“Great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Kukua Beach Club

Kukua Beach Club
Ranked #19 of 287 Restaurants in Punta Cana
Price range: US$14 - US$32
Good for: Kids, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, View, Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A place with soul!! Kukua is an exclusive Restaurant Beach Club located on the wonderful Bavaro Beach, in our facilities you can relax on the beach and pool area and enjoy the best fresh seafood and fish caught daily by our local fishermen. The best place to celebrate your Wedding Ceremony and Reception or a romantic dinner on the beach.
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

Was lovely food, all the seafood you could imagine! Excellent service, price and quality; can't complain.

Visited June 2014

• Polish first
Philly
“Best Wedding/Reception Venue!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

I recently had my wedding/reception at Kukua on May 24, 2014 and I can only describe it as one word AMAZING! The service I received from start to finish was first class service, including the initial planning via email, the tasting and the actual day of the event. I am a very very detailed person and I want things done exactly how I want them and that usually never happens when I put things into other people's hands. LOL However, Bego exceeded my expectations! She didn't miss a single detail and made everything even more beautiful than I envisioned. She is so sweet and her team is so pleasant. I was nervous about the whole planning via email and never even visiting the place prior to my wedding, but this was the best decision ever.

I had 54 guests and 49 of them stayed at the Majestic Colonial as well as my husband and I. Kukua was just a short distance away, so it was perfect. I was originally going to have my wedding at the Majestic, but the wedding coordinators there didn't seem as personal to me as Bego and if you're planning a wedding a ton of miles away, you want to have a good feeling about it. Also, there are multiple weddings happening at the Majestic and there are sooo many onlookers around that it didnt appear personal at all. Kukua is perfect if you are looking for a venue that's beautiful and personal and a staff that's super pleasant. Trust me you will not be disappointed!

5 Thank Sharae M
Mashpee, Massachusetts, United States
“Beautiful wedding, amazing food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

Wow! It's all I can say. Bego is stupendous! I researched many of the other venues available and although they are nice as well, I believe they too are becoming too "cookie cutter". All the weddings are starting to look the same. At Kukua, your vision will be brought to life! Bego will work with you and will do everything in her power to make sure your day is beautiful and special. You will be treated like a queen!
Kukua Beach Club is an excellent place for your wedding ladies! The grounds are beautiful and the food is amazing! You, your fiancé, and everyone in your party will be impressed; guaranteed!
I truly love this place and Bego! You will not regret it!

orlando
“Highlight of our trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

I found this restaurant on behalf on Trip Advisor, and I couldn’t have been more pleased. This was such a nice time and a wonderful meal. We decided beforehand to get away from the resort for one night to have some seafood. I made reservation via the internet about a week prior. Upon arrival, we had two table reserved for us, we got to choose which one we preferred. The service was top notch: very informative, non-obtrusive; just perfect. My spouse and I split the seafood platter. Oh, if you like seafood, you are in for a treat. Lobster, langostinos, calamari, snapper – it was devine! The classified butter was hot and creamy (nothing like ruining a good seafood meal with that oily fake stuff!). My daughter had the churrasco, which was perfectly cooked and seasoned. The mojito my spouse had was fantastic, my Corona was ice cold. Unfortunately after the meal, the only thing I needed was a stretcher! I am sure there deserts are wonderful. We took a stroll down to the beach while we waited for our cab. It is truly a lovely place. I highly recommend!!

3 Thank jaxinorlando
Toronto
“My intimate wedding was very lovely at this hidden gem”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

We just got back from our trip and our wedding ceremony at the Kukua was lovely.

Stumbled across the venue and was grateful I could have my wedding offsite as resort weddings really are super cookie cutter. From the start Bego was very easy to talk to about my ideas and reassured me that everything would be exactly how I wanted. From the photos I saw online I felt confident it would be great! We communicated for about a year and she was always very quick to reply (which is also very reassuring when planning a wedding from a million miles away!)

