“Kite in paradise” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bavaro Kite School

Bavaro Kite School
More attraction details
Owner description: Bavaro Kite School at Bavaro Beach is located in the heart of Bavaro on the estern coast of Dominican Republic a great place to learn kiteboarding. With warm weather, good trade winds and calm waters there is no better place to learn this wonderful and exiting sport. The wind blows from the east north east which creates perfect side-onshore kiteboarding conditions.Bavaro KiteSchool is the best place in Bavaro-Punta Cana to learn kiteboarding in a safe and fun environment. It will make your holiday in the Dominican Republic so much more enjoyable and exciting.
Our school’s main goals are safety, quality and last but not least, LOTS OF FUN!Our Instructors are multilingual and IKO Certefied. We teach kiteboarding using the latest gear and equipment available on the market (CrazyFly Kites and Boards). We’re the Exclusive CrazyFly Baords & Kites test center for all Bavaro , one of the best manufacturers of kiteboarding gear in the world.We look forward in seeing you in the water soon!
“Kite in paradise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

Words can't explain- Felipe definatly made the Vaca. Beautiful beach to kite, great instruction. He spoke to the can driver for directions- was about 30 min from hard rock Friendly all around. Would recommend to everyone and will be planning a trip back just repeat the experience . Again words don't do justice to how beautiful it was . Thanks Felipe!! Josh C

Visited April 2014

Montreal, Canada
“First Time Kitesurfing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

Wow, even better that i can describe. When i was looking to see with whom i would book, Felipe was teh first to reply and better he even called me. That was enough for me, i booked him.
He came to pick me up at the hotel and off we went. The first day was a basic day and all i wanted to hit the water. He assured me that what we are doing would be worth it.
Well he was right, by the end of the second day, i was in the water with a board under my feet.
Filipe, thanks so much for your personal touch and amazing lessons.
See you again soon

Visited March 2014
Saskatoon, Canada
“FELIPE! YOU'RE AWESOME BUDDY!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014

Felipe really helped me to progress in kiting. I came with the ability to ride, but not that well. I went from being able to jump erratically and likely crash, to being able to go 15+ feet and control my flight then land. He also improved my upwind skill and corrected many a bad habit for me. January was a bit hit and miss for wind but he made sure to fit me in, and we even went a few hours away to a spot that was really awesome with practically guaranteed wind for ~9m kites. Bavaro area is likely to be a bit softer with ~12m winds. Hit Felipe up for some lessons when you come down, he and Edwin definitely know what they are doing.

Visited January 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
“Kitesurf DR”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014

Great experience with Felipe! 3 days of lessons got me up and cooking. Beach is onshore and VERY shallow at low tide but otherwise perfect... quiet, secluded, flat water. Out of the resort and into heaven.
Thanks to Felipe for a very cool experience, great instruction. Thanks also to Edwin who taught me on the 3rd day: great job!

Visited February 2014
Belgrade, Serbia
“Kite in Paradise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014

I've spent three weeks in Dominican Republic in January 2014 on kitesurfing holiday. We had a week without wind and the rest with moderate strength. 12-18 knots. Felipe's beach is very nice, butter flat water even with strongest wind and amazing scenery. Launch area is a bit tight but still comfortable enough and water is shallow so water launch is easy. I just entered intermediate level on my previous trip and this time thanks to Bavaro Kite School, Felipe and Edwin, I've progressed a lot. This guys know how to tweak you and get maximum out of you and given conditions. For most days my board 136x41 was to small and I was using school board free of charge.
I can perform controlled jumps and pops now and change of directions I do with ease. Before I was dipping in to turn and jump was science fiction for me. They really made me happy. On the days without wind in Punta Cana we traveled to Salinas in SW, wicked kitesurfing also and best seafood ever.
Felipe is great dude and very good teacher, he speaks very good english and he is also very well spoken and educated. Interesting guy to sit on the beach while waiting for wind to build up or when having a break. All in all memorable experience and if I go back to Dominican I will definitely hook up with these guys to have session with them.

Visited January 2014