After reading through the reviews, and actually staying here, I'm not sure if I just tolerate things better than others, or the people reviewing this property are idiots.
The first compalint you read about this resort is the food. Being an American, and coming to this resort, the food in no way is as good as we get in the States. Where else in the world is food as good as it in the States anyway? If you are a picky eater, do not go to this resort. The food is average at best. I am not a picky person, and realized my surroundings. I did not complain about the food, but I did not praise it. The food is abundant though and you will not be hungry. Good food items: pizza by the pool, the seafood in either buffet, Japanese restaurant (most like home) breakfast in the buffet area i.e. crepes, donuts, omelettes. And even thought the steak in the Steahouse are poor quality, I appreciated the grilled flavor.
Other major comaplint is the seaweed on the beach. and yes, ther is a lot. There are patches of the water that are clear though and great for hanging out and snorkeling. They do have resort workers everywhere cleaning it up, most of the time. beach is big, plenty of chairs to sit in. BEWARE: topless sunbathing is piopular here. Didn't bother me too much, but most of us are not use to that.
Resort is beautiful, well maintained. Some areas of the resort do need an upgrade, but I never once saw anywhere that made me unhappy. Bar tenders all over the resort are great. Our room was good, A/C worked all the time, almost too well, sun glasses would fog up everytime we came out of the room. Shower is a bit small, but not worth a complaint. PILLOWS WERE NOT LUMPY! But we were in the Privileged section. Never orderd room service. Never had a problem anywhere on the resort with service at all. Onyl time service was a bit slow was the buffet area in the main lobby. They would not awlays bring you a drink or napkin when you sat down with food. So we would get up, walk the 20 ft back to the buffet and get what we needed, or we would ask a worker, and they brought it over quickly.
The resort is big. Unless you are disabled or elderly, you should not have a problem walking around it though. It is not big enough to be a burden.
Would I come back to this resort? Probably not. Would I come back with a group of people who wanted a good expericence for the money they are spending? Yes.
Do not come here if you want peace and quite all week. Stay on the adults only side called the Royal Catalonia Bavaro. This is an upbeat resort with something going on all the time.
Giving this a 3 out of 5 is a bit low, but I can't give it a 4 out of 5.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A magnificent hotel resort with exclusive, white sandy beaches, crystalline Caribbean waters, palm trees lining the coast and abundant vegetation throughout the complex. Coral reefs along the beach allow guests to enjoy the rich marine life of the Caribbean Sea. It is located in Playa Cabeza de Toro (Punta Cana), one of the best beach areas in the Dominican Republic. The complex is situated 20 km from the International Airport of Punta Cana and 47 km from Higuey. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Catalonia Bavaro Beach, Casino & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Bavaro Beach Hotel
- Catalonia Punta Cana
- Catalonia Bavaro Beach Golf & Casino Resort
- Catalonia Bavaro Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Catalonia Bavaro
- Catalonia Bavaro Beach Resort
- Catalonia Bavaro Resort Punta Cana
- Catalonia Hotel Punta Cana
- Catalonia Resort Punta Cana
- Catalonia Bavaro Hotel