“Wonderful, Amazing, Beautiful”

Excellence Punta Cana
Ranked #13 of 113 Hotels in Punta Cana
Reviewed 11 January 2008

OK, first off I have to say that part of the reason we had such a wonderful, amazing trip was because of all the great advice that I got from the good citizens of TripAdvisor! Thank you all....
The Excellence is a beautiful resort and anyone who books their vacation here is bound to have an amazing trip (unless you are one of those people that is only happy when you are complaining or unhappy - we met a few of these people on our trip and I was so disappointed). I don't think I can say enough good things about the place but I am going to try to give you a very comprehensive, unbiased review.

We stayed from Jan. 2 - Jan. 9. We were booked into the Excellence Club and had an Ocean View Honeymoon Suite...room 10205. So here goes:

ARRIVAL:
We booked a helicopter through Helidosa to take us from the airport to the resort. The first thing was that when we got off the plane at the airport, it was very confusing....people were running everywhere trying to take your bags from you before you even had a chance to figure out what was going on...do not give up your bags until you know who you are giving them to and are sure that you are giving them to the right company. We were supposed to have been greeted with a sign with our names on it so that we would know where we were going but that didn't happen and it was difficult to find the helidosa guy and very confusing trying to figure out what was going on but ....everything worked out just fine and we got our bags on the transport to our hotel and were taken to where we were supposed to get the helicopter....we ended up having to wait 40 minutes for the helicopter to come which was very disappointing because we were taking the helicopter so that we could get there faster...this didn't happen, our bags got to the resort way before us....THIS IS NOT THE RESORTS FAULT!!!! This was an error on the part of HELIDOSA!
When we got to the resort we were dropped off in the back and just kinda left there, with no idea how to get where we were going....we just followed the path and found our way eventually but it would have been nice if someone had showed us how to get where we needed to be....oh well...we found it anyway...not too difficult...

When we finally made it inside, we were greeted with a glass of champagne and eventually taken to the club where we did our check in....The people in the Excellence Club - especially Maria, Nicki, Carlos and Roberto (these were the only ones I talked with) were amazing and extremely helpful! We checked in with them and were informed that we had been upgraded to the honeymoon suite, which I had asked for but had not actually reserved...THANK YOU ROBERTO!.....Nicki brought us up to the club lounge and we were served with the drink of our choice and some snacks while they checked that the room was ready for us (this took about 2 minutes) then we were shown to our room and what a beautiful room it was....huge bed, vaulted ceiling, two balconies....one over looking the pool/ocean and the other overlooking the ocean with a hottub on it....spent most of my time on that one as it was more enclosed and larger! The hot tub was amazing (it leaked at first but maintainence was there in a jiffy to fix it). Everything about the room was perfect...no complaints, and although I read some reviews that said there was a smell and brought a plug in for that, there was no smell except that of the ocean and the tropics! OK that's enough about the room, it was amazing.

FOOD
The food was terrific, I was not able to eat at Chez Isabelle as the schedule was a little confusing and it was not open everynight and I was unable to have dinner at The Grill but we ate everywhere else and it was all amazing! I had amazing dinners everynight that I ate and have absolutely no complaints about the food. The Breakfast buffet at Toscana was excellent - we didn't get a chance to eat breakfast anywhere else. Lunch was incredible at both the Grill and Toscana! I really didn't have anything I didn't like...I would have to say my least favorite was Agave although the food was not horrible, it just wasn't too my liking....My husbands favorite restaurant was Spice and the food there was delicious, I really liked Toscana....but no matter what the food you get is delicious and if you don't like something you can order something else...one night we went with friends to spice and ordered the whole left side of the menu and half the right. If you are eating at Spice ask for Victor he is the greatest there....You will have a wonderful dining experience...

DRINKS
The drinks were delicious and plentiful...I did not think that they were too light with the alcohol and they were very quick to serve....I enjoyed the different daily drinks. It was a fun way to start off the day....I especially enjoyed the Sammy Sosa!!! Yummy!!!!

BARS
All of the bars are serviced by terrific people who are there to show you a good time and they do it! The Swim Up Bar, Cafe Kafe, the Martini Bar, the Pool Bar and the Lobby Bar are all terrific! The bartenders there will make sure you are having fun and take great care of you....Say a special Hello to Baurilo....He seemed to be our bartender no matter what bar we went to....

