“Variety is the Spice of Life”

Marinarium Excursions - Reef Explorer
Book In Advance
More Info
US$99.00*
and up
Marinarium Shark and Ray Experience
Ranked #22 of 233 Tours in Punta Cana
More attraction details
Owner description: Enjoy a half day multi-activity experience at the Reef Explorer. Take this unique excursion where you will relax on a floating island and discover marine life at the best place in Punta Cana. Have a great snorkeling tour on the reef or spend all the time you want admiring the behavior of our sharks. Feel like a marine biologist for half a day! If you want even more adrenaline, get a close encounte...r with our friendly stingrays and give them a kiss. Take a kayak and hunt the reef waves, then sunbathe on our floating mats or get a relaxing massage. A health bar with fruit juices will refresh your thirst and do not forget our vegetables with dips! Go the speed you want and take the activity you enjoy the most in this unforgettable all inclusive experience at the Reef Explorer. A comfortable bus with A/C is waiting for you now.
San Antonio, Texas
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Variety is the Spice of Life”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Miguelito, Thank you for the wonderful experience on the Reef Explorer Excursion. My family and I loved the variety of activities that are offered on this excursion. It was my first time holding a sting ray and literally was face to face with this lovely sea creature. It was also my first time using the propulsion equipment for snorkeling which was a blast. We discovered many different types of sea life such as spotted eel, trumpet fish, sergeant major fish, sea urchins, when the family did the snorkeling portion of the activities. My husband tried paddle boarding and I enjoyed watching him trying to stand and balance. We then had fun with the sea kayaks. After all the fun activities, I treated myself to a extremely relaxing massage to top off the day. If you like variety, then this is the excursion to go on.

Ashland, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Thank you Hector and friends!!”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

This was a great experience and one we aren't likely to forget! We swam with nurse sharks, sting rays (de-stung), and tropical fish on a coral reef. The excursion had a complimentary massage, snacks, and lounging areas on a platform in the ocean. Well worth the expense and time! Highly recommended!!!

1 Thank Janis R
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Lots to do!”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

This was my first time EVER snorkeling, so I don't have anything to compare it to, but it was enjoyable overall. They do make you wear a floating device around your waist, but I liked that. It made floating on the edge easier. If you have your own snorkeling gear, it's likely it'll be better than what they offer, so bring it! There was plenty there to keep us busy. We saw nurse sharks, stingrays, they offered to sell us the picture of us holding the stingray, and we could snorkel around the whole fenced area a few times during our stay. There were portapotties for the bathroom (for #1 only) and they offered an included 15 minute massage which was alright (the woman me and my friend had could've had smoother hands, honestly). They included some snacks (muffins, granola bars, fruit, etc), drinks, and water. No alcohol allowed until offering a toast with Mama Juana at the very end (for safety concerns, I assume). You can use powered scuba diving equipment, paddleboard, snorkel, etc. Good times! Next time though, I'll look for a place with more exciting fish and maybe slightly clearer water, if possible.

Visited March 2014
Mattawan, Michigan
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Fun and friendly experience”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Overall, it was a good experience. We did swim with nurse sharks, and stingrays. We got to hold stingrays, got massages, snorkeled...All for one price. The snorkeling was ok. I have been many other places that was better, but for Only the snorkeling part, I give it a 3 out of 5. Everything else was pretty good.

1 Thank Shane C
Seattle, Washington
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“excursion”
Reviewed 6 April 2014

was a good time. adequate safety and time in the water. decent snorkeling, but you wear a waist vest so you cannot dive to get great photos.