“Our Go-To Spot in DR”

La Palapa by Eden Roc
Ranked #39 of 307 Restaurants in Punta Cana
Price range: US$20 - US$120
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Located at the beautiful Eden Roc Beach Club, La Palapa restaurant opened in 2003, becoming the first restaurant opened at the Cap Cana residential resort. After experiencing an interesting renovation, La Palapa by Eden Roc, began operations in September 2010, under the management of Solaya Hotels & Resorts, a private firm dedicated to developing luxury hotel projects, which operates the Eden Roc Beach Club, a private beach club in Cap Cana. Solaya Hotels & Resorts' premier property is Eden Roc at Cap Cana, the first Relais & Chateaux property in the Dominican Republic.Immediately after its first renovation, the new La Palapa by Eden Roc fascinated visitors with its unique proposal of pastas, fresh sauces, homemade bread, fish and seafood. La Palapa by Eden Roc is ideal for those who enjoy the authentic cuisine, where each dish is perfectly executed incorporating fresh seasonal products, without losing the simplicity, in a casual, elegant and relaxed ambiance. La Palapa by Eden Roc is a place to enjoy the best cuisine and the beautiful views of the Caribbean Sea. The access to the restaurant La Palapa by Eden Roc is free to the general public. For weekends and special nights, we recommend booking a table in advance. The use of facilities Eden Roc Beach Club (beach, pool) is reserved for members or visitors who have purchased an access pass.
New York City, New York
“Our Go-To Spot in DR”
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Whenever we are in the DR this is my favorite place to eat. If you're having a stressful day nothing makes the rest of the world disappear like a drink here. If you want a great place to take guests, they will always enjoy this spot. Looking for romance? Look no further. The staff and management always remember us, the setting is exquisite and it's probably one of the best meals you'll have in the area. It's pricey, but in my opinion it's worth it to have a consistently good food with unbeatable atmosphere. My favorite is the King Crab Rolls.

• Visited January 2014
3 Thank Molly F

Oakdale, Minnesota
“Hit or miss? Our experience was positive ...”
Reviewed 30 March 2014

I think the review of decarts saying: "failed once and has been repurposed" is accurate for all of Cap Cana. Cap Cana seems to simply be fighting it's way through financial hardship. Service is hit or miss everywhere we went. There is abandoned construction throughout the area.

Our family of five (kids - 14, 12 and 9 years old) chose to eat at La Palapa for the final dinner on our vacation. Everything from the service to the food was done very well on this particular night.

No doubt there is going to be mixed reviews on everything in Cap Cana. Service is so inconsistent everywhere you just don't know what your going to get. With that said, choosing to go upscale with accommodations or restaurants is a true gamble.

For our dinner, it was a Friday night and the restaurant was full. I think this had a lot to do with our having a delightful experience. With a $400 bill we tried a lot of things on the menu: from kids meals, to sushi, to appetizers, to salads, to filet mignon, to mojitos, to wine, to dessert, everything was good and made us want to return.

• Visited March 2014
4 Thank Fidelis55119
New York
“Beautiful setting, mediocre food”
Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

We came here for lunch and after being told that if we wanted to use the beach and pool before or after lunch, we had to buy a $150 day pass that came with drinks for everyone and bottles of water. We paid for the pass because we had driven all the way there and thought it would be nice to use the beach. The lunch was completely mediocre, although the service was very friendly and efficient. The setting is very pretty, but the whole place gives the impression of a place that has failed once and has been repurposed. La palapa is a long way from anything else and I wouldn't make the effort again.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank decarts
Miami Beach, Florida
“Beautiful place, delicious food.”
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Best place in the region, perfect spot in the beach, beatiful peole. Class a part restaurant, many European clients.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Philippe M
outside nyc
“Are you folks serious?”
Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

On a recent day trip from La Romana to play golf at Punta Espada, I decided to treat myself to La Palapa. I read someone here make a comment comparing this to the Four Seasons in Geneva.

Maybe the fact that I was only a visitor who drove into the resort caused the problem.
Maybe the fact that I look like a cleaned up beach bum(I live in Casa de Campo), threw them off.
Maybe the fact that I am not a rich tourist looking to get rung up, confused them.
Maybe the fact a have a perpetual smile and speak Spanish in a colloquial form threw them off.
After valet parking my car and being led through an entry area and walkway to the restaurant and then presented to the maître de who sat me down with a menu, I was joyous. This is an exquisite and beautiful venue right on the beach surrounded by the heavenly blue sea. They have exciting yet very pricey food choices. I was in no hurry to be anywhere as I live on island time. Closed my eyes and took a deep breath and absorbed the great setting with joy.
Literally 30 minutes later, I was still waiting for anyone to acknowledge me. And they aren't giving things away here. It's a full pay for play spot.
There were other patrons being served around me; maybe the restaurant was 1/4 full.
I got up and asked someone if they could help out and take my order.
Again waited about 5 more minutes.
After that, I walked back to the entire staff showed them my Casa de Campo villa owners card along with a wad of RD 200,000 pesos-about 5,000 US, the equivalent of a years salary for them said "You would all be fired in my business!"

Four Seasons? Maybe that's the salad dressing they use in the kitchen.
Truly embarrassing.

I went to Juanillo Beach to the small owner operated spot and had a pleasant lunch, on the beach for 1/3 the price.

Visited March 2014