12,393 results
All reviews vip beach vip bar victor pollantis windows buffet spaghetti aqua restaurant main buffet bavaro side coca cola animation team beach bar a la cartes foam party michael jackson show bottle of rum breakfast and lunch nice resort
Reviewed 23 November 2017 via mobile

First of all I’d like to state that I travel for a living. I booked this vacation because I wanted to celebrate my anniversary in the Carribean.

They get you there with a great package deal and then try to sell you the VIP package as you check in. If you don’t go for it you get the surprise of your life when you go to your room and it’s tiny and it reminds you of a motel 6 bedroom even though though the description states a deluxe room.

They allow scam artists on property- timeshare people, they follow you relentlessly telling you that they have a free gift for you... if you say yes you get a “free premium drink” and a the traditional DR drink Mamajuana. You first get and a talk by some ghetto guy showing you pictures of himself in an awful pink suit, like he’s in a rap video eating lobster and enjoying the “vip life” then he offers to take you to their VIP suite in the resort and out of the resort wasting precious vacation time.

For their magic shows, they are so antiquated, they use live animals and the audience is not aware that they kill the birds they use when they “disappear..” it’s awful and sad. It’s 2018 Be Live, it’s not worth it to kill these animals for the 5 minutes of entertainment that no one will remember by the next day.

The beach is disgusting! It’s full of seaweed every morning and there are plastic cups everywhere. I suggest changing to something more environmentally friendly as I encountered many plastic cups in the water. The water is dark not clear and blue, it’s brown.

Also when you are relaxing there are people that try to sell you on cheaper excursions from the hotels pricing- much cheaper- don’t trust those people. I booked one to the island of Saona with this guy named Hector. The island itself wasn’t bad, but the trip wasn’t as seamless as he promised with a 2 hour waiting time in the sun for our boat to show up. when we came back he wouldn’t stop calling us over and disrupting our relaxing time to get us to tell potential new clients that it was good, he did it a few times when I was sleeping until i started shaking my finger left and right saying “no bueno” He also was demanding and told me to get him an alcoholic drink, didn’t even say please, last I remember I don’t work for him. At that point I got the security involved and they were amazing and didn’t let him or his coworkers bother me anymore. The head of the security, Ramon made sure that the rest of our beach time went smoothly.

Food wasn’t bad. Although they could offer more vegan options. Vegetables and fruits are abundant in the country.

Just spend your money elsewhere. It’s not worth all the extra chaos

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Kelly P
Dirección Be Li... B, Gerente at Be Live Collection Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2017

Dear Guest,

Firstly, we would like to thank you for choosing Be Live Collection Punta Cana as the preferred option in in the Caribbean, as well as; by having taken some time to share your concerns.

We carefully reviewed all your observations regarding the cleaning of our common areas and other aspects from our services and we take advantage of this chance to speak up for our team since whenever one of our guests suffers such as occurrences we immediately strive to improve their experiences even by accommodating them in a much better location. Nevertheless, we assure you that preventive measures have been determined with the departments involved in order to avoid similar coincidences in the future.

If your vacation plans point towards Punta Cana for a next visit, please let us know; we will be attentive to offer you a pleasant and uneventful stay.

Best Regard,

Reviewed 21 November 2017

Room was beautiful in VIP Building 7. VIP concierge and maids were fantastic! Beach and cabanas top notch. Swim up pool awesome.

Casino was horrible.

Food was terrible except for the Lobster house with the Lobster Tail and the Brazilian Grill. The Buffet was not good. Same stuff most days. Too much local fare. Don't know a thing about making burgers. Not even cheese or condiments such as lettuce and tomatoes for the burgers! Served margarine everywhere for their bread. Not only is it disgusting it is horrible for you! The restaurants had the same old tired rolls (cold) and desserts from the buffet. My husband ordered apple pie ala mode and it was an apple bar of some kind with a melonball size scoop of gritty ice cream. yuck. All the other desserts were dressed with an awful glop of red (cherry?) goo. Yuck! We went to Mylos one night and my husband ordered the pasta with lobster and got fat spaghetti with mussels (allergic) and 1 shrimp in it! My ravioli was over salted. His Coke had sulpher water in it. We couldnt even complain because our server never bothered to check on us. Just awful.

