“The Best Of The Best!!!!”

The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real
Ranked #4 of 110 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersSilver level
“The Best Of The Best!!!!”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

This was the best vacation I have ever taken. Let me start by saying how friendly the staff were. The grounds were the most beautiful landscape you could imagine. The staff went out of their way to make everything the best. The beach area they waited on you had and foot. Best drinks from the The Reserve Staff, always got me actually what we wanted. The beach was beautiful and the wind and water was everlasting. We will definitely be back again. Recommendation is to pay more and book the reserve and do the all inclusive. We payed 80.00 a day per person. It was so worth it.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dalemandy
Rafael T, General Manager at The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear guest,

We are glad to know that we have surpassed your expectations and thank you for your recognition on the excellent service and attentiveness provided by our staff.

Your comments are greatly appreciated and I sincerely hope to have the pleasure to hosting you again at this your home in Punta Cana.

Paradisus Resort Punta Cana

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,424)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We got married at the Paradisus Palma Real on May 24, 2014 and opted to have our wedding guest stay at The Reserve at the Paradisus Palma Real. Our thought was, it is also a vacation, so let's choose a little bit nicer of a place to stay. BAD IDEA. Do not waste your money on staying at The Reserve, the service there was HORRIBLE!!!!!

We have no complaints about the wedding or the resort as a whole. Nuria was our wedding coordinator and we couldn't have asked for anything more, she was absolutely perfect.

I realize this whole review can be classified as first world problems, but I want to preface it with a couple things 1) we are very laid people-it takes a lot for us to find fault in thing 2) when you generate about $80K in revenue for an establishment they should at bare minimum just deliver on service to you and your guests.

These are our issues:
Upon arrival you will be given bracelets, these bracelets denote a level of service within the resort. We noticed that ours were slightly different than our guests; however we were never told at the start of the stay what it meant. On our wedding night (I had it removed for the ceremony- didn't want it in pictures) I went back to get a new one and asked someone at the front desk what it meant. His response was, "very special, VIP". I followed up with what does that entail, and he said he didn't know. We were told when we were leaving by the General Manager Laura that it entitled us to some free services at the spa and seemed shocked that no one had told us. She then promptly left my husband to go attend to other guest. No apology for the lack of communication

We booked golf lessons via the kiosk in the check in area, and followed the instructions we were given to get our vouchers from the front desk for golf, explaining we just booked the lessons. We showed up for the lessons only to find out that the instructor wasn't there and that someone at the Reserve should have told us that they needed to be notified. The instructor offered to come provide lessons, but we wouldn't be able to play a round after (part of the package) only after two phone calls and a lot of push back. We then decided it wasn't worth it at that point because we would have only gotten a portion of what we paid for. We asked for a refund and the girl in the office at first didn't want to process it.

We had multiple dinning experiences where we were just blatantly ignored. Again we aren't needy people; we are pretty patient and give people the benefit of the doubt, but we were pretty much serving ourselves on more than one occasion. Specifically, I would like to call out the wait staff at Gabi Club- please don't ignore guest, roll your eyes and walk away.We even made sure to leave extra tip money at every meal, because these people are preforming a service. Also, Michelet over at Sunset bar was equally amazing.

If you are doing an all inclusive in the DR Paradisus is great, just don't waste your money on the reserve.

Before finding out about the bracelet situation we sat down with one of the managers and expressed our disappointment in the overall service we received. Several of our other guests also had numerous issues. He apologized and asked what he can do. We simply told him, we weren't looking for anything free, just that we were disappointed in the service overall.

We just received a note from The Reserve stating we should have let them know of our discontent. So apparently the conversation just mentioned was never relayed to anyone.

Overall the Paradisus was great. My recommendation is to stay away from The Reserve and just stay in a smaller room at the main resort and upgrade your service package.Sandros at Gabi Beach (not to be confused with Gabi Club) was amazing, he was super nice, and provided some of the best service I have received in my life.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
10 Thank Icey0701
essex
Reviewed 19 June 2014

WOW. Where do I start! My husband and I searched high and low for a resort to get married in as the Dominican Republic was such a special place to us. We wanted a resort that Oozed luxury. Had something for everyone. That could accommodate all 45 guests (all ages) from the UK. And of course, that could delivery the wedding experience we wished for. I can honestly say that having visited twick previously and staying in lovely accommodations before, my worries were a long distant memory as the Reserve at the Paradisus Palma Real far exceeded all expectations.

