Punta Cana Airport: Charming.
Ground Transfers: Booked 'Dominican Republic Transfer' online before leaving home. Efficient, safe & good price.
Resort Location: Short drive from airport. Natural setting. Not commercial.
Check in: Easiest ever. Had to pay $3/ day for safe
Grounds: Lovely & well maintained
Room: Clean, Spacious (except bathroom), beautiful view, balcony with two chairs, table. Bld 9, 2nd floor. Mini fridge with limited beverages. Placid lagoon- like pool just outside building; more traditional yet quiet pool & tiki bar just outside building on other side. Bathrooms nearby
pool. Housekeeping staff was prob too small. Our rooms were not attended to until 4 pm.
Pools, Beach: Many other pools to choose from, including swim up bar, Carribbean music social pool,& beach restaurants/ bars. Nice sandy beach a few feet from pools...plenty of lounge chairs. Many natural umbrellas. No bar service on beach. One towel center for whole resort.
Staff: Friendly, fun, polite & hard working. Brush up on your Spanish before you go!
Food: Delicious, ample, heathy, beautifully displayed. Buffet is fine but make reservations the first day you are there for the other restaurants. We did not have to pay anything extra for other restaurants.
Gym: 1st impression: Is my tetanus shot current? 2nd thought: No thank you. NEEDS IMPROVEMENT. I stuck with water exercise
Spa: Surprisingly pretty. Reasonable prices.
Casino: Slot machines, a few tables. Reminded me of Hotel California & we didn't stay long.
Entertainment: Nice stage, theatre and sound system. Shows were ok. Lots of audience participation.
Other guests: They come from all around the world...many languages spoken. Most just kept to themselves. However, we met a few really nice couples and enjoyed engaging conversation with them. Some guests had children with them.
Vendors: Source of grand annoyance...especially timeshare vultures. There has to be a better way to handle this.
Weather: We stayed for a week in mid Nov. Temps avg 80-90? When report called for rain, it was a swift shower in the late evening hours. Not bad!
Disco: Prob should open an hour earlier.
Sipping our drinks while resting on lounge chairs under palm trees enjoying the sun & sea breeze, we couldn't help wondering if the unfavorable reviews were written by competing resorts. We enjoyed our experience & felt satisfied with the value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Be Live Collection Punta Cana Hotel is an elite 5-star All Inclusive Hotel in the Dominican Republic. It is the perfect place to enjoy a vacation whether it's a couple's getaway, a family adventure, friends reunion, or guests that just need a few days of rest and relax; this resort has all the necessary facilities even Spa and Casino services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Holiday Gems, Southall Travel, Priceline, Travelbag, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Be Live Collection Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Oasis Punta Cana
- Globalia Punta Cana Grand
- Grand Oasis Hotel Punta Cana
- Grand Oasis Bavaro
- Punta Cana Grand Oasis
- All Inclusive Punta Cana
- Oasis Punta Cana
- Gran Oasis Punta Cana