We felt like we were treated as second class citizens. Intelligent people can pick up on your dismissiveness staff!

The drinks were good at the bars. Not so good at dinner.

We won't go back because of the food and casinos. For that we will go to Vegas and for beaches we will stay with Aruba.

We also had trouble with our vacation company which should have been on site and were not except for 9-930 am which we were not told. Our flights were cancelled due to Apple Vacations and the Hotel argued for an hour about us making an international call to the US to fix the problem. Finally our concierge got involved and let us call. Thank god.

overall good buildings and pools and bars and beach (water color not what I expected though) and VIP staff. The rest needs a lot of work.

Work on your burgers, your margarine crap for your great bread buffet and add al ittle salt and pepper to your food folks. very very bland potatoes, vegetable etc! And work on the desserts for the restaurants. they should be actual desserts and not 1 inch squares of glop from the buffet!

Room tip: definitely VIP and ask to be by the Adults only beach otherwise you are on the opposite side of hotel and it is a large complex
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank Teresa K
Dirección Be Li... B, Gerente at Be Live Collection Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2017

Dear Guest,

First of all, we thank by having chosen Be Live Collection Punta Cana, as your preferred destination in Punta Cana; as well as, by the time you’ve devoted to let us know about your concerns. We attach a great value to your comments and take them seriously.

We understand and respect your point of view regarding our food proposal and other described aspects from our services or facilities since all guests opinions are under the suggestions of several kinds of profiles or perceptions. Nonetheless, we hope you accept our most sincere apologies by these unexpected inconveniences you may have endured because definitely it is not the image we want to project. Even though, it seems us so weird because we rarely receive a complaint about this particular service either way we will perform a prompt check to the highlighted topics in or der to prevent future coincidences. On the other hand, we really apprecate you have praised the excellent performances from our VIP concierges and maids.

If your vacation plans are towards Punta Cana for a next visit, please let us know and we will be attentive to offer you a pleasant and uneventful stay.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 21 November 2017

We travel to Punta Cana about twice a year and have stayed at various resorts. First time ever that we had to carry our luggage to and from our room. Resort is a bit run down and need of upgrades. I feel they are way under staffed....long waits at the beach bar, sometimes a line of 20+ deep! Staff work extremely hard to keep up, but are overwhelmed. Food was OK ... Beach was GREAT...Room in building 17 was clean and sufficient.. . internet is terrible ...extra cost for room safe!!! I would like to send a special "Thank You" to the following..Nicolas(bartender near building 17)Cristian (towels near 17) Mariana our housekeeper , they made us feel VERY welcome. Final thought...If you do not upgrade to VIP status you are a virtual nobody at this resort.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank _rjcollarini

Dear Guest,

First of all, we would like to thank you for choosing Be Live Collection Punta Cana as the preferred choice in the Caribean, as well as; by the valuable time you have devoted to share your experience. Actually, our guest’s reviews are seriously considered to keep on improving our services or facilities.

We also have carefully reviewed your observations regarding baggage service and we take advantage of the chance to address you our most sincere apologies by the unfortunate matter since definitely it is not the image we want to proyect. This occurred affair is not a norm at our premises on the contrary way, we usually do our best effort to comply with all your expectations. On the other hand, we really apprecate you have praised the excellent service provided by some of our staff.

If your vacation plans point towards Punta Cana for a next visit, please let us know and we will be attentive to offer you a more pleasant stay.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 15 November 2017 via mobile

My husband and I are not fussy people, but we have never been to a resort that was so bad!
The food was cold for every meal!! We did not have one hot meal in the whole time we were there. The food was NOT good at all! I eat anything and everything and like to try new food, so for me not to find anything to eat is very surprising!
We like to drink and have a good time but the booze was so bad that we ended up going to the store to buy some rum and red wine!
The beach was beautiful! The pool was nice but with only 3 palm leaf umbrellas for shade it became way too hot to sit around the pool!
Don't bother spending the money to upgrade you really don't get anything more for your money!
All in all I would not recommend this resort to anyone! There are plenty of more resorts that you can spend your hard earned money!
The fridge was filled everyday with bottled water which was great. You only got 2 cans of half beers (smaller then a regular can of beer) one bottle of coke and one bottle of sprite.
All in all we relaxed and was nice to be away, but we would not recommend this resort to anyone!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
10  Thank Steven L
Dirección Be Li... B, Manager at Be Live Collection Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2017

Dear Guest,

First of all, we want to thank you by having chosen Be Live Collection Punta Cana as your preferred choice in Punta Cana, as well as; by the time you have devoted to let us know about your concerns. We attach a great value to your comments and we sincerely regret of hearing such statements from your stay since this is not the image that we want to project.