The BEACH
The beach was beautiful and fun but the waves are strong and the rip tide is very powerful...I was still able to go and play in the waves and I had a great time but I would not recommend that anyone go out much past your waste...and if you aren't a strong swimmer, avoid it all together, it is not worth the risk...if you walk down the beach to the right around the point you will find a spot that is kinda enclosed by a coral reef, it is a nice little "cove" and is great for swimming, not much current at all and you can even snorkel there. BUT BE CAREFUL!!!! The ocean is a living thing and it is not something to be ignored...people can get hurt if they aren't careful.....

THE POOLS!!!!
The pools were amazing. Much to my disappointment, I didn't get to spend anytime in the cascade pool or the waterfall, but I did check it out and it was beautiful...I mostly stuck to the main pool on the ocean side of the resort. This pool is incredible...you can float all over the place and that is where the swim up bar is. Also cool that you could float underneath the diners at the grill....we had a lot of fun. Lounge chairs at the pool were hard to come by but if you asked one of the workers they would usually help you....I only had a problem finding a chair one day out of 7 and even that was no biggie....because we shared with another couple and it was fine....the beds were hard to find as well but not impossible, in fact, I found a couple but never ended up wanting to use them because I wanted to be in the sun....

BEACH/POOL TOWELS
OK, we had beach towels in our room everday plus we brought towels from home so we never had a problem...None of the people we met ever had a problem either but I did note that there were a number of towel hogs!! People would take 10-15 towels and go lay them all out on one of the beds and then cover themselves up with two or three and use the rest as pillows! This really bothered me even though it didn't effect me....NOBODY NEEDS 10 TOWELS!!!!!! People need to be less selfish....

CASINO
They tell you right away, the casino is not owned by the resort...when we met with our VIP rep, Jonathan, he told us DO NOT PLAY THE KENO OR ROULETTE!!! These games are apparently rigged.. I didn't play so I don't know but I heard stories and would not recommend taking the chance. I did play blackjack..I won, but I did notice that they didn't play consistently because sometimes the dealer would their first card face up, sometimes down...I have never played anywhere where this was allowed so I was a little skeptical....the choice is yours. My friend did quite well at the black jack table and I was able to play all week with the $40 I started with and still take home $100....I am a five dollar gambler but it was fun and I didn't lose any money

THE DISCO
The disco was fun if you like to go out dancing, usually by that time I was pretty tired but there was a lot of fun stuff going on, I especially enjoyed 70s/80s night...the entertainment staff, especially INEZ and RAUL were terrific! I don't know how they do it, going all day long like they do....There is a lot of fun to be had in the disco

SHOWS....
I missed the Michael Jackson show as I was just too tired but I heard that it was incredible....all the shows were nice and gave you something to do...Karoke was the best as far as I am concerned but that was before the shows. There was a Circus, Magician, Chris Blizzard, and different Dancers. Chris Blizzard was terrific and the rest were OK. But they were fun regardless.

SHOPS
I didn't go to any of the shops on the resort but did walk down to the WalMart plaza on the left of the beach just at the end of the hotel.. It was fun bargaining with the shop people and they did have some fun stuff. Say Hello to Nancy at Nancy's number 6 and also to Chris at WalMart....But be sure to visit all of the little shops just for the ambiance.

EXCURSIONS
We did two....the Carribean Festival (HORRIBLE) and SAONA ISLAND (TERRIFIC).
The Carribean Festival is not what we wanted to do, we wanted to do Marinarium but Jonathan at VIP said that Carribean Festival was better and more fun, all I know is it sucked...the boat people were terrific but you didn't swim with sharks and rays, not really, they said you would get to feed them and they would come up to you, this didn't happen either and anytime someone tried to get close to the sharks they would get yelled at.....For the rays, they lined you up on a wall and came around one by one, put the ray in your hand took a picture and told you to move on...not much fun..
Saona Island was incredible, this is where they filmed blue lagoon...we took a catamaran out to the island and that was really nice then we hung on the beach for a couple of hours and had lunch and played in the water then they loaded us up into speed boats and took us out to a natural swimming area where you could look for starfish....it is sad to see how depleted they are but it is nice to see them and swim around, there is some coral so if you have a snorkel it is cool to snorkel around...then we came home...it was a good trip..

