Overall, a wonderful week's vacation with the family at a great resort. Wish I could give it a 4 1/2 star rating because I think that is more accurate. I rounded up because most issues were minor.
- Large, clean, unique pools in both Reserve and Main area that never felt crowded (even though resort was fully booked Presiden't week)
- Spatious, clean suites with in- room and patio jacuzzi
- A variety of chair, lounge options throughout
- Helpful family concierges (Thanks Glenys and Suleny) and very nice service overall
- Beautiful beach
- Enough activities (music, quality entertainment, kids zone, tennis, etc) without feeling hassled
- Beautifully maintained property
- Nice bars, including a pool bar with the entertaining Ramon and his Fuego shots
- Minor snafus with reservations for all three families in our party
- Good food at sit-down dinners but grilled food at buffets undercooked several times. Chicken, beef, lamb burgers, all dangerously underdone (ask them to keep your's on longer)
- More of a language barrier than I expected. Had a hard time with some service requests
- Beach is great, but grass-like seaweed took water experience down a notch
- No outdoor hot tubs
My advice. . . enough great things to give this place a shot and enough unique things to make the overall DR experience different than many other places. And, if you're feeling adventurous, take a walk down the beach to the Hurican Cafe, grab a Presidente and visit the cigar shop next door. You're sure to come back with a few stories from your walk.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Explore The Reserve, our new boutique resort within a resort, designed for those whose stay in a luxury suite is as important as sun, sea and sand. Including three pools and a la carte restaurants, YHI Spa and gym, Swim up Suites with direct access to the pool Family Concierge Suites. Take benefit of your stay at The Reserve and use its facilities and services as well as the ones in Paradisus Palma Real Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Hotels.com, Holiday Gems, Melia, Ebookers, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Reserve At Paradisus Palma Real Hotel Punta Cana