I've stayed at the Catalonia in Bayahibe twice before and really enjoyed it. I found this resort to be similar in terms of services. I really like how they give you a bracelet according to what language you speak so they know how to address you. The grounds were beautiful, the employees friendly and the facilities nice. Some bars made better drinks than others with the best being the lobby bar though the pool bar was fun. We stayed in a regular room and found no fault with it. It was cleaned well and the fridge well stocked. The wifi was good and sitting outside on the balcony, we could get a signal though sometimes weak. The food wasn't as good as the resort in Bayahibe but at no time were we hungry. We preferred breakfast at the beach restaurant - we were in a block right near the pool (not privilege). Pizza at the pool was very tasty. We loved the creperie. I didn't feel any pressure to tip though we did if we felt the person deserved it. I didn't see too many people waving money around at the bars.
The beach was very nice and despite it being Canadian March Break, it didn't feel too busy. We always got a palapa even though we only wandered to the beach around 9ish. The water was nice and great for kayaking. The reefs were nice to look at - the starfish too! There was sea grass in the water which wasn't always nice but the beach was cleaned well. We walked far down the beach towards Bavaro and found a section of beach just past Dreams Palm Beach that was just spectacular (45 min walk maybe?). We saw how crowded and dirty some beaches were and were happy with ours. Animation looked like fun but we didn't join in - we just wanted to relax. I'd go back, but I'd like to visit other areas first.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A magnificent hotel resort with exclusive, white sandy beaches, crystalline Caribbean waters, palm trees lining the coast and abundant vegetation throughout the complex. Coral reefs along the beach allow guests to enjoy the rich marine life of the Caribbean Sea. It is located in Playa Cabeza de Toro (Punta Cana), one of the best beach areas in the Dominican Republic. The complex is situated 20 km from the International Airport of Punta Cana and 47 km from Higuey. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, TravelUp, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Catalonia Bavaro Beach, Casino & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Bavaro Beach Hotel
- Catalonia Punta Cana
- Catalonia Bavaro Beach Golf & Casino Resort
- Catalonia Bavaro Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Catalonia Bavaro
- Catalonia Bavaro Beach Resort
- Catalonia Bavaro Resort Punta Cana
- Catalonia Hotel Punta Cana
- Catalonia Resort Punta Cana
- Catalonia Bavaro Hotel