I think I have covered eveything but if there is anything I missed or if you have any questions at all feel free to PM me....

Overall, this was an amazing place, with amazing people who were there to treat you like royalty and they succeeded.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled as a couple
11  Thank caselaw3
Write a ReviewReviews (13,534)

Reviewed 9 January 2008

My husband and I, who are both twenty-four, stayed at the Excellence Punta Cana from Nov. 27-Dec. 4, 2007. We have been on several vacations to beautiful places such as Hawaii and Bermuda, but this was our first all-inclusive vacation. It was also the best time we've ever had on a trip!

We went to the Toscana for the buffet breakfast each morning, and it was very thorough. If you don't find something there that you like to eat...maybe there is something wrong with you?

For lunch we usually did whatever was happening on the beach, be it a barbeque or one of the fun cooking lessons. There were also waiters bringing around nachos and pizzas to those who were just lying on chairs enjoying the sun with no desire to move and find food.

For dinner, the choices are vast. There are several restaurants, of which my favorite was Spice. All of the restaurants were good. If you wanted a more casual dinner, however, there was a guy named David grilling out by the Kafe Cafe each night. He was friendly and his food was yummy. (He had burgers, chicken, ribs, fries, etc.) Also, the room service food is tasty and quick to arrive. We had an ocean view balcony, so the one night of our stay we had an early room service dinner so that we could watch a wedding happening on the beach in front of us. Congrats, whoever you were!

Nightlife

The nighttime entertainment and activities were fun. We went to the disco one night for the pajama party. The shows were enjoyable, also. As does everyone else, we liked the Michael Jackson show the best. Before the shows, though, there is other entertainment that is worth being around for. My favorite evening activity was karaoke night. I don't sing, but watching crazy vacationers sing is hilarious! My husband sang "Piano Man" and he had people stopping him the rest of the night and all the following day telling him how wonderful he had done Case in point being that everyone we ran into was friendly and having a good time.

Bars

The swim-up bar is cool, but my favorite was the Kafe Cafe, because Jose is the best bartender I've ever met! He was friendly, funny, willing to surprise you if you couldn't think of anything to specifically ask for--and his suggestions were always delicious! We stopped at the other bars around the resort sometimes, but mostly we liked Kafe Cafe and the people working there the best. Drinks that I recommend include Sammy Sosa, Coco Loco (comes in a coconut), Dirty Banana, and Rum Punch.

Everything else

We were never bored. Not once. And I get bored very easily. We explored up and down the beach, shopped at the stands of the crazy vendors off to the left on the beach, went horseback riding, played pool and ping pong out in the games hut, fed fish and turkeys in the gardens/jogging trail area. There were peacocks, parrots, flamingos, chickens, ducks, and so many other birds in the gardens/jogging trail area. And, obviously, we hung out in and around the pool and the beach.

That is all! I hope this helps you decide to go to this resort if you are wavering. I have no complaints!

25  Thank woopeedoo
Reviewed 8 January 2008

My husband and I travel a great deal - and this two week vacation was truly amazing. We were blown away be the hotel, the room, pools, staff etc.

When we arrived we were escorted to the "Excellence Check in" (an extra charge but worth every penny!) Roberto checked us in - and was the most efficient, courteous and friendly person. During check in, the staff grabbed us some ice cold beer so we start our vacation right away - again - during the check in!! Roberto remembered our names and would address us at any location in the hotel - nice touch.

The food was really good - and enjoyed the champagne and OJ every morning - nice treat! Loved the French restaruant.

99% of the staff were absolutely great - and provided excellent service. It was very easy to be served beverages (we've been to lots of places where it's been quite the struggle - definately not here).

The one "must do" thing you "have to do" is the Lobster Dinner on the Beach. Truly beautiful...with surprises included. - Again - a must do.

We would definately go back to this hotel - (provided we can leave our daughter at home!) :-)

16  Thank Angela-Randy
Reviewed 7 January 2008

First let me thank all the other reviewers for commenting on this site. We found it extremely helpful in picking our HoneyMoon destination!

Excellence is a jewel! We were treated like royalty through out our stay and Excellence really surpassed our expectations. If you are going for romance, this is the place. It's beautiful!

