My wife and I just returned from a 5-night trip to The Reserve at Palma Real with our 20-month son. The hotel and staff are fantastic! It is perfectly geared towards families & couples looking to relax and indulge. Tipping goes along way at this resort. We noticed many people did not tip and it made us cringe. The staff tries very hard at what I assume is minimal wage, so please spare a few dollars and tip for service, drinks, etc. Here are the positives & negatives:
1. Fantastic grounds, big rooms, clean, great pools, tons of space to lay near pool or privately and never hard to get a private hut. Because there is both a living space (couches & tv) that is separate from the bedroom, this resort is a MUST BOOK for families with children that don't want to go to bed at 8pm and don't want a babysitter every night.
2. Much better food than expected. You can certainly tell the food is all-inclusive quality, but it's the top of the line all inclusive food that money can buy. Great steak, top shelf drinks, and more. I can't remember tasting anything that I didn't like.
3. Great service all around. Friendly and attentive waitstaff, bartenders, management, etc. We didn't encounter 1 rude person. Rooms were made up everyday and restocked with food and drink.
4. Easy access to beach. About a 4-5 minute golf card ride from Reserve to Gabi beach. Never had to wait more than 5 minutes for a golf cart (most times they were already waiting for you). Gabi Beach is very nice and special pool for Reserve guests.
5. Kids Zone was fantastic. Our 20-month son kept asking everyday to drop him with the toys. The entire staff was extremely friendly, called him by his name, and played with him. The kids pool was also fun with many activities and toys. They also have kids sand toys at the beach. Our son loved that.
6. Spa was great and you can use the facilities even if you don't get a massage. Wife got massage from Yitaly and she was awesome.
7. We didn't have any mosquitos
1. Dinner reservations are a problem. We were told numerous times that 6:30 or 7 wasn't available and we had to book 6pm, but then there was hardly anyone in the restaurant. Why make your guests eat earlier than they have to for no apparent reason? Management should fix this.
2. The pools were not perfect. They were too cold (83 degrees out and still hard to get in) and also very deep. My wife that is 5'3" couldn't stand comfortably in the normal parts of the pool.
3. Beach was very windy. Not sure if it was abnormal for this time of year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Explore The Reserve, our new boutique resort within a resort, designed for those whose stay in a luxury suite is as important as sun, sea and sand. Including three pools and a la carte restaurants, YHI Spa and gym, Swim up Suites with direct access to the pool Family Concierge Suites. Take benefit of your stay at The Reserve and use its facilities and services as well as the ones in Paradisus Palma Real Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Ebookers, Holiday Gems, Expedia, Hotels.com, Melia, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Reserve At Paradisus Palma Real Hotel Punta Cana