“Canadian travelers beware!”

Ranked #79 of 111 Hotels in Punta Cana
Burlington, Canada
“Canadian travelers beware!”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Staff are friendly and our room was very clean, but the food was terrible and midway through the trip I was so sick it ruined the rest of the vacation. Not to mention how noisy it is. We had to ask to be moved away from the nightly show and all night party-goers. I'm not accustomed to complaining about all inclusive hotels. We've been pretty lucky over the years and we loved the RUI Palace and took a gamble on the Niaboa due to budget constraints this year. Would have been better to stay at home and saved ourselves a lot of misery. I would not recommend this hotel to Canadians. The food will get you. They do not cook the food at your request like other resorts. Everything is cooked in advance and left out on platters for who knows how long. Think twice before you go there.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel!
2 Thank GHynes1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Reviewed 7 April 2014

The hotel is normal. Don't have a lot of amenities. Two restaurants. The drinks are really low quality. I try to taste different drinks for catch some one that I like but was impossible. At final I finished all the nights drinking president. In our stay pass a fire in a room inflicted by a irresponsible guest. The hotel didn't were prepare for announce that. The people now for the smell and guests that start to notify to the other guests. We waits all the early morning to get a room cleaning because they want us to stay in the same room, that were in the same floor of the fire.
The food is ok but not amazing. Is not good is your with adults because is a family hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank YeseniaDeJesus
Ottawa
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Great trip at the Naiboa, the staffs is great I really appreaciated El Menor and at the buffet a men call something 1000?? they really stand out for me, the front desk were stand offish Ceasar and the manager the tall big guy were unfriendly and unhelpful.
The regular room need to be updated( tube TV??) and are really small I got upgraded to a suite.
there is only the buffet and one a la carte restaurant, you can go to another restaurant once on another Rui so we made the reservation and got all dressed up walked there and when we arrived there they didn't have it and since we were not from that Rui they were quick to discard us and ask us to leave. Thanks to El Menor we were able to go to the a la carte restaurant. You do get tired of the food because of the lack of different restaurants.
It was close to the beach and little stores and relax.

Room Tip: ask for an upgrade if you do not like you room
1 Thank princessrocker
St. John's, Canada
Reviewed 30 March 2014

No one speaks English, the rooms are not up to standard a little outdated....lamp shades were dirty, mold on the curtains, retro cube tv., bathroom is really tiny and not clean (needs repairs). As for the food 4 days into my vacation I picked up bacteria from the food and got really sick...now I am on meds for 10 days.I should have listen and did my research on trip advisor and I wouldn't of had a horrible vacation. Please listen to trip advisor and do your research!! The only thing good about it was that the hotel was close to the beach, but you had to walk through the carnival of stores and people bugging you to buy things on the strip to get to the beach. The pool was clean and outside the resort was spotless but inside the hotel was a thumbs down.

Room Tip: Do not stay at Riu Naiboa!
2 Thank chloe79chi

Travellers are raving about these Punta Cana hotels

Allen Park, Michigan
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Research your hotel. Other hotels had different sit down dinner options, we had one, same food every night, Others also offered swim up bars, nicer pools. This hotel was boring. Did not have use of the other hotels in the chain like we were told. Had to walk up steps or ramp to get drinks during the day. No one walking around the pool to wait on you. Had to go to front desk to get bottled water for our room. Never refilled our supply in our room. Refrigerator did not work, beverages in room were warm. Food was ok, there were many choices. Expected a lot more for an all inclusive. We booked a year in advance and our room overlooked the entrance drive, not a very nice room view. Asked for pool view room and they didn't have any. Been on other trips and I feel we overpaid for this one.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Linda C
lucknow, ON
Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

Until this trip, I was a big fan of the Rui chain.... The hotel was clean, but dated.. Which wasn't such a big deal for us... The biggest downfall was being told that we didn't have access to any of the other hotels in the complex, other than to take pictures. We were limited to the 2 bars on site, which had offsetting hours, the one buffet, and an ala cart that we didn't even try.
We had a great time on our last trip at the Rui's in puerto plata... We had access to all bars in the complex, the only restriction was that we had to have dinner at our hotel.... We expected the same type of access in punta cana, but this wasn't the case.

The disco was also a bit of a joke, drinks not included there, and they also were charging a cover charge one night... We ran into a group of college girls one night that were refused entry because they didn't have the cash for the cover charge. The group of 6 of them basically spent all of their money on the trip - that was supposed to be all inclusive... Which wasn't. We talked to the guys working the door, trying to help them get in, but there was no working with them.

Our hotel seemed to have little or no entertainment at night other than bingo... In 5 different languages, all at once.. Very hard to understand... We left during the game as many others did... After seeing bingo 2 nights in a row, we just started going to the neighbouring resort to watch their shows( which were excellent).. But always with the fear that we may be asked to leave and to go back to our resort.

I also had a 2 days of sickness there, I lived on Imodium... Not sure exactly what it was, I ate only at our resort... And normally I'm not a person that must eat carefully... I can normally eat everything without concern.

This hotel was considerably cheaper than the other resorts in the complex, and may be ok if your happy with one bar, and little to no entertainment, and if you don't mind a 5 to 10 minute walk to the beach...

What offended me the most about this trip, is being told that I couldn't access the other resorts in the complex, but that the other resorts could access ours, and all others. And for this reason I won't be returning to any rui property in the future

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
11 Thank donchurch
New Brunswick
Reviewed 3 March 2014 via mobile

The reviews you read, read between the lines. Everyone has there own idea on what's good and what's bad. I enjoyed the stay. Food was fine, service was great and the room was clean. Only had to ask for water 1 day. Pool was clean. Walk to the beach is about 2 mins. Drinks were cold and tried a few. Not many but a few. My only complaint.....they need a different spot for the all night loud partyers. Right below the rooms is no place for them. Batista at the budda bar was great and we spent a lot of time there.
Other then noisy party goers, don't be afraid to go here! Maybe they'll find a better spot for them when you go!

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
VIK Hotel Cayena Beach
VIK Hotel Cayena Beach
#82 of 111 in Punta Cana
Grand Bahia Principe La Romana

Been to Hotel Riu Naiboa? Share your experiences!