The staff were extremely friendly. Always happy to take the time to talk to you. The food was top notch. The drinks were branded and the cocktails were amazing. The resort itself is absolutely stunning. It was at full capacity on our second week and it didn't feel like it at all!

Here's a brief itinary of our experience to help anyone thinking of going to this resort or even getting married there:

Upon arrival - our party was greeted at the Reserve with welcome drinks and canapes. The staff checked us in and we were shown to our rooms quickly. Our luggage was delivered shortly afterwards. For any bride and groom to be - the all inclusive wrist band is extra special, that's all that I will say and it will melt your heart.

Rooms - we walked into our our master suite and wow, it was absolutely stunning. The cleaners are there twice a day and at turn down service at night you are greeted by chocolates, strawberries, and your bed turned down with water by the side and slippers and your robes.

Pools & daytime activities - we stayed mainly by the reserve pool and had so much fun. Carlos the main entertainer for sports is an absolute star. He is so much fun for everyone and you cannot help but smile when you talk to him. We even, well my father, taught him the Essex accent!

Kids zone - amazing! 100% trust in the kids zone. They also have weekly pool parties with special catering / buffets for the children. My son ended up in hospital on day 3 and when he felt better, he was greeted by a lovely present from the Kids Zone (and he hadn't even been in there)! We were also approached by the hotel manager who offered us as much help as we needed which was very kind. Luckily he made a speedy recovery in time for the wedding!

Food - something for everyone! And if you read different - they are lying! Our best restaurants were Aqua, Market Grill, Gabi Beach and also Vento. The Teppanyakiy show was also a fun experience!

Drinks - excellent. Unlimited. And not to forget branded! Grey Goose on tap at the Reserve. Heaven.

Entertainment - there was plenty of entertainment throughout the resort - even those looking for a low key night. The beach party was excellent and the violinist and sax playing are def worth a mention!

And now the important bit... the wedding!

Leading up to the wedding, I dealt with Jessica in the main head office (USA) romance department. She was fantastic and extremely accommodating. Nearer the time, I was passed over to Mariela who is so much fun to work with. Upon meeting with Mariela, I had felt like I had known her for ages. She is extremely thoughtful, friendly, considerate - and what I can only describe as an absolute star! Unfortunately, our reception (beach) location had to change due to a local storm in the area - but the location we were given was by far better than the beach! Everything from layout, attention to detail and service were second to non. The whole wedding team on the day and night were amazing and from the bottom of my heart I really cannot thank them enough. Even the food was described by my guests as 'out of this world' and the drinks of course kept on flowing...

I would also like to say a massive thank you to our photographer - Hernan. The photographs of the wedding were out of this world and made a lot of us cry when we first see them!

The whole day was so special. The ceremony in the gardens (a highly recommend), the photos on the beach, the cocktail hour and the trio along with canapes and drinks, the reception, the food, the set up, the order of service etc. And the DJ's were fun and played the best music!!!!

So in closing, would I recommend this resort - absolutely. Would I got again! Yes I would fly out there today! When our guests departed there were even tears of leaving this wonderful place. We cannot wait for the reunion!

Nicola

Room Tip: all rooms are absolutely stunning. We stayed on the first floor and had an amazing view in the first...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank nicola w
Dear Nicola,

I am very pleased to know that you had a wonderful wedding with us and it is a real honor for me to hear your comments about the exceptional service you have received from some staff members.

The Paradise waits for you to celebrate your wedding anniversary.

Best wishes,

Houston, Texas

6/6/14 - 6/13/14: 2 adults and 1 7-year old daughter
Warning: quite lengthy

Let me first give a little bit of our traveling background. My husband and I love traveling. We were married for 12 years before we had our daughter and went to at least 2 major vacations a year during that time. After the little one came along, our travels obviously slowed down to 1 major vacation a year with occasional long weekend trips during the rest of the year. We own Hyatt timeshare. We have been on 7 cruises mostly with RCL and have sailed on their largest ships. We have been to one other all-inclusive resort in Jamaica. But, that resort can not compare to The Reserve at PPR.

To facilitate the writing of this review, I'll do so in sections:

Family Concierge: Ours was Alicia and she was FANTASTIC!! She took care of everything for us and was always attentive, although never overpoweringly so (I don't like people hovering over me). She arranged for all of our dinner reservations and we never had a problem with them. Our beach palapa was reserved at a perfect spot, daily. Our daughter always enjoyed the afternoon snacks and (almost) nightly notes and gifts Alicia would leave on the bed for her. The gifts included an adorable Paradisus Kids' cap, brand new beach toys, scented ultra soft pillow, activity book, and my daughter's favorite - a bubble and balloon filled jacuzzi for our last night there. We were always connected to her via the cellphone they provided for our use and Alicia could always be contacted whenever we needed anything. Other FC workers (Christopher, naming one) were always very helpful.

