Catalonia Bavaro Beach, Casino & Golf Resort
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Toronto, Canada
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I usually don't write reviews but I couldn't wait to write a review for the Catalonia Bavaro!

I'll start off with saying my mom and I travelled with Air Transat/Nolitours and had a great experience. Our reps Max and Carolina answered all our questions to their best abilities. Once we got to the resort at about 12pm, our rooms were not ready till about 3:30pm so they said we were free to roam the resort, eat, go to the beach, etc.

Food: I went to both buffets and All a la cartes except the mexican restaurant. I prefered the Gran Caribe buffet only because it had a wider variety of food and we always preferred sitting in Freddy's section; thanks to him! The wait in the italian restaurant to be served is a little long but the food was good. I went to the steakhouse twice and our first time Junior was our server and oh was he a great one! The japanese restaurant was a great experience as they cook the food right in front of you.

Entertainment: Definetely my favourite part. Big thanks to the entertainment crew, Leonel, Diana, Ana, Fernando and everyone else! I went to every show and my favourite ones were Brazillian, Michael Jackson and Mr. Catalonia! The disco was a bit dead at first but once people started coming and the music picked up it was lots of fun. I went to two Bachata lessons, one on the beach and one by the pool; Leonel was a great teacher!

Rooms: Room decor is a bit dated and shower curtain is a bit short but A/C was fine and we were barely in our rooms anyways. Our rooms were always cleaned very nicely and an extremely big thanks to our housekeeper Anna was fantastic! (We stayed in villa 703)

Beach: The beach is beautiful, lots of palm trees for shade. We usually went to the beach around 12pm and usually always found beach chairs.

We went on one excursion to Saona Island via Catamaran and Speed Boat, it was great except the fact that i did get sick from the food on the excursion, I was fine the next day thankfully!

Overall I loved the resort and i WILL be returning with more people next year, I miss everyone dearly and I recommend this resort to everyone!

7 Thank Janel_L1
Cataloniabav, Director General at Catalonia Bavaro Beach, Casino & Golf Resort, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Dear JanelL1:

Thank you for sharing such an enthusiastic review about your recent stay with us.

I'm really glad to read that you and your mom enjoyed the facilities of Catalonia Bávaro, like our variety of food and restaurants, our Entertainment team (great to read that you took our Bachata's lesson) and our beach.

We really look forward to seeing you soon at Catalonia Bávaro. In your next trip we will show you some Merengue's steps!

Have a great day!

CATALONIA BÁVARO Beach, Golf & Casino Resort *****

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (923)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
brampton
Reviewed 28 April 2014

The staff (Ezequiel) and resort is beautiful. Everyone is super nice and the beach is amazing. There were no problems at all and the food was also very good. I love the fact there are various restaurant and food.

1 Thank Geeta121
Dear Geeta121,

We are delighted to read how much you enjoyed your holiday with us at Catalonia Bávaro and sincerely appreciate you taking the time to post a review of your experience.

Thank you for acknowledging positive elements of your holiday as well as your feedback in regards the various restaurants and food.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Brampton, Canada
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Staff were very friendly and kind. All entertainment was well organized. Ezequiel was a very great dancer in the disco. No problems occurred in this vacation and everything all together was beautifully put together.

2 Thank Ksaini99
Dear Ksaini99:

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about Catalonia Bávaro on TripAdvisor and for rating us Excellent.

It is a pleasure to read from your review that you had enjoyed your recent stay with us and that you were particularly pleased with the service.

Look forward to welcoming you back.

Best regards!

Noisy-le-Roi, France
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Excellent team for animation thanks to Anna, Diana, La pluma, Ezequiel, Leonel, Franklin, José, Condolito Miguel ;) y todos Los Otros !!
In addition the house keeping ladies do a great job and are always available for you.
Special thanks to Bernadette of Look Voyage who is really doing much more than expected keeping her smile all day.
Cheers
Christian

2 Thank 2cri
Dear Mr. Christian:

Thank you for sharing your experience about your recent stay at Catalonia Bávaro.

Thank you for your great comments about some of our staff members: Anna, Diana, La pluma, Ezequiel, Leonel, Franklin, José, Condorito, Miguel and the lovely Bernadette!! They will be glad to know that they helped you to create a memorable vacation.

We are looking forward to seeing you soon at Catalonia Bávaro!

Have a great day.