On the outset, we would like to express that we respect your point of view related to our food proposal because, as you know, there are several kinds of palates among our visitors and we can not always comply with all guest´s expectations. Nevertheless, due to the fact that Tripadvisor is a very influential online forum; we think is worthy to highlight that your particular case was just an isolated case among hundreds of satisfied guests which do not represent over all our services or facilities. On this regard, we also want to add that the menue at our main Buffet has been set according to the variety of nationalities we usually receive and we are very attentive to our guest’s requests precisely if they require any specific assitency in order to affer them an experience that fits to their expectations.

We hope you accept our most sincere apologies if unexpected issues have interfered with the whole course of your stay consequently we will determine a prompt supervision to the topics that have directly affected you to prevent future coincidences.

If your vacation plans are towards Punta Cana for a next visit, please let us know and we will be very attentive to offer you a more pleasant and uneventful experience.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 14 November 2017

As I’m reading these reviews I’m not sure if I was in the same resort as all these people.

It was horrible and looks nothing like the pictures.
When we got there the lobby looked so old and the staff was extremely rude. We arrived at around 10 and they told us the room will be ready at 3.
When we went back to the reception to get our keys at 3 we waited for an hour. My boyfriend asked what was taking so long and was given dirty looks and no response. Finally we got our room at 4... and the manager told us how we got upgraded to a “better room” .... if this was the upgraded room I can’t imagine what the original looks like. It smelled so bad we couldn’t sleep at night. The bed was so uncomfortable my back still hurts a week later. The ceiling was leaking above the toilet. The beds and furniture were old and smelly. There is no safe in the room ( you can purchase at extra cost)

The pool area is nice, and has salt water in the pool, however the beach water is dirty and full of sea weed. We found out that is because of where the hotel is situated, all the other nice hotels are 30 min drive.
We had to walk 1km every day in order to swim in somewhat nice water. No one was ever in the ocean in front of our hotel because it is gross.

The buffet was nothing special. Some of the food tasted good but my entire party of 5 was throwing up / got extremely sick every time we ate.

If you are a coffee lover and need your coffee in the morning, this resort is not for you, I went to the bar and asked for a cappuccino and the girl looked at me as if I asked for a block of gold. Without saying anything, and after staring me down she pointed with her finger to a coffee machine, which makes coffee.....with 10 pounds of sugar... I drink my coffee unsweetened and there were no options for me.

In general, the service was extremely rude. (Except select few )

Keep in mind the pictures of the resort are mainly taken of the VIP area , which was empty. No one stays there because it costs extra. The rest of the resort is garbage.

We had amazing weather and made the most out of it by the pool area. But I would never go back nor recommend this for my family or friends.
This was my first time in the Dominican and I think I will stick to Cuba from here on

• Trip type: Travelled with family
5  Thank mmijatovic
Dirección Be Li... B, Manager at Be Live Collection Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2017

Dear Guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you for choosing Be Live Collection Punta Cana as the preferred place to spend your recent holidays; as well as, by the time you have devoted to let us know about your concerns. We attach a great value to your comments and they are always taken with our maximum interest.

We truly regret that your stay was somewhat marred by the incidents you have mentioned and we would like to express you our most sincere apologies by these occurrences regarding accommodation because all our Front Desk guys are fairly trained to prevent situation the one you have apparently endured . However, we would like you, in mind bear that reservations depend on availability running on a daily basis, the Check in is announced at all hotels around 3:00 PM. We truly lament these unfortunate events have been the motive of changing your perception about us since our purpose in Be Live Collection Punta Cana, our purpose is unfailingly to fulfill all our privileged guests' expectations but this it is not always reachable. However, we do all at our hands to accommodate you in the best possible way.

Warmest regards,