Food: Maybe my little family's food taste is not quite so picky as some of the other reviewers on this board. For the most part, we loved everything we had! Our favorite, however, were the ALWAYS fresh grouper and white-meat tuna which were grilled to perfection.
• Vento (at Paradisus) - we ate here twice with the first time a little better than the second mainly because of the waiters. Our first waiter was Felix who was such a wonderfully pleasant person. In fact, our daughter accidently spilled her drink and while I was reprimanding her for playing at the table, Felix came over and spoke so sweetly to my daughter to tell her that he loved her and that she had nothing to worry about. The mess was cleaned up so quickly and as my husband tried to help, Felix insisted on doing the clean up on his own. We felt so bad because we know how hard they all work. Our second waiter was so inattentive that I can’t even remember his name. Felix even came over, though our table wasn’t at his area, to help serve us. This 2nd dinner at Vento was also during our last night but since the service was so slow we were there for 1.5 hours. If Felix had not helped I’m sure we would have been there longer.
• Aqua (at The Reserve) – we ate here during our first night and we were not disappointed. Our waiter was Roberto De Leon. He was very pleasant and funny. He gave us just the right amount of attention without us having to feel like he was on top of us. Roberto had good suggestions for us off the menu which were spot on. My husband and I both had the grouper here and we loved it.
• Mizu (at The Reserve) – this is a teppanyaki restaurant with somewhat of a show. I think our chef may have been new because he didn’t really do much aside from allowing a few of the kids to “cook” on the grill. The food was abundant and tasted ok. However, we would not go back to this restaurant since we feel the food at the others were much better. Our server Angel, however, was very good.
• Bana (at Paradisus) – Bana is divided into three restaurants: the bistro, sushi, teppanyaki. We went to the teppanyaki show because our daughter wanted to see it. The show here was better than the one at Mizu, the food abundant, but the taste - just mediocre. Teppanyaki, for us, just always turns out a little saltier than what we are accustomed.
• Gabi Beach Restaurant (at the beach) – We had both lunch and dinner here. Dinner, like the restaurants mentioned before are by reservations only. Lunch, is open seating but only for Reserve residents or those with special passes. Our waiter here was very good and for the life of me I can’t remember his name. The food, during both lunch and dinner, were excellent and having your meal while listening to the ebb and flow of the waves nearby and feeling the breeze was a wonderful experience.
• Hydro Grill (at The Reserve) – This was a nice little grill right by the 2 main pools at The Reserve. They serve the typical grill fare with burgers and sandwiches with some grilled fish too. This also serves as the pool bar but is not a swim up bar.
• Gabi Club (at the Reserve) – We frequented this restaurant the most. This place was opened for all meals and we ate most of our breakfast and lunch here. The grill-meister was Omar who learned our orders so quickly he would just look at us and give us a nod. From there, he would start our omelets. At this restaurant, we ate such a delicious white-meat tuna that was perfectly grilled by Omar.
• Naos (at Paradisus) – Naos is under renovations so they’ve moved it to one of their banquet halls. Unfortunately, they could not accommodate a grill so you can not order fresh made omelets or grilled meats. However, they always offered a wide range of food, drinks, and desserts.
• Market Grill (at Paradisus) – we had one breakfast here and a few snacks after a long morning at the beach. It doesn’t disappoint.
• Room Service – we often used this service for breakfast. My only compliant is that they didn’t have any protein selections for breakfast. They had pastries, coffee, milk, juices, fruits.
• A note on drinks: we aren’t much drinkers so we didn’t have any alcoholic beverages here. We did enjoy the fresh fruit juices/shakes they serve as well as some of the non-alcoholic beverages at the bars. My daughter loved the virgin Shirley Temple that one of the bartenders prepared for her and she would order one when given the chance.