Our stay began on Nov 11 2007 and lasted through the 18th. We upgraded to the club level. Glad we did as we didn't upgrade to the HoneMoon Package but were GIVEN room 7204-private balcony-6 person hot tub-1 hour couples massage-Private dinner on the beach-champane breakfeast in bed. Unreal!! After it was said and done, we would have upgraded to the HoneyMoon Package rather than the Club Level..but the club people really treated us well. Leave the room and when you came back it was cleaned and ready.

As is said all throughout the reviews-take repellent with deet! Especially if you are wanting to spend time on the beach at night. Don't buy it there, $15 for a small tube.

True, the resort is out in the middle of nowhere, but we were Honeymooning so WHO CARES. The ride really isn't that bad, you are going to paradise so make the most of the ride.

We thought the food was Awsome with the exception of The Lobster House..that was actually awful! French, Asian, and Mediteranian all great at night. The French Resturaunt was the only one we had to wait for at all. Buffets have a very nice selection all the time.

The drinks are very good. If you want something, ask for it. The Sammy Sosa with a little 151..Aaahhhh...nice!

We spent a couple of evenings after the shows in the disco. Interesting place that really relys on the employees to get folks up and going. The pajama party was a good time.

The beach is beautiful although the ocean will kick your butt so be careful! We had no issue with getting a spot on the beach or at the pool. The little canopies are a nice break from a scorching heat.

Have fun, and remember, you're in a third world country and you are going to make the experiance whatever you want it to be. Ours was unforgettable and we can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled as a couple
10  Thank DarrelLem
Reviewed 7 January 2008

My wife and I stayed at Excellence Punta Cana December 4-18, 2007. This was our fourth adult only all-inclusive, we have stayed at two Sandals resorts (St. Lucia and Cuba) and loved both of them and the Eldorado Royale near Playa Del Carmen which we also enjoyed. We have also traveled to the South Pacific, Europe and other US destinations, we feel we have realistic expectations for all resorts we visit and always go in open minded the only must is it has to be adults only, so let's get started. I will break this down into arrival /room, restaurants, pool & beach, service and staff, misc. and try not be to long.

Arrival & Rooms(s)

We arrived in Punta Cana a little bit later than expected about one hour, we immediately boarded our shuttle and were off to the Excellence, as all reviews have stated the drive is at least one hour with very poor roads our experience was the same. Upon our arrival we were greeted with Champagne and were checked in very quickly with the one other couple on our shuttle. Our first room was in building 1, room number 1014, this is a garden view room which is what we paid for, the problem with this block of rooms is it looks at a large concrete wall which is the backside of the Casino and Chez Izabelle. That being said before the concrete wall there is a nice garden so we did not complain, as this is what we paid for. We stayed in room 1014 for the first 4 nights and on our fifth day we received a phone call from Edward at the front desk asking if we wanted to move as he was told we weren't happy with our room. We never complained to any employee about our room so we are not sure how this happened we have some ideas but nothing for sure. Anyway we moved one floor up still in building 1 to room 1101 now overlooking the beautiful Cascade pool, the room lay out was the same but the view was 100 times better, this is where we stayed for the remainder of our vacation. The maid service was excellent in both rooms although the times varied from day to day but that never bothered us.

Restaurants

We tried all restaurants except Agave as neither one of us are huge fans of Mexican cuisine, we spoke to others who raved about Agave but again we never tried it. We went to Spice (Asian) 3 times for dinner each time it was wonderful and I highly recommend the Emperors fried rice and my wife enjoyed the Sushi and Mahi Mahi. We visited Chez Izabelle (French) twice for dinner and were equally impressed here we recommend the Portabello mushroom appetizer, the Duck and Lamb. We visited Barcelona Twice (Mediterranean) and this was also good the only disappointment was they were out of veal the entire two weeks we were there. We visited Toscana (Italian) twice my wife thoroughly enjoyed the Manicotti, I was not overly impressed with the food at Toscana. We visited the Lobster house twice for dinner and enjoyed the Lobster both times we met some people before hand that told us to order the lobster grilled instead of steamed, we did this and had an excellent meal both times. We visited The Grill twice for dinner, this restaurant is for meat lovers (like myself) I had an amazing Filet Mignon the only downfall was the gravy on top, my wife loved the vegetable tower.

