First let me thank all the other reviewers for commenting on this site. We found it extremely helpful in picking our HoneyMoon destination!
Excellence is a jewel! We were treated like royalty through out our stay and Excellence really surpassed our expectations. If you are going for romance, this is the place. It's beautiful!
Our stay began on Nov 11 2007 and lasted through the 18th. We upgraded to the club level. Glad we did as we didn't upgrade to the HoneMoon Package but were GIVEN room 7204-private balcony-6 person hot tub-1 hour couples massage-Private dinner on the beach-champane breakfeast in bed. Unreal!! After it was said and done, we would have upgraded to the HoneyMoon Package rather than the Club Level..but the club people really treated us well. Leave the room and when you came back it was cleaned and ready.
As is said all throughout the reviews-take repellent with deet! Especially if you are wanting to spend time on the beach at night. Don't buy it there, $15 for a small tube.
True, the resort is out in the middle of nowhere, but we were Honeymooning so WHO CARES. The ride really isn't that bad, you are going to paradise so make the most of the ride.
We thought the food was Awsome with the exception of The Lobster House..that was actually awful! French, Asian, and Mediteranian all great at night. The French Resturaunt was the only one we had to wait for at all. Buffets have a very nice selection all the time.
The drinks are very good. If you want something, ask for it. The Sammy Sosa with a little 151..Aaahhhh...nice!
We spent a couple of evenings after the shows in the disco. Interesting place that really relys on the employees to get folks up and going. The pajama party was a good time.
The beach is beautiful although the ocean will kick your butt so be careful! We had no issue with getting a spot on the beach or at the pool. The little canopies are a nice break from a scorching heat.
Have fun, and remember, you're in a third world country and you are going to make the experiance whatever you want it to be. Ours was unforgettable and we can't wait to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This quaint, colonial-style resort is the ideal destination for couples seeking secluded romantic getaways. Nestled among palms on a perfect white-sand beach on a remote stretch of Punta Cana's Caribbean shoreline, Excellence Punta Cana provides the perfect All-Inclusive playground for adults only and is also home to a world-class spa, state-of-the-art fitness center and an exceptional range of activities and services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Holiday Gems, Savannahville Tours N.V., Expedia, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Excellence Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secrets Excellence Punta Cana
- Excellence Resort Punta Cana
- Excellence Punta Cana Resort
- Secrets Punta Cana
- Excellence Punta Cana Dominican Republic
- Excellence Dominican Republic
- Punta Cana Excellence Hotel
- Excellence Punta Cana Hotel
- Secret Excellence Resort Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Secrets Excellence