Facility: If the word “beautiful” could some it all up, I would be done. It can’t. This resort is just absolutely gorgeous. The grounds are so well kept we never know when to stop taking pictures. From the Reserve to the main resort at Paradisus, everything was always immaculate. You can tell that the management and staff have taken a lot of pride in keeping the facilities as such.
• We were originally booked in a Garden Family Concierge suite but when we arrived we asked to be upgraded to an FC Swim-up suite. Though much more expensive, we never regretted the decision to upgrade. The room was beautiful. Along with our adult bathrobes and slippers, our daughter also had her own robe, slippers, and toiletries to use. There are 2 flat screen TVs though the channels were mostly in Spanish. Since we didn’t come to watch TV during our vacation, this wasn’t an issue for us. Our room was 5304 which is at the very end of the last building. So, our private entry to the pool was also at the very end. Imagine the privacy!! Our patio was well used with my quiet coffee time in the morning (via room service, of course). With just a few steps down from the patio, there are 2 comfy lounge chairs and a very comfortable palapa right next to our private entry to the pool. The palapa is lighted so it provided a nice place to relax at night. The Jacuzzi tub is out in the patio, which at first glance, I wasn’t too excited about. However, after using it for the first time, it was quite a pleasant experience. We had enough privacy for that not to be an issue.
• Yhi Spa – My husband and I both had the 75 minute hot oil massage followed by the water ritual. WOW!! Our daughter (7 years old) enjoyed the junior clay wrap. She was in the room with me and fell asleep immediately while I was still getting my massage. The spa facility itself is very relaxing and the atmosphere makes you feel like you’re in a different part of the world.
• The beach – Okay so there are seaweeds. The beauty of the beach is not marred at all by the seaweeds. So beautiful and the shore line is so long, almost endless. The sand feels like finely ground sugar granules. The finest sand my stubby toes have dug themselves in to and they’ve seen a lot of sand!
• Traveling to the beach – the walk is NOT that bad and you can really enjoy the grounds when you brave the walk between the Reserve and the beach. Otherwise, golf carts come around 5 minutes or so. At the FC, you can ask them to call a cart for you but we found that the golf carts come around a lot faster at the lobby.

The Service – for the most part, the service was very good everywhere….except for the beach. It’s all over this forum: beach drink service is “almost” nonexistent. We always had bottled water with us so it wasn’t too much of an issue. Occasionally, however, it would have been nice to simply order a drink from our lounge chairs.
Special shout-outs to: Jonathan who was the best golf cart driver. He was so pleasant and always had a smile. Angela and Angel, hostess at Gabi Club who served us so sweetly during breakfast and lunch (Angel was also our waiter at Mizu). Felix, our waiter at Vento. Robert, our waiter at Aqua. Of course, I can not forget to mention Alicia. Our daughter LOVED her!!

CONS – Yes, there are a few. The push to attend a meeting to become members was a little too much for me. I like to say “no” just once and after the first time I get a little edgy. My husband and I are timeshare owners already and buying another is the last thing we want to do, right now. As much as we absolutely loved The Reserve, owning a Melia timeshare is not on our to-do list. We’ll be back at the Reserve as vacationers only. The nonexistent drink service at the beach has already been mentioned. However, our biggest disappointment was the $1500 resort credit we were supposed to receive. When I booked I was under the impression I can use the $1500 any way I wanted. I didn’t find out the “trick” until my room was already upgraded and the spa treatments were already booked. So, the resort credit was laughable. They gave coupons for a few dollars to be used here and there, including $500 to the shops at the mall. $10 off of $200 at Calvin Klein? Nah, I can get a better deal where I live. $50 off each of our adult spa treatments? We thought we would be able to use all $200 of our spa resort credit but we couldn’t use all vouchers together. We used a $400 voucher to upgrade our room but ended up still paying a little more than $700 for that upgrade. So, Management, if you’re reading this please be a little bit more upfront about those resort credits.

Extra tips:
Internet: We rented a router from Gobecon for $19.99 for the whole 8 days (discounted rate since we also bought a roundtrip hotel transfer from them). Internet at hotel is unreliable. The Gobecon router is portable and lasted 3-5 hours before it needed to be recharged. It also worked while recharging.
Hotel transport: Roundtrip transfer from PUJ airport to the Reserve was only ~$10 more than taking a taxi. Driver met us while holding up our names at the airport as soon as we arrived and picked us up 3 hours early from our hotel to take us back to the airport for departure. Vehicle was clean and air-conditioned. The driver very courteous.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank favetita
Dear guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you for your preference in selecting us for your vacation, as well as for letting us know about your recent experience. One of our goals is to create unforgettable memories, and it is a real pleasure to learn we were able to achieve that goal.

We await you soon for a next wonderful vacation at your second home, The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Where do I begin! My Husband and I decided at a spare of the moment to book a much needed vacation. We came across many resorts online in the Dominican Republic. We decided to use our RCI membership and booked at the Reserve Paradisus Palma Real. All I have to say is that I am glad we did!! From start to finish, it was a beautiful experience.I am so glad we booked this boutique Hotel which is within the larger resort-the Palma Real.

