I'm not one for writing reviews, but I felt as if The Reserve deserved yet another positive remark. This was my first time visiting the Dominican Republic with my family and I'm glad we chose this place.
As soon as we arrived we felt right at home and welcomed. The grounds were absolutely stunning, and everything was very well maintained (you can tell they take pride in their yard work). The room we stayed in mimicked something that you see in movies, very spacious and elegant. As for the staff, they are some of the nicest people you will ever encounter.
There were a particular few who made our stay extra enjoyable. From the moment we first arrived we were greeted by a guy named Carlos Pena, who never hesitated to help us out and inform us of what activities were going on throughout the day. He was very sociable and nice to talk to. Then there was Chocolate (aka Edward), who brought so much positive energy to the table, and definitely prevented us from gaining dreaded vacation weight with all of his aquatic aerobic classes. Last but not least, our Family Concierge, Gabriel Bobadilla, who made sure that we were always happy. We're not necessarily the easiest family to deal with, but he always faced any of our requests with a positive attitude and smile on his face (seriously though, he was always smiling). On our last night, he surprised us with an array of chocolates and fruits, rose petals on the bed and inside the bubble bath, and a balloon filled hot-tub. His incredible service made us dread returning to DC.
All in all this goes to the top of the list in terms of one of my favorite vacations (and I've been on MANY). Calm atmosphere, friendly people, wonderful experience. We'll definitely be back.
A couple tips for those coming:
1. If you're staying at the Reserve, make sure to check out the regular resort (Palma Real) as well, you get the best of both worlds
2. Guys, bring long pants and closed toed shoes (it's a requirement for certain restaurants)
3. The wi-fi isn't great, so be prepared to un-plug
4. Enjoy! You chose a great place!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Explore The Reserve, our new boutique resort within a resort, designed for those whose stay in a luxury suite is as important as sun, sea and sand. Including three pools and a la carte restaurants, YHI Spa and gym, Swim up Suites with direct access to the pool Family Concierge Suites. Take benefit of your stay at The Reserve and use its facilities and services as well as the ones in Paradisus Palma Real Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Melia, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Expedia, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Reserve At Paradisus Palma Real Hotel Punta Cana