Catalonia Bavaro Beach, Casino & Golf Resort
US$230
US$639
Iberostar.com
  • Breakfast included
Paradisus Punta Cana Resort(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$342
US$287
US$553
Bookit.com
US$291
US$255
US$907
Bookit.com
The Westin Puntacana Resort & Club(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$280
US$210
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$408
US$344
  • Breakfast included
Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$462
TripAdvisor
US$463
TripAdvisor
11,406 results
All reviewsprivileged sectionyucahammock on the balconymain buffetrodeo steakhousea la carte restaurantspool barjapanese restaurantroyal sidepalm treesanimation teamdominican republichot dogsnachosjunior suitegrounds are beautifullot of seaweed
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Very good hotel! Good place, ocean, food, animation. I liked all shows, especially circus. Animation helped noT to be boring and did a lot of activities. The best in animation Miguel Cedano animation condorito. It was a good time we spend there!

• Stayed: December 2013
Cataloniabav, Director General at Catalonia Bavaro Beach, Casino & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Dear Alena P:

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us at Catalonia Bávaro and that you were very happy with the quality of product and services provided to our guests within the resort.

Once again, thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor and for recommending our hotel. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Catalonia Bávaro.

Best Regards.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

This was my first all inclusive vacation. I had a great time, the resort is gorgeous and the staff was constantly doing ground maintenance and clean up to keep it that way. The staff was super friendly, and there was lots to see and do. The rooms were a tad dated, but I didn’t expect luxury. The air conditioner worked great, rooms cleaned and restocked daily, no issues there. My ONLY complaints about this resort is that all the “vodka” in the Smirnoff bottles is actually TEQUILA. If you want vodka, you have to go to a premium bar on the resort, and pay $4 per drink. We were thankful for an onsite market which had Stoli for $29 per 26er which we purchased daily as we only drink vodka, but not happy as we paid for an all inclusive trip.

The food was fair, the buffet had a large selection, but my steak was raw at the steakhouse (asked for rare, they over cooked others in my group) as well as my chicken at the Italian restaurant was raw, and we spent 1.5 hours there. The Japanese was by far the best, very tender calamari and delicious beef and chicken.

Over all this was a great trip, but if you want vodka, I’d stop at the duty free and stock your room prior to arrival.

Thank you to our housekeeper Maria and our favourite server Pedro in the dining room!

Room Tip: Stay in the adults only Royal side, premium vodka is included, 2 floor suits with floor to ceiling windows, and private cool tub in front.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Holly A
Cataloniabav, Director General at Catalonia Bavaro Beach, Casino & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2014

Dear Holly A:

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at Catalonia Bávaro.

I'm really glad to read that you enjoyed our facilities.

I'm really sorry about the experience you had with our Vodka and some plates at our restaurant. I will pass your comments to our F&B Director, in order we can improve this area.

Once again thank you for your comments, we hope you give us another chance to pamper you as you deserve.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 29 April 2014

I usually don't write reviews but I couldn't wait to write a review for the Catalonia Bavaro!

I'll start off with saying my mom and I travelled with Air Transat/Nolitours and had a great experience. Our reps Max and Carolina answered all our questions to their best abilities. Once we got to the resort at about 12pm, our rooms were not ready till about 3:30pm so they said we were free to roam the resort, eat, go to the beach, etc.

Food: I went to both buffets and All a la cartes except the mexican restaurant. I prefered the Gran Caribe buffet only because it had a wider variety of food and we always preferred sitting in Freddy's section; thanks to him! The wait in the italian restaurant to be served is a little long but the food was good. I went to the steakhouse twice and our first time Junior was our server and oh was he a great one! The japanese restaurant was a great experience as they cook the food right in front of you.

Entertainment: Definetely my favourite part. Big thanks to the entertainment crew, Leonel, Diana, Ana, Fernando and everyone else! I went to every show and my favourite ones were Brazillian, Michael Jackson and Mr. Catalonia! The disco was a bit dead at first but once people started coming and the music picked up it was lots of fun. I went to two Bachata lessons, one on the beach and one by the pool; Leonel was a great teacher!

Rooms: Room decor is a bit dated and shower curtain is a bit short but A/C was fine and we were barely in our rooms anyways. Our rooms were always cleaned very nicely and an extremely big thanks to our housekeeper Anna was fantastic! (We stayed in villa 703)

Beach: The beach is beautiful, lots of palm trees for shade. We usually went to the beach around 12pm and usually always found beach chairs.

We went on one excursion to Saona Island via Catamaran and Speed Boat, it was great except the fact that i did get sick from the food on the excursion, I was fine the next day thankfully!

Overall I loved the resort and i WILL be returning with more people next year, I miss everyone dearly and I recommend this resort to everyone!

7  Thank Janel_L1
Cataloniabav, Director General at Catalonia Bavaro Beach, Casino & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Dear JanelL1:

Thank you for sharing such an enthusiastic review about your recent stay with us.

I'm really glad to read that you and your mom enjoyed the facilities of Catalonia Bávaro, like our variety of food and restaurants, our Entertainment team (great to read that you took our Bachata's lesson) and our beach.

We really look forward to seeing you soon at Catalonia Bávaro. In your next trip we will show you some Merengue's steps!

Have a great day!

Reviewed 28 April 2014

The staff (Ezequiel) and resort is beautiful. Everyone is super nice and the beach is amazing. There were no problems at all and the food was also very good. I love the fact there are various restaurant and food.

1  Thank Geeta121

Dear Geeta121,

We are delighted to read how much you enjoyed your holiday with us at Catalonia Bávaro and sincerely appreciate you taking the time to post a review of your experience.

Thank you for acknowledging positive elements of your holiday as well as your feedback in regards the various restaurants and food.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Staff were very friendly and kind. All entertainment was well organized. Ezequiel was a very great dancer in the disco. No problems occurred in this vacation and everything all together was beautifully put together.

2  Thank Ksaini99

Dear Ksaini99:

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about Catalonia Bávaro on TripAdvisor and for rating us Excellent.

It is a pleasure to read from your review that you had enjoyed your recent stay with us and that you were particularly pleased with the service.

Look forward to welcoming you back.

Best regards!