“Couldn't have asked for a more wonderful 1st dive experiance!”

Pelicano Water Sports
More attraction details
Owner description: Scuba diving, snorkeling, windsurfing, sailing, parasailing, Pelicano Sport offers you adventures from the blue depth of the ocean to the blue of our tropical sky. Pelicano Sport is one of the market’s leaders on the eastern coast of the Dominican Republic in Punta Cana and Bavaro and is recognized as one of the best water sports companies in the Caribbean. Pelicano Sport has its bases in the Ocean Blue & Sands Hotel (5-star) and the VIK Arena Blanca Hotel (4-stars) but also offers first rate service to the clients of the other hotels in the area of Bavaro/Punta Cana. Pelicanosport is a member of the internationally renowned Professional Association of Diving Instructors (PADI), provides highly professional standards and has been cited on many occasions by different magazines such as: ScubaDiving and the German magazine Unterwasser, Tauchen and Taucher for their exceptional diving programs as well as other diverse magazines and exclusive International fotoshoots.
Reviewed 31 March 2014

My boyfriend and I completed our OW diver certifications from start to finish with Pelicano and we had the best experience! Top to bottom, I was impressed with every part! We took an online course before arriving for the theory which was a great way to really feel prepared and learn on our time. It was a surprise present for my boyfriend and Chris communicated with me the entire time leading up to the trip. They picked us up by car the first time and by boat all of the other times (since we were staying at a condo - not at the resort). Josie was our pool instructor and was fantastic! we had 1 on 1 instruction with her which was a great unexpected addition! Josie and Peter brought us out to some great locations for our open water dives. They worked extensively with each of the divers individually and helped them as needed. The team showed a high level of skill and confidence and practiced with a great amount of personality and professionalism. Honestly I was incredibly nervous going into my first diving experience and Pelicano made it an absolute amazing experience. We can not wait to dive again and will for sure be back to dive with Pelicano again! Thank you Chris, Peter, Josie and the rest of the Pelicano team!

Pelicanowatersports, Manager at Pelicano Water Sports, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

thanks for your great review. It is a pleasure for us to show new students the beauty of the ocean. We hope to see you again, to enjoy some more dives with you!

happy bubbles

Reviewed 30 March 2014

My kids and I are new ocean divers and had the opportunity to do some scuba diving at the Pelicano Water Sports Dive shop which is located on the Ocean Blue & Sand Grounds in Punta Cana on Bravaro Beach. They have a friendly, professional staff that promotes safe diving and dive training. Peter L is the dive master and is very friendly and instills confidence. Chris answered all of my questions before we left on vacation so we knew what to expect. Diego and Joyce are very friendly and make the diving a fun experience.They have large dive boats and have good equipment. We did bring our own wetsuits, masks, fins and snorkels, but are available at the dive shop. My two teens completed their open water dive certifications with Pelicano by referral (did the classroom study and confined pool dives at home through a local dive shop). They took us to some great coral dive sites including the Astron wreck site. We saw Lion Fish, Puffer Fish, Rays, Barracuda, and a nurse shark, among many others. Next time I will bring a better camera.
Pellicano Sports and Ocean Blue & Sand is a great place to vacation. We hope to return next year!

Pelicanowatersports, Manager at Pelicano Water Sports, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

thanks for the positive feedback! We are really happy that you and your kids can enjoy now dives together!

We are looking forward to see you again!

Reviewed 23 February 2014

We brought my kids (30+) to Punta Cana to take their open water course. Josie at Pelicano was great with both of them and they had were the only 2 in the class. When possible the class dives were are the same time and location as my husband and my self. I got some great pictures of their learning experience. Dago was our guide on all our dives and he always made it interesting. The staff also assisted with other tours we did. My daughter and my self had a great surf lesson. My husband and son had a great time fishing, catching a Mah Mah and white Marlin.

Pelicanowatersports, Manager at Pelicano Water Sports, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

thanks for your positive review about your experience with our dive center. We are happy that they learned diving with us and became confident and you enjoyed as the whole family your dives.

Reviewed 15 February 2014

Me and my boyfriend Eduardo joined this amazing team in the scuba diving! We have to say thank you again for all the profissionalism, kindness and help! It was a great day for both of us and it couldn't be possible without the high performance of all team members! Thanks to the nicest German lady that we ever met, to Dago and Imka and a special one to Sascha! All the best, see you in the future. Maria & Eduardo

Pelicanowatersports, Manager at Pelicano Water Sports, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

thanks for your positive feedback! We are very happy that you renjoyed your first dive in the ocean! We hope to see you again and have so e more great dives!

Reviewed 6 February 2014

I learnt to dive here last October, and i can only say that this is an excellent school. The dive instructors were very professional, friendly and very calming for an inexperienced diver. Each day I was picked up and dropped off by speed boat to my hotel, the dives were varied and really great sites and the group size was small enough for a beginner to feel comfortable and an experienced diver to still get attention.

Pelicanowatersports, Manager at Pelicano Water Sports, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2014

thanks for your positive feed back!
We are glad to hear that our team made your first diving experience comfortable and enjoyable!

We look forward to dive with you again

your Pelicano Water Sports Team