“Kite in Paradise”
Review of Bavaro Kite School

Bavaro Kite School
More attraction details
Owner description: Bavaro Kite School at Bavaro Beach is located in the heart of Bavaro on the estern coast of Dominican Republic a great place to learn kiteboarding. With warm weather, good trade winds and calm waters there is no better place to learn this wonderful and exiting sport. The wind blows from the east north east which creates perfect side-onshore kiteboarding conditions.Bavaro KiteSchool is the best place in Bavaro-Punta Cana to learn kiteboarding in a safe and fun environment. It will make your holiday in the Dominican Republic so much more enjoyable and exciting.
Our school’s main goals are safety, quality and last but not least, LOTS OF FUN!Our Instructors are multilingual and IKO Certefied. We teach kiteboarding using the latest gear and equipment available on the market (CrazyFly Kites and Boards). We’re the Exclusive CrazyFly Baords & Kites test center for all Bavaro , one of the best manufacturers of kiteboarding gear in the world.We look forward in seeing you in the water soon!
Reviewed 8 February 2014

I've spent three weeks in Dominican Republic in January 2014 on kitesurfing holiday. We had a week without wind and the rest with moderate strength. 12-18 knots. Felipe's beach is very nice, butter flat water even with strongest wind and amazing scenery. Launch area is a bit tight but still comfortable enough and water is shallow so water launch is easy. I just entered intermediate level on my previous trip and this time thanks to Bavaro Kite School, Felipe and Edwin, I've progressed a lot. This guys know how to tweak you and get maximum out of you and given conditions. For most days my board 136x41 was to small and I was using school board free of charge.
I can perform controlled jumps and pops now and change of directions I do with ease. Before I was dipping in to turn and jump was science fiction for me. They really made me happy. On the days without wind in Punta Cana we traveled to Salinas in SW, wicked kitesurfing also and best seafood ever.
Felipe is great dude and very good teacher, he speaks very good english and he is also very well spoken and educated. Interesting guy to sit on the beach while waiting for wind to build up or when having a break. All in all memorable experience and if I go back to Dominican I will definitely hook up with these guys to have session with them.

All reviews
"crew"
in 6 reviews
"shore"

Reviewed 9 January 2014 via mobile

Girlfriend surprised me for Xmas with 3hrs kit rental from Bavaro Kite School. Felipe had a brand new 11m pumped up and all set up when I arrived. All round nice guy with a very unique spot to kite at. Big thanks to Felipe for making my session very memorable. Only me and one guy having a lesson. Crystal clear water. If you're at Punta Cana make sure you get in touch with BKB.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

Disappointing experience overall, as the service purchased was not fully provided.

I was on holidays for 10 days in Punta Cana with the family, and decided to take some kite surfing lessons.
I took a 9 hours private lessons package (3 times 3 hours), and agreed on it by email with Felipe. He insisted me paying part of it before my trip, which I did, and told me he will write to me closer to the dates of my trip to tell me which days the courses will happen.
However as the trip approached I didn't get any emails from him, and had to chase him to get him to give me the exact days when he would pick me up.

The 2 first were ok, however too slow I believe, as there were other students he had to help as well, or that had to use the same kite.

For the 3rd day it was worse though, Felipe told me after the 2nd day that we probably won't be able to do a 3rd day, because there won't be enough wind, however there were at least 4 days before my departure date with enough wind.

I chased him afterwards by email and got a commitment for the 3rd day, which he finally confirmed.

However as he arrived to pick me up at 7am, on the way to the beach, he told me that he can't make it a private lesson as he has another student to teach at the same time.

As a result, that day instead of spending the last 3 hours of trying to ride correctly, I spent barely 40mn trying to ride, as Felipe was busy with the other student, and had only one kite open.

I was pretty disappointed, as not only I did not get what I paid for (we agreed on 9hrs private lessons, and I got barely 6.40hrs), but I also cancelled an excursion with my family that day, just to spend 3 hours waiting in the water for Felipe to be free.

I believe that one should at least communicate these kind of changes in advance, not on the way to the lesson, this is simple respect and correct management of time.

I think that Felipe is not a bad teacher, but he is not well organized as he seems to be more concerned about maximizing profits rather than focus on a better service for his students.

As a result, you will not get what you pay for, and will leave unsatisfied.

6  Thank Anonymech
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I went to Punta Cana for a convention and I could meet Felipe for just two days.
Thanks for the opportunity to kite in Punta Cana
Felipe share his experience plus some inspiration that really make a pretty difference, I mean

Deep blue and reefs, natural... Ohhh
I will be back there for a week for sure!!

1  Thank Nando S