When we checked in we were greeted with warm smiles, cool washcloths to refresh ourselves after a long journey and cold tropical drinks. I must add this was at 11pm at night!!!

The resort is immaculate, we always had plenty of palapas and beds to choose from near the pool or at the beach. We stayed in the 50 block of rooms and found it to be the perfect location and central to everything. We loved the carts that would take us to the main part of the resort. We never had an issue with having one available to us. We even enjoyed our many chats with the drivers!

The food was great and we always found something to eat. We enjoyed all of our meals at the buffets and A la carte restaurants. The Omelets at Gabi club were fresh and made to order. I do not remember the cooks name, but he always greeted us with a "Buenos Dias" Our favorite was Hydro grill and everything is made to order and poolside. We enjoyed the Gabi Club each morning for breakfast where our waiter RUDDY POLANCO would greet us with a smile and ready to treat us like one of the family. He would actually sing on his way to get our drinks and return singing. I commend him on his dedication and friendly disposition. He recommended that we eat at Aqua. We did and found that he also worked there. Besides the attention to detail and warm attitude he provided at breakfast, we also had an AWESOME evening at Aqua! He paired the menu items for us and we couldn't be happier! As a teacher, I give Ruddy Polanco an A++. We hope on our next visit we get to see him again.

We would like to mention some people who made our vacation so enjoyable. They were so kind and the essence of what makes this resort not only good, but GREAT! FELIX the bartender at the Gabi Club would magically create these drinks served in a fresh pineapple. I am thinking he picked the pineapples himself because he would magically appear with them. To Luisaida Cedano for taking care of us from the time she met us to the end of our trip. She is the true gem of this resort. Jose Mateo, Rumardo Mercedes "Leo" who both provided outstanding service at Gabi Beach and were a pleasure to interact with. We even had a nice surprise when we met the General Manager Laura Alegre. She was so genuine in nature and I can see how hard she works to make each experience enjoyable. My hat off to her for such a job well done!!

I was impressed with the fact that this resort was a place to relax and unwind. We are in our 30's and were looking for a resort that catered to a mix or activities and relaxation. This is not a resort full of hours of nightly entertainment or hoards of teenagers or college students, but rather a place with just enough entertainment and a nice mix of couples and families. This was what we were looking for and the Resort did not disappoint.

We enjoyed our stay so much we plan on returning some time within the year. Now that's saying a lot as we have never returned to a place we have stayed before!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tortugita1
Dear guest,

Thank you for having taken the time to share your impressions on this trip. For me it is a honor to read your beautiful comments about your recent stay with us and learn your had a fabulous experience.

I feel proud and grateful for your compliments on the efforts and dedication demonstrated by Ruddy, Felix, Luisaida, Jose, Rumardo and Laura Alegre.

We await you soon for a next wonderful vacation at your second home, The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real Resort.

Best regards,

Novi, Michigan
Reviewed 18 June 2014

The staff were incredibly friendly, very polite and went out of their way to make our trip a memorable one. We celebrated my sons 2 yr birthday and this was planned entirely by the hotel staff. A delicious spread at the pool and my sons favorite character cake Elmo was prepared. The rooms were super clean, hotel very spacious. Only complaint is the long wait time to talk to an english speaking agent when calling from the USA.

This facility is awesome for families with young kids.
Special thanks to the following individuals who went above and beyond
Juan Tiren
Rumardo Mercedes
Jhoenny Menia
Felipe Costillo Migercaro
Edin Cesar Zanabic

Thanks Chris

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Chris,

I would like to express my gratitude for sharing your impressions about your recent experience.
I am glad to hear that you had a memorable stay.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

My wife and I came back from our anniversary trip at the Reserve Paradissus Palma Real on June 3rd. I will try to make this informative and helpful as possible as everyone should have a chance in life to experience this awesome resort…yes, it’s that serious! Let me start off by saying this was our first trip to Punta Cana. We picked the Reserve for a couple of reasons: 1) Swim-out Suite, 2) Ranked #2 at the time (should be #1), and 3) All-Inclusive. Anyways, on to my full synopsis:

ARRIVAL:
Our plane arrived at Punta Cana at 12:20pm. We flew with Jetblue…can’t go wrong with Jetblue! All travel arrangements were booked with Expedia. We got a good deal with airfare, resort booking and transportation for pickup/dropoff. Transportation to the Reserve was from Blue Traveler. Again, this was booked with our airfare/resort package through Expedia. I was comfortable with the transportation for $23/pp. It’s a minibus that holds about 8 people. I was glad it wasn’t a bus and if I wanted to spend more, then I would get a private car. The airport is approximately 20 minutes from The Reserve. What’s also nice about this minibus ride to the resort is that you get to see other hotels on the way and of course they just don’t compare to The Paradisus Palma Real.