Throughout our entire vacation we saw Victor the restaurant manager and the head Chef visiting all the restaurants ensuring the staff were providing the service that he expected. Victor came up to our table often asking about the food and service we always gave him an honest answer although we found the service exceptional for the most part. Chez Izabelle did close down for renovations half way through our vacation as they are moving Spice to the current Chez Izabelle location and Chez Izabelle is moving to the current Barcelona location. I am not sure what is happening to Barcelona. There are no reservations required at any of the restaurants.

Pool and Beach

The main pool winds through most of the resort near the beach, the pool and deck was always clean and never crowded, we never had any problems getting a lounger at either the pool or the beach. We actually found the resort to be very quiet, I asked the percentage capacity at the front desk and was informed the resort was at 65% as they currently had 3 buildings under renovation although we never noticed this taking place. The Cascade pool is a lot smaller but very peaceful, quiet and relaxing, this pool was also very clean.

Service and Staff

As I said earlier we have been to 2 Sandals Resorts and although we tried not to compare The Excellence to the Sandals resorts it was inevitable. I have had two great experiences at Sandals and thought there service was great well here is where Excellence has Sandals beat hands down (in my opinion). Let's start with the food, beverage servers and the bartenders. Excellence offers poolside and beach cocktail service which Sandals does not and this service was impeccable, I normally don't mention names in my reviews but these people deserve the recognition. The greatest bartenders I have ever come across were Jose, Braulio, Benjamin and Kenny these guys were very entertaining and provided great service. The food and beverage servers that always brought us our food and drinks with a smile were Gremy, Christina, Ramona, AltaGracia, Yuly, Julia, Victor and the perfect poolside boy Felix. These people work very long hours for little money and they can only be described as amazing, there were many others but there names I can not recall. All the food/beverage staff bartenders were top notch and deserve a pat on the back, thank you all.

Entertainment Staff

Throughout our entire stay we raved about the food beverage staff, the other group that matched them was the entertainment staff. We recommend trying the games that the entertainment staff work very hard to organize, they also organize the "Ice Breaker" which occurs before the main entertainment at night usually around 9:30 PM. The main entertainment gets started around 10:00 PM with such shows as Michael Jackson, Chris Blizzard, Magic show and some other dance shows. Our two favorite shows were Michael Jackson and Chris Blizzard we did not enjoy the Magic show. We only missed one icebreaker as we enjoyed them so much. The entertainment staff are at the resort from 10:00 am until 1:00 am with two breaks throughout the day and always have a smile on there face even though they perform the same dances and games week after week. We became very close with some of the entertainment staff and when we left it felt like we were leaving true friends behind. The entertainment staff were amazing thank you very much Inez, Rey, Mariel, Julio, Jesus, Andres(we may see this guy on a stage someday), Franklin< Rosemarie and all the rest of you, sorry I can not recall all the names. I can not say enough about these people if you make any effort to get involved you will meet all these wonderful people and learn about them and their families. I hope Excellence Punta Cana management realizes the talent that they have in this particular area.

Misc.

There are bugs at the resort that like to hunt at night they never bothered me but my wife got bit quite a few times the first week but next to nothing the second week. There is a dress code at most restaurants for dinner and did see people get turned away for showing up in beach clothes and sandals. I think the dress code is a positive thing and was happy to see it enforced.

Conclusion

We rate the resort a four, we would have would have loved to give it a five but on a couple of occasions the food quality was just not there. The service was always a five or higher (if possible). If The Excellence Company wants to compete with Sandals I think all that is lacking is the food quality and this is only occasionally. Excellence Punta Cana does surpass Sandals in all service areas from food and beverage to entertainment staff. Again this is our opinion. If you have any questions please feel to free to email me at hevymud@hotmail.com

We have more photographs of the resort but I can not find them and my wife is not home(sorry).

