“Great stay”

Ranked #79 of 111 Hotels in Punta Cana
Leicester, England, United Kingdom
“Great stay”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Just got back from a 2 week stay with friends. After reading previous reviews, we were a little worried. The service from when we checked in was great, we had no problems at all with the staff.
Rooms were cleaned everyday, huge selection of food for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Evening entertainment was always good, there were also plenty of activities to take part in during the day around the pool.
Animation team were fantastic, they work very long hours but always make an effort to come and talk to you and get you involved in activities. Pool area was very clean, the pool was cleaned twice a day- only downside was there was no pool bar as advertised but this didn't bother us as it was only a 30 second walk to the bar anyway.
The beach is only about a 2 minute walk down the Caribbean street and if you walk down the beach, there is a market - stalls selling souvenirs, worth a visit.
We also booked the saona island trip which I would highly recommend. The Caribbean buccaneers trip was also very good.
Overall our stay was very pleasant, staff were very friendly and we had no problems.

• Stayed April 2014
7 Thank Shareen P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 April 2014

I have just returned from a trip to Riu Naiboa with 3 of my friends. After reading the reviews I was slightly concerned before I arrived, but I have nothing to complain about.

Hotel was clean, rooms were clean, beds were big and comfy. Breakfast, lunch and dinner buffet had a wide choice of fresh meat, fish, salads and other foods.

Animation team are fun, lively and friendly. Always something to watch and keep you entertained throughout the day, bingo at night and then a show at 9.45 and the shows were always very entertaining and funny. The bar and restaurant staff are amazing, always smiling and helpful, they made our stay. The entertainment finished earlyish but once it was done the bar staff chatted, had fun and made you feel very welcome. Bastista, Joselo, José, Ricardo and Chalas hardworking, friendly fun staff! If you dint like the drink selections you ask for their speciality and they will make you a tasty cocktail.

Carnival night every Thursday which was upbeat and a new experience for us which we loved.

I would definitely stay here again and I dint want to come home! Don't listen to the other reviews and go to Naiboa.

Room Tip: Only thing I would suggest is a pool view room.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
6 Thank Jade K
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed 15 April 2014

The hotel is good, infrastructure is in accordance to the price and food is not bad. The staff, however... one of the waiters actually invited himself to have a beer with me in my bedroom and not only that! To give me a free massage!!! Recreational personnel were also constantly inviting guests for dates. That is OUTRAGEOUS. When I requested to talk to me manager about that, the reception people said he was not in. How can a hotel this big not have a 24h management staff?

Not to mention that upon my arrival I was sent to an occupied room. You can't go wet to the pool bar (WHAT??) And the beer served in the common areas is terrible.

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank anniefim
Burlington, Canada
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Staff are friendly and our room was very clean, but the food was terrible and midway through the trip I was so sick it ruined the rest of the vacation. Not to mention how noisy it is. We had to ask to be moved away from the nightly show and all night party-goers. I'm not accustomed to complaining about all inclusive hotels. We've been pretty lucky over the years and we loved the RUI Palace and took a gamble on the Niaboa due to budget constraints this year. Would have been better to stay at home and saved ourselves a lot of misery. I would not recommend this hotel to Canadians. The food will get you. They do not cook the food at your request like other resorts. Everything is cooked in advance and left out on platters for who knows how long. Think twice before you go there.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel!
2 Thank GHynes1

Travellers are raving about these Punta Cana hotels

San Juan, Puerto Rico
Reviewed 7 April 2014

The hotel is normal. Don't have a lot of amenities. Two restaurants. The drinks are really low quality. I try to taste different drinks for catch some one that I like but was impossible. At final I finished all the nights drinking president. In our stay pass a fire in a room inflicted by a irresponsible guest. The hotel didn't were prepare for announce that. The people now for the smell and guests that start to notify to the other guests. We waits all the early morning to get a room cleaning because they want us to stay in the same room, that were in the same floor of the fire.
The food is ok but not amazing. Is not good is your with adults because is a family hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank YeseniaDeJesus
Ottawa
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Great trip at the Naiboa, the staffs is great I really appreaciated El Menor and at the buffet a men call something 1000?? they really stand out for me, the front desk were stand offish Ceasar and the manager the tall big guy were unfriendly and unhelpful.
The regular room need to be updated( tube TV??) and are really small I got upgraded to a suite.
there is only the buffet and one a la carte restaurant, you can go to another restaurant once on another Rui so we made the reservation and got all dressed up walked there and when we arrived there they didn't have it and since we were not from that Rui they were quick to discard us and ask us to leave. Thanks to El Menor we were able to go to the a la carte restaurant. You do get tired of the food because of the lack of different restaurants.
It was close to the beach and little stores and relax.

Room Tip: ask for an upgrade if you do not like you room
1 Thank princessrocker
St. John's, Canada
Reviewed 30 March 2014

No one speaks English, the rooms are not up to standard a little outdated....lamp shades were dirty, mold on the curtains, retro cube tv., bathroom is really tiny and not clean (needs repairs). As for the food 4 days into my vacation I picked up bacteria from the food and got really sick...now I am on meds for 10 days.I should have listen and did my research on trip advisor and I wouldn't of had a horrible vacation. Please listen to trip advisor and do your research!! The only thing good about it was that the hotel was close to the beach, but you had to walk through the carnival of stores and people bugging you to buy things on the strip to get to the beach. The pool was clean and outside the resort was spotless but inside the hotel was a thumbs down.

Room Tip: Do not stay at Riu Naiboa!
2 Thank chloe79chi
VIK Hotel Cayena Beach
VIK Hotel Cayena Beach
#82 of 111 in Punta Cana
Grand Bahia Principe La Romana

Been to Hotel Riu Naiboa? Share your experiences!