We arrived around 3, check out time is 11:30, we had to wait 10 mins for our room to be ready.. This actually took an hour.
The scenery and resort is very beautiful. You will see flamingos, other birds and fish in the scenery pools, an iguana dome and many other beautiful sights.
Our room was average but we encountered some discrepancies.
When we got there we noticed the sink faucet was broke but we wrote a note and the next day it was fixed.
The evening of day 2 we noticed that the ceiling over the jacuzzi was sunk and when we pushed up on it water came pouring down.
I went to guest services stating how disappointed I was with my room and that I would like it fixed. I was told that someone would be by to fix it in 30 mins. After calling many times, 2 days later someone finally showed to fix it but it was never fully fixed.
I felt as though the managers did not care about your happiness and every issue was no big deal in their eyes.
We locked out of our room 4 times and had to walk all the ways to the lobby to get a new key card.
The night of day 4 there was a note slipped under our door offering us to stay at a different luxury resort for free for 2 nights. We didn't bother to go it seemed too good to be true.
The performers were great and very friendly.
The snack bar and pizza place was great.
The pool was very clean up until day 6 and it was filthy, bugs, tree branches and leaves filled the pool.
The security on the beach .. There was none. There are no signs or notices telling the guests not to go to the beach during the night, but if you decide you want to I would not recommend it.
A couple from the same area as us went to the beach after getting locked out of their room to lounge on the beach and encountered a very scary experience involving a local.
When reporting this to guest services they asked the couple why the "boy" didn't fight the man and that there was nothing they could do. Great response right?
Overall we enjoyed ourselves but we will not be going back to that resort.
Everyone's experiences are different, ours was not what we hoped for!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A magnificent hotel resort with exclusive, white sandy beaches, crystalline Caribbean waters, palm trees lining the coast and abundant vegetation throughout the complex. Coral reefs along the beach allow guests to enjoy the rich marine life of the Caribbean Sea. It is located in Playa Cabeza de Toro (Punta Cana), one of the best beach areas in the Dominican Republic. The complex is situated 20 km from the International Airport of Punta Cana and 47 km from Higuey. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TravelUp, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Catalonia Bavaro Beach, Casino & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Bavaro Beach Hotel
- Catalonia Punta Cana
- Catalonia Bavaro Beach Golf & Casino Resort
- Catalonia Bavaro Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Catalonia Bavaro
- Catalonia Bavaro Beach Resort
- Catalonia Bavaro Resort Punta Cana
- Catalonia Hotel Punta Cana
- Catalonia Resort Punta Cana
- Catalonia Bavaro Hotel