I went with a group and we all changed our rooms at least once. Our room had mold and my husband sneezed all night. Also, since there were no electrical outlets next to the bed, he could not use his CPAP machine. We asked for an extension cord, but the request was taken seriously. The next day he told them he would pay for the cord if they would take him to the store. They eventually found us a cord and moved us to another room.
The second room did not smell of mold but later in the evening we found little ant like bugs in the sink and on the counter. We used our Off to kill the bugs. The Off kept the bugs away. We think they came in through the gaps around the faucet. There were several large gaps in the grout around the shower faucet and shower. The tub was worn and the faucets had rust all over them. The resort also needs to improve the lighting on the grounds and in the rooms.
Also, the resort did not do a good job of telling guest what was planned for the day. They could use a resort channel with daily events, important numbers, and hotel extras posted and updated when events are cancelled due to weather.
We went on the Boggy excursion and booked it through Wilson Santos who was very nice. We really enjoyed the adventure. When the travel agent representive, Felipe, found out we booked through Tour Pointe, he became very upset and stated tried to scare us into thinking the excursion would not be good and that he could not ensure our safety. Well, he insisted I get my money back and book with Funtrips. Tour Point has a booth on the property by the pools and appear to be a legitimate business. There brochures can be found in the front lobby with other literature. I thought the Funtrips representative was inappropriate to imply we would have a terrible time. We understand they are competiting for business, but they shoul not be allowed to use scare tactics. All of the guest are there to have good time, maybe Funtrips could have found another excursion for us that Tour Pointe did not offer.
Finally, the food was less than desirable. If you go, eat at the dining hall at the edge of the beach. The pool and beach were nice. Overall the staff was pleasant. Anna is the resorts gold mine. Go to anything she leading! She is so friendly and helps guest meet and interact. Anna you are the best!
The grounds are beautiful but it is time for them to reinvest and upgrade the property.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A magnificent hotel resort with exclusive, white sandy beaches, crystalline Caribbean waters, palm trees lining the coast and abundant vegetation throughout the complex. Coral reefs along the beach allow guests to enjoy the rich marine life of the Caribbean Sea. It is located in Playa Cabeza de Toro (Punta Cana), one of the best beach areas in the Dominican Republic. The complex is situated 20 km from the International Airport of Punta Cana and 47 km from Higuey. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Holiday Gems, Odigeo, LoveHolidays, Prestigia, Booking.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Catalonia Bavaro Beach, Casino & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Bavaro Beach Hotel
- Catalonia Punta Cana
- Catalonia Bavaro Beach Golf & Casino Resort
- Catalonia Bavaro Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Catalonia Bavaro
- Catalonia Bavaro Beach Resort
- Catalonia Bavaro Resort Punta Cana
- Catalonia Hotel Punta Cana
- Catalonia Resort Punta Cana
- Catalonia Bavaro Hotel