“Great Staff” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #49 of 110 Hotels in Punta Cana
Houston, Texas
“Great Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

This was our first time in Punta Cana and we had a great time. The resort is small but nice. It's located right on a beautiful, clean beach. The entertainment staff made our stay MUCH even better. Mini-Me, Gabriel and Alejandro were the BEST! They were there every morning, afternoon and night with different games and activities for everyone. The nightly shows were entertaining. Annie and Israel were great waiters and kept the drinks coming.
When we first walked into our room, we notices a strong sewer smell. We called the front desk and they were able to move us to another room. I would definitely recommend this resort and plan to go back.

Room Tip: The people in the brown shirts are trying to sell you a vacation club membership. They are VERY per...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank JVT14

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (542)
  • Polish first
Shaftsbury, Vermont
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

Had a great vacation. Disappointed in the accommodations. The Presidential Suite is nothing like the rooms at Lifestyles Puerto Plata. No dresser in the master bedroom, and the pullout coach was two cushions on the floor.
The staff however helped make up for the deficiencies of the room. Gabriel was our absolute favorite along with Mini Me, Capuchino & Stephanie. This is our 4th vacation at a Lifestyles resort. Absolutely love the Puerto Plata resort.
We will go back to Punta Cana, but need to give the resort a few years to develop.

Room Tip: Be sure to validate the number of bedrooms and what the actual beds will be. The pullout coach in ou...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Peter M
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

There were really no problems with staying here. I loved every single minute of it! The rooms were very clean and well rounded, the beach area was unbelievable, the entertainment staff on the beach was amazing as well. MiniMe, Stephanie, and all of the other entertainment staff made the stay so much better. They were so much fun! Every single staff member there was so sweet, always greeting you and making sure you were okay. I have no complaints at all and I can't wait to come back!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
      Sleep Quality
3 Thank Melissaa22
Annapolis, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

The check-in process was easy. You either purchase all inclusive for the time you stay or you don't. We decided to purchase the all-inclusive, because of convenience, and we weren't disappointed in that decision. When we first arrived to our 3 bedroom suite, it looked clean and the A/C had all rooms very cool. The main A/C unit in the hallway goes by Fahrenheit, but the ones in the bedrooms go by Celsius, so be ware US citizens!

After changing into our pajamas to take a quick nap after the long day of travel, we pulled back the sheets on our bed in one of the guest bedroom and there were ants! We called immediately to the front desk. The housekeeping staff came within 5 minutes. They took the mattresses and box springs outside our suite to wipe them down with a bleach solution and then gave us freshly laundered sheets. We were happy with that prompt service.

Our first meal was lunch at the Decadence buffet. The selection was well-rounded and the food was delicious. Our first dinner was at Kimono's, which is an Asian restaurant. Here, our waiter Santiago was excellent. He was personable, held conversation with my family and served us efficiently and in a timely fashion. The dishes we ordered were the Snapper, Orange Chicken, Steak/Chicken skewers and fried rice. We all sampled each other's dishes and I had to say they all tasted great! The only complaint I have was with regards to the "shrimp crackers". The name itself is misleading. We were all expecting shrimp on some type of cracker, but instead received crunchy chips that were shrimp flavored. I asked for mine to be replaced with the fried green beans which were delectable.

The Italian restaurant, Basil and Tomatoes was disappointing. I did not enjoy any of the main entrees, but did delight in the pizzas, the soup, and Cesar salad. The dinner menu at Decadence is the same every night, so don't expect it to change. The green beans served with many of the dishes were too crunchy and in my opinion under-cooked, but the entrees themselves were good. I enjoyed the fish tacos and steak the most. Breakfast at Decadence was my favorite meal. I had a vegetable omelet with Pico de Gallo, mimosas and fresh fruit everyday. Be sure to try to the Coco Loco, Toucan, and Banana Mamita drinks...yum!

Next we encountered that the TV remote in one of the guest bedrooms didn't work. It was a simple fix; it needed batteries. The maintenance staff replaced the batteries within 10 minutes of us reporting the issue to the front desk. Again, we were very pleased with the prompt service. Our last issue was with the Cable TV in the main bedroom. The connection simply wasn't working. Seeing as though there was nothing they could do about it because it's a cable company issue, the manager offered us free in-suite Wi-Fi for the inconvenience. Again, we were pleased.

The entertainment staff was superb! They made sure to interact with everyone in the crowd. Even me being shy had a fun time dancing to Soca and even learning to Merengue. My personal favorite entertainment staff members were Shorty, Felix and Mini Me. Each had bubbly personalities and I will never forget them. The restaurant/wait staff was also excellent. They were friendly, prompt and even took the time to learn your name and remember what drinks you prefer. I will never forget Gilberto, Santiago, Jose Ramon and David.

Overall we had a fun time in Punta Cana, but I owe it all to the staff at Presidential Suites!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank ShanJay82
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

The animation crew were fantastic !
Pikete, Capuchino, and Mini Me made our stay very enjoyable.

The service is 5 star
The food is 3.5 star (the candlelight dinner "Beef & Veggie Skewer" was the best)
The beach is 5 star

Room Tip: These rooms are meant for four people comfortably, I don't recommend only two people per week...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mark F
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

I could not possibly have been more entertained or enchanted with the night life and daytime activity crew! Amazing!!! MiniMe/Disel, Stephanie, etc were fabulous and quite honestly if they are working somewhere else next time we visit, I may go there instead! I went with my boyfriend and my 16 year old son...there was something entertaining and appropriate to do at every turn that all age groups could enjoy! The food was good...the Italian was the best of it all. The room was oversized and bright but had an unbelievably foul smell that front desk had to come up and take care of...on day 6. TIP!! We didn't see a lot of people tipping and it's an absolute shame...too your waitstaff, bartenders, entertainers, etc. It goes a long way. We traveled from Boston and are already looking forward to returning!!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Nicole3569
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed here for 5 days and we really enjoyed ourselves. The resort is small but that is by no means a negative. The restaurants never got to crowded and we didn't have to wait to be seated, and the food was very delicious. Every night there was an event on the beach which was fun and didn't run too late. The employees at the resort are fantastic; Gabriel, who worked on the beach was very personable, remembered my name and face everyday, and made me feel like it was his sole duty to make sure my girlfriend and I were having a good time. I've been to quite a few resorts and honestly, this is the first time I've cared to write a review. While the resort itself was very good the employees are the reason I felt the need to take time to write this. If I go to Punta Cana in the future I will be staying here again.

Room Tip: Try for a room with a pool side balcony!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort
ApartHotel Green Coast
ApartHotel Green Coast
#11 of 17 in Bavaro

Been to Presidential Suites - Punta Cana? Share your experiences!