CHECK - IN:
Check in is at 3pm, but we arrived by 1:30pm. When we arrived we saw our name on the podium outside at the Reserve, a welcoming and personalized touch! Your bags are taken and you proceed to their registration room, which is more like a lounge with comfortable seating and cucumber like aroma that you find at a spa. Check-in is a breeze. They don’t ask anything additional from you, like a credit card to hold any charges. They did mention because we booked with Expedia, we were entitled to some discounts. We received a discount on a room upgrade and voucher coupons, which included $100 off spa services and $50 off a private romantic dinner at Gabi Beach. We did not take advantage of the room upgrade. We originally booked a Swim-Out Suite and the upgrade to that would be a Master Swim-out suite. We were showed the room and it was a larger size room that included a Jacuzzi inside as well as outside the room. It was a nice room, but since it was my wife and I, there was really no need for the additional space. Those of you traveling with children, this could be an option to take into consideration. Also during check-in, you will also meet your own personal concierge person. That Individual was Luis Ozuna for us. Luis booked all our restaurants, gave us information on excursions, and was just a great asset in making our stay comfortable. Thank you Luis!

ROOM:
As mentioned, we booked a swim-out suite. If a swim-out suite is something in your budget, you must book it, with or without, you will not experience a room like a swim-out. Once you go swim-out, you will not go back to a regular, generic room! The room is very spacious with living room, dining area/kitchen, king size bed and stand up shower. With the swim-out suite, you of course have your back yard area with two lounge chairs, Jacuzzi, and queen-size mattress Cabana. But best of all direct access to the pool from your room. The swim-out suite is immaculate and simply awesome. You will not be disappointed.

GROUNDS (THE RESERVE VS. PARADISUS PALMA REAL):
We have been to great resorts in Cancun and Jamaica, but the Reserve and the Paradisus Palma Real is simply beautiful and well kept. The Reserve is VIP. You want to be pampered and have exceptional service and tranquility, then the Reserve is your place. Being all-inclusive is also a big plus. The drinks, coconuts, and restaurants are all great at the Reserve. However, I must mention the main resort, which is literally a five minute golf-cart ride from the Reserve. I am impress and still impress how exceptionally beautiful Paradissus Palma Real is, especially in the night. The grounds are huge and simply a beautiful site. Don’t get me wrong, I love the Reserve, but Paradissus Palma Real is the main resort, it’s larger, and it’s where the entertainment is. When the sun goes down, it is a beautiful site.

RESTAURANTS:
In general, I am a picky person when it comes to food, but the restaurants at the Reserve and the Main Paradisus Palma Real were good. For breakfast, we went to Gabi Beach at the Reserve. Breakfast is buffet style with a nice assortment of fruit and pastries. You can have also have an omelet made for you. For lunch, Hydro Grill is the best choice. Nice menu with variety of vegetarian and non-vegetarian dishes. If you like coconuts, this is where you will get in one, usually in the afternoon. Now for dinner…we went to Aqua, Mizu, Vento, and Gabi Beach Restaurant at Paradisus Palma Real. Really nice ambiance at Aqua. Mizu is like Benihanna, which hibachi-style cooking in your presence. Vento is the Italian restaurant and a very nice ambiance as well. Gabi Beach restaurant is facing the beach and a nice ambiance as well. The restaurants all serve good food with excellent service. My only suggestion is a restaurant that serves food from the Dominican Republic.

YHI SPA AT THE RESERVE:
Simply an amazing facility! The ultimate in relaxation! We had a couples massage and it was a great experience. After the massage, you have full access to the facility. There is a hydro therapy pool, Jacuzzi, cold pool, sauna, etc. The architecture is beautiful inside Yhi Spa. Take advantage if you can.

Overall, a vacation to remember and will definitely be back at the Reserve Paradisus Palma Real!

Room Tip: Swim-Out suite all the way!!!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Pvandeyar
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review regarding your recent stay at The Reserve.

I appreciate your valuable observations about the Check In process. I assure you that appropriate measures have been taken.

The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real is going to be more than glad to welcome you back for your next vacation.