“Gourmet”

Bamboo Restaurant
Ranked #42 of 328 Restaurants in Punta Cana
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Tucked inside Tortuga Bay, the AAA Four Diamond awarded Bamboo blendsmodern cuisine with Mediterranean influences in a cozy, graceful setting designed by Oscar de la Renta.
Reviewed 16 May 2014

The restaurant itself is a Brand mark for Tortuga Bay; the food is exceptional and both our plate was a nice surprise and delicious. Good wine too and of course the birthday cake surprise was the cherry on top of all!

vcalcerano, General Manager at Bamboo Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2014

Dear Mr. / Mrs. CWS,

First of all, we would like to thank you for taking the time to let us know your comments from your Dining experience at Bamboo Restaurant. As we are deeply committed to achieving our guest’s total satisfaction, your opinion is very important to us.

I will share your comments with my team members!

Once more, thank you for your comments. We hope to be able to welcome you again at Bamboo Restaurant , and give you a “for one- of a- kind’’. Experience

Tel. (809) 959-8229

Reviewed 3 May 2014

As Tortuga Bay guests, we thoroughly enjoyed our several meals at Bamboo. The food quality, variety and preparation were only matched by the exceptional, friendly service. All of our traveling party had wonderful experiences and we eagerly anticipate our next visit.

vcalcerano, General Manager at Bamboo Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2014

Dear Mr. / Mrs. Bob,

On behalf of our team members & myself , thank you for taking the time to write to me and comment on your recent dining experience at Bamboo Restaurant on Tripadvisor It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Once more, thank you for your comments. We hope to be able to welcome you again to Bamboo Restaurant , and give you a “for one- of a- kind’’. Experience

Your sincerely,

Reviewed 20 April 2014

We just returned from our stay at Tortuga Bay last night. When we first arrived last week, we had lunch at Bamboo. The first line spoken to us was "Welcome Home". At the time, we thought this was a weird, gimmicky line, but over our week's stay we realized that this was a perfect description. We at breakfast at Bamboo every morning and had lunch or dinner there (or from there in our room) at least once each day. Breakfast was an impressive display of options that gave each of my wife, myself, and our children (5, 7, and 10) the ability to find something to enjoy (especially the fruit!!!). The lunch and dinner menus have good variety and we were not disappointed by a single thing we ordered.

As much as I can say about the food, I must say that what made Bamboo and Tortuga Bay home was the staff at Bamboo. Over our week stay, we got to know Antonio, Francisco, Juan, Jose, and Ramone. We cannot say enough good things about this quintet. They always greeted us with smiles and stopped to talk with us whenever they saw us. They helped our children learn some Spanish and encouraged them to use it all while making them feel at ease. In fact, the bond between this crew and my family is manifest in my shy 5 year old little girl. She immediately took to these guys and really took a fondness to Juan (he called her his "princesa"). She insisted that I get a picture of Juan and herself so that she can remember her trip. Kudos to Bamboo and their staff! We miss "home" already.

vcalcerano, General Manager at Bamboo Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Dear Mr. / Mrs. Shier,

On behalf of our team members & myself , thank you for taking the time to write to tripadvisor and comment on your recent dining experience at Bamboo Restaurant ! It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I am delighted to read that your expectations were met or exceeded and that you will return to us when you next visit at Bamboo Restaurant. Your feedback is invaluable and much appreciated, as it enables us to constantly monitor and improve the care and service we provide to our guests. I will share your comments with my team members!

I look forward to welcoming you back at Bamboo Restaurant in the future, and give you a "a one - of a kind Leading Experience''.

Tortuga Bay Puntacana Resort & Club

Reviewed 1 April 2014

We dined at Bamboo restaurant as guests of Tortuga Bay Hotel for both breakfast and dinner. For breakfast, which is normally included in your hotel stay, they have meats such as prosciutto, salami, fruit, frittata, fresh juices, smoked salmon, cereals and breads and bagels. Also, several desserts such as banana cake, muffins and my personal favorite the coconut cheese pie. The restaurant is fairly small inside, but they set up tables outside and it's delightful to sit out especially at night. The wine list is much better than La Yola (one of the other restaurant choices) and the service was very good as well. Of all the restaurants, we liked Bamboo the best and ate here the most.

vcalcerano, General Manager at Bamboo Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Dear David,

Your sincerely,

Reviewed 26 March 2014

My wife and I had the pleasure of dining here last week! We arrived early and had a drink at the bar where the bartender warmly greeted us and recommended some great rum to start. Once we were seated we had a great table and the phenomenal service began. Emmanuel took great care of us and recommended a great appetizer, the Serrano ham and the snapper for main course. The table side de boning of the fish was outstanding as was the continued service. I never filled my own wine glass and was impressed start to finish. Bamboo and Emmanuel are first class, a must try if you are staying locally!

1  Thank BirdieMachine
vcalcerano, General Manager at Bamboo Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Dear Mr. / Mrs. Birdie,

First of all, we would like to thank you for taking the time to let us know your comments from your dinner experience at the Bamboo Restaurant. As we are deeply committed to achieving our guest’s total satisfaction, your opinion is very important to us.

Once more, thank you for your comments. We hope to be able to welcome you again at the Bamboo Restaurant , and give you a “for one- of a- kind’’. Experience

Tel. (809) 959-8229