the time to keep the resort looking beautiful!
All in all, we loved our experience at the Reserve and are anxious to return. We are quite well traveled, and have stayed at a variety of all inclusives too. Can honestly say that the Reserve beats out all of those other all inclusive experiences, and even was better than several stays we've had at the Ritz and Four Seasons brands! I really don't think you can be disappointed choosing this resort.

4 Thank Loralee814
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013

We stayed at The Reserve with our 7 and 5 year old for just over a week during the Thanksgiving holiday. We did the Family Concierge Suite, which was definitely worth it!! When we arrived we were taken to a separate check in area and offered a cold beverage and the kids were able to watch cartoons. Our room was clean and very spacious with a separate master suite, Jacuzzi, and bathroom/shower. There was a large dining area and a Jacuzzi out on the balcony. We felt very safe during our trip. Our family concierge was Anabele Lopez. I cannot say enough good things about her!! She absolutely made our trip and the kids loved her. The mini bar was stocked with juices and milks, every night there were treats or some other surprise delivered to the room and waiting for the kids. The room had children's robes and slippers which made the kids feel special. There are many restaurants to choose from; some are on the Reserve side and the rest are at the main hotel just a short walk away or you can get a ride on the golf carts which run constantly back and forth. The food was good, not excellent, but definitely better than most all inclusive hotels. What stood out was the service at some of the restaurants. I have to mention Jose Ramos at Navado, Luis Rubio and Julio Cesar Perez at Passion, Luis de Aza at Bana, Wilkin Rosario at Aqua, Julian Cabrera at the pool and Wilson Otanez at Gabi Beach. Eating with kids is always difficult but these people went over and above to keep the kids happy and make it enjoyable for my husband and myself. No matter where we ate, there was a kids menu and many times we just asked for whatever the kids wanted if it wasn't on the menu. YHI spa and the workout facilities were great. My husband and I got a few massages and I had a facial with Wendy Castillo. It was extremely relaxing and the pools/jacuzzi after the treatments were great, especially at night. The gym has everything you need and was never too busy to use the equipment. Once thing I really liked was all the activities they offered. There was a sushi making class, a cocktail class, water zumba, pilates, tennis lessons. My husband and I did tennis lessons a few mornings and the pro was a lot of fun. One thing I didn't really expect to use so much was the Kids Zone. We thought the kids might go a few times but they wanted to go every day. Natali, Ynes, Wanda, Nicaurys, and Diana all were amazing. I was really surprised at the amount of activities they had and the professionalism of the staff - we really felt the kids were safe and taken care of. There were kids snacks, a room for napping, computers, video games, arts and crafts, and all kinds of activities outside. If the kids wanted to swim in the kids pool they could and were watched the whole time. Anabele would check on them while they were there too. My husband and I mostly relaxed by the pools, went the spa or gym or did some of the activities while the kids were at the Kids Zone. If I had to sum up our experience at the Reserve I would say it was the perfect place for the kids AND the adults. They kept busy while we got to relax and we still had plenty of time to spend together. I would definitely recommend the family concierge service.

2 Thank happinessafar
Spotswood, Nj
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013 via mobile

If you are looking for a family friendly vacation spot with the best service you've ever had then the Paradisus Palma Real (The Reserve) is the place to go. They have the best service staff you've ever met, the facility is immaculate the food was fantastic, everything there is picture perfect!

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Ashesh P
Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

We went Nov .10/13 mom, partner and toddler. The place is beautiful, can't complain about the grounds or room. I asked for main flr, got 2nd floor. Mstr suite was nice and fully stocked. 1 phone call is all it takes to pretty much get anything anytime. I really like the 'can do' attitude staff have. Just ask and you will likely receive. We were in the Reserve and if you have small children, it is the place to be. Great kids zone. They even have a mini buffet!!!My main issue was I was rather lost for a few days. The maps given and the lack of orientation was in my opinion ridiculous. I was preoccupied with the baby so 'exploring' was not so much happening- i needed to know how to get somewhere fast. Not impressed with maps or the lack of assistance finding my bearings. We had a gentleman- Ewing, he made reservations without checking times or preferences. His position is to get us to the time share speech. He couldn't have got us there if his life depended on it. Thank God for Trip Advisor. If you have more than one child, get a family conceirge (FC) because without one you will feel left out. I saw other FCs and was a bit jealous but with just 1 kid it wasnt worth it. The guys at the Aqua club are lucky I didnt freak out on them. They were rather yuck. Never told us we needed to wear tshirts. My mom was left snorkeling beside running motors- I actually thought she was going to die. the man gave me a life jacket down to my knees and i couldnt even sit with it on. I threw it to the floor of the boat in defiance. The para sail trough them was very good however!!I believe you experience what is going on inside you.be happy and positive, that is the trip you will receive. Its the law of nature. As soon as I was feeling negative BAM something would go wrong. MOST IMPORTANT MESSAGE IS TO STAY POSITIVE. Do not expect perfect English. I had 3 travel dictionaries going. My mom and I love writing notes and speaking our broken Spanish. The staff seemed amused as well. Food was ok. You should always be able to find something you like.Gabriel Dalusma @ Sunrise Thank you sweety. You cheered me up. Michelet Loase, Jesus Padua and Francisco Estrella-great service by the beach. Towel guy-u were so great.Marcos Nunez in room service-well done. Omar M and Miguel C @ Hydro grill, great food and service. Deivi Cueto, thank you.Too big a space. I dont actually like needing golf carts. With multiple children the Reserve is it.pull out couch bad and seaweed insane.

Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013

My wife and I spent our honeymoon at the reserve. This was one of the best hotel visits I have ever encountered. We had the VIP package and the concierge service was very helpful. The room was fantastic, with a master suite, jacuzzi, kitchen, dining area, living room and double shower. Our room also had a 2nd jacuzzi on the patio & our own private bungalow. The food was great. Our expectations were exceeded. We really enjoyed the Dominican Republic.

• Stayed December 2013