I usually don't write reviews but I couldn't wait to write a review for the Catalonia Bavaro!
I'll start off with saying my mom and I travelled with Air Transat/Nolitours and had a great experience. Our reps Max and Carolina answered all our questions to their best abilities. Once we got to the resort at about 12pm, our rooms were not ready till about 3:30pm so they said we were free to roam the resort, eat, go to the beach, etc.
Food: I went to both buffets and All a la cartes except the mexican restaurant. I prefered the Gran Caribe buffet only because it had a wider variety of food and we always preferred sitting in Freddy's section; thanks to him! The wait in the italian restaurant to be served is a little long but the food was good. I went to the steakhouse twice and our first time Junior was our server and oh was he a great one! The japanese restaurant was a great experience as they cook the food right in front of you.
Entertainment: Definetely my favourite part. Big thanks to the entertainment crew, Leonel, Diana, Ana, Fernando and everyone else! I went to every show and my favourite ones were Brazillian, Michael Jackson and Mr. Catalonia! The disco was a bit dead at first but once people started coming and the music picked up it was lots of fun. I went to two Bachata lessons, one on the beach and one by the pool; Leonel was a great teacher!
Rooms: Room decor is a bit dated and shower curtain is a bit short but A/C was fine and we were barely in our rooms anyways. Our rooms were always cleaned very nicely and an extremely big thanks to our housekeeper Anna was fantastic! (We stayed in villa 703)
Beach: The beach is beautiful, lots of palm trees for shade. We usually went to the beach around 12pm and usually always found beach chairs.
We went on one excursion to Saona Island via Catamaran and Speed Boat, it was great except the fact that i did get sick from the food on the excursion, I was fine the next day thankfully!
Overall I loved the resort and i WILL be returning with more people next year, I miss everyone dearly and I recommend this resort to everyone!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A magnificent hotel resort with exclusive, white sandy beaches, crystalline Caribbean waters, palm trees lining the coast and abundant vegetation throughout the complex. Coral reefs along the beach allow guests to enjoy the rich marine life of the Caribbean Sea. It is located in Playa Cabeza de Toro (Punta Cana), one of the best beach areas in the Dominican Republic. The complex is situated 20 km from the International Airport of Punta Cana and 47 km from Higuey. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with 5viajes2012 S.L., Expedia, Prestigia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Catalonia Bavaro Beach, Casino & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Bavaro Beach Hotel
- Catalonia Punta Cana
- Catalonia Bavaro Beach Golf & Casino Resort
- Catalonia Bavaro Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Catalonia Bavaro
- Catalonia Bavaro Beach Resort
- Catalonia Bavaro Resort Punta Cana
- Catalonia Hotel Punta Cana
- Catalonia Resort Punta Cana
- Catalonia Bavaro Hotel