I would recommend Kukua to anyone who wants a wedding experience off the resort as you really do feel more special enjoying an evening away from the resort you are staying at. You have to be a relaxed bride though as not everything goes to plan (we arrived to the venue just an hour before scheduled ceremony time and no deco was done yet) and you need to stay calm and not let it bother you (because ultimately they did get it done by the time they said it would be done and it looked great). We have a tendency to panic and stress easily in North America and there things are a lot more relaxed (we can learn from them and their dominican ways!!! :)

The food was incredible and for my small group of 9 people it was a perfect setup under their beach side palapa, they decorated it wonderfully and even had my accent colour as lighting in it for added ambiance. Everything they brought out of the kitchen was gone within minutes! Cerviche and shrimp cocktail appetizer was to DIE for! Most of my guests opted for the lobster main course and let me tell you, it was AMAZING. Better than any food at our resort on any night.The servers were incredibly efficient and did a wonderful job topping off drinks and clearing plates. Perfect dining experience. Really made me happy to see everyone enjoying the food so much as we are serious about food!

There were a few things though that I need to mention so other potential brides are aware:

If you are trying to do things on a budget and have a small group and can't opt for a DJ (as it doesn't make sense to have a dance floor for 9 people) they will not help you in any way when it comes to music or sound for your procession. You have to figure it out for yourself (where the boom box goes, who presses play, etc). That can complicate things and frustrate people so either organize it properly or pay the extra $400 for someone to press play for you. We basically wanted just the ceremony and private dinner at the venue so a DJ and speakers really made no sense. Hopefully they figure out a way to offer this to smaller groups in the future (help with sound for procession without a 400$ price tag) as it really stressed my husband out. Also be aware that if you don't get a DJ you will not have speakers or a mic for your officiant, since we were a small group we didn't need to be loud but it is something to be aware of in general. Kind of took us off guard. I assumed that playing the procession and having a mic was included with the wedding set up charge when I booked but I was wrong. We were also told there was no outlets to plug into (in case we did bring large speakers or a mic) but now we are wondering where the hired DJ would plug into...

If you want photos of the groom getting ready (and a happy groom in general) opt to take them at your resort. Kukua has a beautiful bridal suite however nothing for the groom but the public un-air conditioned washroom which doesn't make the groom feel special at all. Trust me when I tell you that this makes a difference in the groom's day. Have the groom show up to the venue 15 minutes before start time as it gets hot waiting in a suit!

Get a day-of wedding coordinator! I learned my lesson the hard way that it makes the world of a difference to have someone you trust to ensure things are on time and done the way you want. If we had one I am sure things would have been a little less stressful on us and ran more smoothly.

Make sure you ask for what you want and speak up if you notice things aren't to your liking. I wish I spoke up and mentioned that the gazebo should have been more covered with fabric as I asked for in my photos but when you're in the moment you really have a million things on your mind. I paid $500 (plus 18% tax) for a set up on the beach but we had no chairs (my choice since we were 9 people total) and all that was done for the actual gazebo was a chandelier and some flowers were added to an already used set up from a previous day but definitely not all the material I assumed would be on it. Again, speak up and because I didn't, I can't say anything about the venue, it was my own fault. For 500$ I expected more and if I had a planner overseeing things I would have been happier as they would have ensured it was perfect and worth the money I paid. It is all relative to me, so if there is 50 chairs set out with sashes,etc, then a $500 charge seems fair, if there are no chairs, they could have charged less or added more to the gazebo/aisle decoration. The dinner set up (which also cost $500) was beautiful and exactly as I asked for. You can take a look at the photos to see what I mean about what I asked for and what I got. I felt 1 of the 2 was totally worth it.

I will definitely return as the kindness of Bego and her staff is incredible. Always smiling and trying their best to make you happy. The chef is a talented man and it was super sweet that he came out after service to say hello and ask how we enjoyed our meal. Mr. Fausto the manager was also such a great host and really attentive during dinner service to ensure we had everything we needed.

Everything that they could control and we asked for was done, all of our guests kept saying how wonderful it all was and how perfect it felt for our intimate group. We felt a million miles away from everyone and anyone and for that we will always be grateful. You can't put a price on a feeling and believe me when I tell you, you will feel great there.

Thank you Kukua and we wish you much success in the future!! (See you on our 3 year anniversary)

• Visited April 2014