“Seaweed and sand fleas! Bahia Principe Punta Cana”
Review of Bavaro Beach

US$59.00*
Catamaran and Snorkel Tour of Punta Cana
Ranked #1 of 96 things to do in Punta Cana
Reviewed 11 August 2012

We just got back from Bahia Principe after 2 weeks vacation last night. The seaweed is absolutely horrible. I have been going to PC every years for about 12 years and have never seen it like that before. The workers worked constantly to clean it up, but it is an on going battle.

Swimming in the ocean is brutal, the seaweed just wraps around your legs, the water is full of it and it looks dirty. I guess this is why there is an invasion of sand fleas. My legs are bitten all over from my knees down and they are terribly itchy. If you're heading down take lots of bug spray.

The resort itself is gorgeous but VERY busy. When we left yesterday they were loading up three big buses....and that was just for Air Transat. The food was very repetitious. After one week, we could have walked blind folded through the buffets. On theme nights, it was basically the same buffet, just tweaked a bit.
The rooms are cleaned very late in the day, many times we turned the maids away because we had just came in from a long day in the sun and didn't want to go back outside. Our rooms were cleaned usually between 4 and 5 pm. Some days they were a no show for our teenagers rooms.
The maids are extremely overworked, they need to hire more.

I found the staff to be unfriendly as well. Probably because they were so busy. We were blown off in the buffet on several occasions trying to get drinks. The night before last, I went and got wine glasses and filled them with water. It's all I could find. I tried to stop several staff members but they just kept racing by us.

This was our second visit to the Bahia Principe Club Golden. Would I go back ? No.

There are newer reviews for Bavaro Beach

Reviewed 10 August 2012

The beach in front of the Iberostar Grand Bavaro couldn't be better! Warm water, soft sand, etc! Enjoy!

Reviewed 9 August 2012

This beach is beautiful. The sand is so soft and the water is so clear and blue. I have never seen anything like this before. I loved it. Wonderful and worth it.

Reviewed 8 August 2012

Same as most beaches on the island. Locals constantly harassing you to buy things from them, beautiful water, beautiful sand, fat ugly people topless.

Reviewed 7 August 2012

it was a great beach.. amazing water.. can not go wrong.. we will be back.

On a hot day the water is warm, like amzingly warm.