“Girls getaway!”

Presidential Suites - Punta Cana
Ranked #52 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

The good... Wait staff like Arismendey for drinks was the best ever!

Entertainment staff was fun and kind! Stephanie is a hard working sweetheart and others like Felix, Wellington and Charlie made the days and nights fun with their silly personalities!

Food was decent, I liked Decadence best, Kimonos second and Basils a far third... Okay choices for 4 night stay but any longer would be tough for lack of options.

Rooms great for girls getaway as you have liming room space to socialize while friends are getting ready.

Beach was amazing, chairs, service, etc. Hotel needs a hot tub though!

The bad... Not much, drain issue on master shower that they failed to fix. But didn't ruin my trip!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Klmperkaboo
Write a ReviewReviews (2,339)

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Loved the Presidential Suites, from start to finish. Stayed for 6 days and was never disappointed. Meet some great people and enjoyed some great food.

The Entertainment Staff was the BEST, Jose the Entertainment Manager, Mini-Me, Stephanie, Felix, Henry and Gabriel, made sure that there was never a dull moment. They work so hard, they work from 10:00 am - 11:00 pm for 20 days straight. Considering the Presidential Suites is more of a boutique hotel, entertainment was awesome. There was a themed night and the best night was Monday night with Micheal Jackson night.

The wait staff in the restaurants and on the beach are also great and very, very attentive. Santiago the Restaurants' manager, David, Pedro, Flor, Juan and Luci, were the best ever.

Overall my experience was great and I would definitely come back.

Room Tip: Get your excursions from the vendors on the beach or the huts, they are cheaper and you get more for...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tcobb75
Reviewed 14 April 2014

We were ready to relax, enjoy the beach, and the beautiful ocean and we achieved our goals at this resort. Yes, there are bugs to work out, but all in all the staff does a great job of trying to make you happy. I have never been somewhere for a few days where the staff knows you by name!! Felix greeted us with his smile every day! Minnie Me, Felix, Jose, Johnny, Julio, and Leo were just a few of the awesome employees that made our stay so enjoyable!

The beach is beautiful, with plenty of chairs! The drinks are plentiful, as well as the food! Yes, everyone can find something to complain about, like the pressure from the sales staff. We told them no, firmly, for two days and they bothered us no more.

Take lots of change, as you will not be able to get it at the resort! Also, make sure you don't forget personal essentials, as they are not readily available either. I think that an all inclusive resort should have these things at their fingertips!

Making a long story short...we can't wait to go back!!!

2  Thank Wade B
Reviewed 14 April 2014

When we first arrived, we were approached by salesman to take a tour of the property and receive free breakfast for the next morning. They do not take no for an answer! The badgering continued for the first 2 days until we went all exclusive. It was very annoying and stressful. We actually would take a different route to the beach to avoid them. We chose not to do all exclusive for the first three days for the reason that they only had three restaurants and thought we would get tired of the food. After walking and searching outside the resort, we were able to find some very good restaurants. We chose all exclusive the third day mainly for the reason that we just wanted to relax and stay put. Big mistake..... the food was below average. Like many reviews, the steak at Decadence was very good but that was about it that was good in that particular restaurant. The Italian restaurant was awful in my opinion! We made our reservations for the entire week the first day we got there for fear we wouldn't be able to eat were we wanted. We had to take what was left for availability. There was always a different answer to our questions depending on who you asked. They all need to get on the same page! The wait service and entertainment crew were great. Our rooms view was awful! We looked at a dilapidated building. We had requested by email before we went specific buildings and were denied. The over all feeling we received was sell. sell. sell and if you don't choose to buy, you were disregarded. So much so that after the first couple of days of harassment and us not budging, they would not even say hello when we had to walk by them. Overall the wait staff and animation team was fantastic! They work long hours and deserved to be tipped. We would not go back.

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms overlooking the pool or with an ocean view.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank 979Jenn
Reviewed 12 April 2014

We were very nervous going on this trip due to the other reviews that we had read online. I have to say that we were pleasantly surprised. We arrived on a Saturday night for a 6 day stay. Our fridge had fresh fruit, beer, Pepsi, 7-up, and water stocked in it. That was a nice touch. Our room was very nice but our view was not great. We did have a small leak the night it rained and the water does not stay hot for very long in the bathroom. That said......those were my main issues. Not too bad.