New-Brunswick
Reviewed 28 April 2014

great resort..traveled with 3 other women, an all girls vacation..arrived at resort late evening check in went smoothly however they mixed up my key card with my friends keycard so could not get into my room, our rooms were not close so we waited for our luggage to be delivered to our room and the guy went to get us good keys...rooms were well rooms we sleep, shower and change there...we were in block 21 close to pool and beach, lobby was only a 5 minute walk away and you can walk under shade or in the sun. Very easy resort to get around. Food was ok...buffet not big selection but always found something to eat, we always tried to sit at pedros table, he always greeted us with a smile...we ate at the steakhouse (best a la carte), japanese (not so good, was very disappointed) and mexican (as my son would say... meh)...beach was great BUT if you want shade (or chairs for that matter) go save them by 6am but PLEASE go use them...we saw places saved and no one showed up all day, we sat out in the hot sun on the sand with no shade cause of these people, i was up at 6:20 and got last of the shaded spots and people still stole our chairs, we would be back at the beach by 9:30 except our last day cause we had to pack up and check out....the grounds are kept very clean...pool area was clean but we didn't spend much time there prefered the beach...medical clinic was great help to me, i broke my wrist second day on vacation and they were of great help to me,contacting my insurance and the medical center in punta cana to let them know i was going for xrays and to get taken care of...entertainment team very good, they work hard to entertain you all day and night, great job guys...the only thing that would stop me from returning would be the selection of food, not alot of choices in the buffet, seen much better selection in other resorts however i did not starve.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Tanya1969
Dear Tanya1969,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at Catalonia Bávaro.

I would like to thank you for choosing us for this girl’s trip. I'm glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I'm sorry about your broken wrist just starting your vacation; thankfully our medical clinic provided you with an excellent service.

We are sorry that you found our food only to be OK and that you had some trouble to find a beach chair. We are working on improving some services from our hotel; in order our guest can receive a better service.

We really hope to see you back at Catalonia Bávaro for your next vacation!

Best regards!

Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I just returned from a 10 day trip at Catalonia and had a great time overall. The only reason I wouldnt rate the resort a 5 star is because I have been to more expensive and fancier resorts, but for the price I would definitely recommed the Catalonia. In short, I have no major complaints...

The food was good overall, and I found all 4 of the A La Cartes to be great. The Mexican was my favourite but all were fantastic. Drinks were very good and all of the bar staff were very helpful especially Jisselle at the pool bar :) I especially loved the pizzeria!

The entertainment team was really friendly and SO much fun...special thanks to Ana, Franklin, Ezequiel and Big Mama :) My only complaint there was that we were there for 10 days yet didnt get to enjoy a beach party because it was only offered every 2 weeks, not every week like on the website.

The resort as a whole was a little older and it showed in the pool and a bit in the room, but it was very clean and well maintained. The grounds are gorgeous and the beach is kept very clean. The room was a good size and we did not need to upgrade.

My only complaints were the lack of chairs...had to be up at 6am to get a good one...and the people around the pool and beach selling day trips all day long. We did go on one excursion...the catamaran trip....which was a bit of a nightmare. Rough water, seasickness, endless people trying to sell us stuff, no shade, and the open bar consisted of rum and warm coke. But anyways, nothing to do with the resort.

I only watched one of the shows, the Micheal Jackson show, and it was fantastic.

Anyways, I'm sure anyone that visits this resort will have a great time :) I miss it so much :(

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Laurelle L
Dear Laurelle L:

Thank you for posting your comment about your recent stay at Catalonia Bávaro.

I loved to read that you are missing us and you didn't want to leave. I am also delighted to read that you have been overall impressed with the quality of our hotel and service. Your great comments will serve as an added inspiration to consistently maintain the high standards.

I would like to apologize for the inconvenience with the beach chair. We are working on improving this area in order we can provide a greater service to our guest.

We are looking forward to seeing you soon!!

Have a great day!

Brampton, Canada
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I enjoyed the 7 day vacation at Catalonia. Beautiful resort and Amazing BEACH! The entertainers were so talented and every show was worth the watch. The service was wonderful and very friendly.
My only complaint would be the rooms. Our air conditioning was not working properly and the room was not as clean as I would like it to be. Although I am not a person to "complain" therefore we just made do ;)

Awesome food and drinks! Our bartender Angelo at the lobby bar was our "prince" :) He made amazing surprise drinks and was always accommodating. A cheerful young server with a super personality!! Missing you already Angelo!!!!

I enjoyed the resort and the beautiful employees who made our stay memorable. I would most definatley go back again.:))

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mohnie
Dear Mohnie:

I would like to thank you for posting your comment about your recent stay at Catalonia Bávaro.

Thank you for your comments about our nighttime entertainment and the service received from our staff. I'm glad to read that Angelo provided you an excellent service.

Please receive my apologies for the inconveniences with your rooms.

We truly hope to see back really soon at Catalonia Bávaro!

Best Regards.

Catalonia Royal Bavaro
Catalonia Royal Bavaro
#48 of 112 in Punta Cana
Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar Green Don Pablo Collection

Been to Catalonia Bavaro Beach, Casino & Golf Resort? Share your experiences!