Food- The food was decent for an all inclusive. They have 3 restaurants to choose from. You need to make all your reservations at 9:00 am e day after arrival. We tried all 3 restaurants and actually liked the main restaurant Decadence the best. The filet is out of this world. Kimono the Asian restaurant has good green beans, sushi, and ahi tuna. The Italian had great minestrone soup. Breakfast was nice and Ramon always called us his brother and sister and kept our beverages full and plates cleared. Lunch- the buffet is okay some days but you can also order from the beach and the burgers are really good. We decided to have a late night snack with friends at about 2:00 am and got delicious burgers then too.

Entertainment- the entertainment crew is the best. We spent a lot of time with Felix and Gabriel during the week and they made our stay so much fun! The last night we spent time with Mini-me and Stefanie. These people work so hard. They get there at 9:30 to entertain you and do not leave until 11:30. They set everything up and take it down also. There are shows every night. I highly recommend the circus and Michael Jackson tribute.

The Beach- the beach is beautiful. They also have beds that you can use to sun, read, or nap on. The drink service on these is great also. Remember to take a lot of $1 bills with you. Tipping gets you great service! We also found some shells that are as big as a human head while splashing in the water with friends. I think combined our total haul was 7. People were paying $25 for these at the stores. Be very careful of the rocks in the ocean though. Some are jagged and large.

Shopping- Do not buy anything from the vendors that set up at the hotel! They will rip you off. We shopped out the back gate at the little store there and if you don't mind a hike there is a great store if you walk left on the beach about 3 miles or so down. It is more of a shack but will bargain with you on prices. Basically tell them what you want to pay.

Avoid the sales pitch!!!!!!!! They will take a few hours of your beach time!

We would go back in a heartbeat and even take the kids!

Stayed: April 2014
3  Thank Dawn S
Reviewed 12 April 2014

I think every review is based on experience AND expectation. My husband and I visited the Presidential Suites for our 1 year anniversary. We visited with the knowledge that this resort had on,y been open since December and had refurbished an existing place. With that knowledge we knew there would be a few "hiccups" but any problems were quickly addressed.

THE GOOD:
The staff are absolutely wonderful! Everyone offered a friendly smile and a helping hand. I think everyone leaves vacation with their "favorite" person that made their stay extra special and for us it was Stephanie with the entertainment staff. She is genuine and does her job well. We looked forward to talking with her every day and learning more about the Dominican culture.

The beach area is 5+ stars! The lounge chairs and beds on the beach are perfect for a relaxing vacation. We walked about 30 minutes each way on the beach and the Presidential Suites definitely has the nices beach area.

The rooms are large and sufficient. This resort is an optional all-inclusive. We were upgraded to a 2 bedroom top floor room (definitely request a top floor!) The room had a full kitchen, 2 bathrooms, and a large living room area. The best part though was on the roof top patio was a lounging bed and picnic table. One of the bathrooms did not have hot water for the shower but we used the other bathroom and it was no big deal - DON'T SWEAT THE SMALL STUFF ON VACATION. :)

THE NOT SO GOOD:
Our only true complaint about this resort was that it only had 3 restaurants - 2 of which are only open for dinner and by reservation only. Reservations are HARD to get so make them as soon as you check in. They are also very strict on time. If your reservation is for 6:30, you're wasting you're time trying to walk in at 6:29. After staying for a week, the selection of food becomes a little discouraging. It was just my husband and I, but I noticed people with children had a hard time finding food that their children would eat.

Yes, this is a resort that is trying to sell ownership and yes, as many reviews say, there are staff that will try and get you to preview what they have to offer but they are not pushy and a simple "no" will do. BUT, we found the preview was worth our time. We learned so much about the properties and it is not like a regular time share - they have NO yearly maintenance fee!

All and all we would definitely return to this resort in a heartbeat! It is a small, intimate resort where you don't need a map to navigate yourself around. Anything the resort may lack, the staff makes up for it!

Room Tip: Ask for a top floor room! Room # 1402 was absolutely wonderful!
3  Thank Amy F
Reviewed 11 April 2014

My husband and I just returned yesterday from this resort. We were celebrating our 10 year wedding anniversary. After reading the reviews, we were very hesitant and had very low expectations. Here is what we thought as objective as possible.
Staff/Service- Amazing! Ramon was our server every breakfast and lunch and he went above and beyond to make us feel special, even preparing "our table" for our last day with local flower petals all over the table for our last breakfast and lunch. He was the best server, along with "President Obama" always waiting to pour our coffee with a smile on his face. They were amazing and work very hard. Tip them! They more than deserve it! Raibel, Rueben, and the countless beach servers (ladies, I'm sorry I'm not remembering your names) were wonderful and always remembered what you were drinking.
Animation team- Felix was the best! He, like Ramon, made us feel like true family/friends. Gabriel had just started working there when we arrived and he was great also! We wanted to bring Felix and Gabriel home with us! Tip them, too! Stephanie did a great job as well! I highly recommend the Michael Jackson Show and the Circus show. Everyone works so hard and always have a smile on their face!
Room-We were in room 2303, facing the "parking lot" and the lobby. At first I wasn't happy, so we asked Milton for a room change, but they didn't have any other rooms, so I accepted the situation and refused to let it ruin my 6 days in paradise. There were some cockroaches in our bathroom every night, but I cannot think of one trip to Florida where I did not find a cockroach. I didn't complain because we are close to the equator and down there, they actually write songs about cockroaches. So, when in Rome, do as the Romans do. Our room was cleaned daily and towels restocked. We left $2 the first few days, then started leaving $4 on the bed for the cleaning lady and she then put flowers on our bed, made shapes out of the towels and restocked anything that we needed. Tips go a long way in any all-inclusive. The people show their appreciation for your generosity. They make very little money and work 21 days straight, 13 hours a day. Tip them!!! If you cannot afford to tip, you can't afford the service. That's what I teach my children.
VIP Sales team- The men in the tan shirts wearing fedoras. We were approached once the morning after our arrival and simply stated that we had an appointment with our Amstar rep, and they did not approach us until our 2nd last day. Even then, they only said "Are you ready now?" We said no, and they didn't ask again. Just be firm, but nice. You do not have to go to ANYTHING you don't want to! So don't!
Food- For 6 days, we were allowed one dinner at Himonos and one at Basil & Tomatoes. The other dinners were at Decadence. I was pleasantly surprised! The fillet at Decadence was delicious, the skewers at Himonos were also great. I'll put it this way: My husband is a snob when it comes to food, and there was maybe one time that he was not satisfied at meal time. He wasn't "wowed" either. I always found something that I liked. The presentation was very nice, some things were average, but mostly, I feel the food was above average. Definitely better than Grand Palladium Jamaica.
Beach-To die for! The cabana beds just make the whole beach! If you get out before 11 am, you will get a full cabana bed. The ones closest to the beach get picked over before 7am, but we slept in some days and still managed to get a cabana bed with the posts, curtains, etc every day we were there. It was heavenly! If you go to the left and walk down the beach for about 45 mins, directly after the tip of the peninsula, there is a "market" on stilts with 30 stores to buy souvenirs. Well worth the walk! We haggled the prices down with everyone and bought so many souvenirs for under $50! Don't let them see how much $ you have on you, obviously. The resort had people selling jewelry. A couple we met got them down to $100 for a necklace/bracelet/earrings set. We saw the same set at these stores, I got them down to $14 for the same identical set of jewelry!!! There are dogs on the beach that are so very friendly and cute and we fed them every day.
Security- They were everywhere & working hard. Juan Rodriguez was our favorite security guard. He always greeted us by name! The security is only on the beach, so I recommend paying the $20/week for the safe.Anyone not getting a safe when they travel is just asking for a robbery.
We met several people both VIP and others who booked for an awesome deal on Cheap Caribbean, and they were all so nice! The resort is small enough to make friends and for the staff to get to know you. We went to Grand Palladium in Jamaica last year for twice the price and only 5 days. We paid $1550 for 6 days including air, transfers, and insurance, and were treated like family at Presidential Suites as opposed to just another face at Grand Palladium.
We will definitely be going back to Presidential Suites Punta Cana!!! The service staff, the beach that goes on for miles, the other couples, I would do it all again in a heartbeat!!!

Room Tip: Vista Sol has peacocks that you will hear "screaming/squawking" if you have a room facing...
Also consider these accommodations in or near Punta Cana
#61 of 112 in Punta Cana
Grand Bahia Principe Turquesa
Grand Bahia Principe Turquesa
#60 of 112 in Punta Cana

Been to Presidential Suites - Punta Cana? Share your experiences!