Clay and Julie

3  Thank hevymud
Reviewed 6 January 2008

After going through several apple vacation brochures, fun jet brochures, and sandals brochures, my husband and I dedided to select Excellence Punta Cana as our destination for our long awhaited honeymoon. I was still hesitant since I had wanted to go somewhere to see crystal blue water and white sand. (It is beautiful water, the beach is georgeous) Although out of all the places I read up on here at trip advisor, Excellence Punta Cana by far got the best stars consistently. I would check it weekly...and was warned about the long rough ride from the airport,(it's really not that bad) the "ok" food, the prices in the gift shop being high ect... Let me tell you, I have a bad habit at looking at the negative side of things and this place proved me so wrong. If you are looking for an absolutely BEAUTIFUL, well-kept, friendly staff, and no hassle all-inclusive resort for a decent cost...this place is highly recommended. I won't go into every detail because I know these can get long, but wow...for both my husband and I the food was AMAZING... I couldn't get over how good it was!!! It is true certain resturants are closed each night- however they give you a nice little newletter each evening for the next days "drink of the day" resturants that will remain open and so on... its very helpful in planning your day/week. I had some of the BEST steak, breakfast food, and seafood (which I'm not usually a fan of)!!! Our room was in building 10 overlooking the ocean and we truely couldn't have asked for a better view. Yes, sometimes we came back at 3-4 in the afternoon and the room had not been cleaned up yet....but who hangs out in their room when its so beautiful outside anyways?... keep in mind the dominicans working there are working for almost NOTHING ALL DAY long!!!! cleaning room after room. We thought the staff was extrodinary. The drinks were phenominal, especially the coco-loco!!! Although we found that the day time drinks didn't appear to have nearly as much alcohol as the night time drinks they would serve during shows or dinners....The michael jackson show is GREAT. If you don't see any..the whole week, see the michael jackson show. If your offered to go on the Saona Island tour..GO..it is absolutely breathtaking in my opinion, but a very long day. Plan to be away from the resort from 7:30am-7:30pm. There was always enough towls and floaty's near the pool and always a "clean bed" to take a peaceful nap on whether on the beach or next to the pool. I will add some pictures soon, but truthfully I couldn't find anythign to complain about...oh except the prices in the "pharmacy" where you would get, contact lense cleaner, advil or bandaids..DON"T FORGET THIS STUFF. I had my contact lense cleaner thrown away at the airport because it was a liquid greater than 3 oz's...well I thought I'd buy a bottle at the resort.... it was $25 dollars..NO JOKE... but other than that EVERYTHING else made up for it and by the end of the trip I it was not a thought in my mind...we were so sad to leave.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple
24  Thank tr0picalprincess
Reviewed 6 January 2008

My friend and I visited the hotel from 12/25 to 12/30 of 2007. Please be aware of the fact that the hotel is geared almost completely toward adult couples, as it can be a little jarring if you come all the way down to the Caribbean downplaying that aspect. Regardless of this, the hotel is a nice, albeit standard oceanside 3-4 star property. General caveat: The hotel is an hour away (70 dollar cabfare) from most places of interest, such as the clubs and activities in Babaro.

ROOMS

The rooms are above average. Very good A/C in addition to a strong fan. Nice shower. Design is mediocre. The couples thing becomes a problem when you turn on the television and there's a set pornography channel - not classy, even for a place geared toward honeymooners and lovers.

SERVICE

By all accounts, the staff and people on the island could not be nicer. But life moves at a much slower pace here, and that comes through in the service. For example, the concierge really does not provide 4 star service. All four of them seem almost incapable of arranging the simplest of requests. I speak fluent Spanish and still found it difficult to get anything done. It's hard to disregard this since the hotel flaunts it's rating.

CASINO

About four tables and a few slot machines.

BARS

They don't water down drinks, but they don't make them all that well either. Some pretty lame bartenders with a limited knowledge of what they are supposed to be doing. Their kindness does make up for this in some ways.

DINING

Coming from New York, we obviously did not expect top cuisine at an all-inclusive island resort. However, some of the food here is simply inedible. The Lobster House, the sushi items at Spice, the dinner options at The Grill, and most of the room service items were downright miserable. Your best bets are the early evening poolside barbeque, Barcelona for dinner, and the lunch buffet at Toscana.

BEACH

MOST IMPORTANTLY, know that this beach is known for its rip tides. The waves are extremely strong, and we unfortunately saw the worst of that this trip.

Two guests of the hotel were swept up in a tide and drowned, one was not recovered.

To make a long story short, emergency personnel never made an appearance, the staff, including the hotel doctor, had no idea how to handle the situation. As a qualified medical professional I can outright say that the hotel physician was utterly incompetent, and simple ignorant when it came to emergency medicine. For about 20 minutes he neglected to inform the knowledgeable medical professionals, who were hotel guests attending to the patient, that the hotel had a medical area with emergency equipment. The sight of a hotel employee carrying a manual defibrillator down to the water, electrical cord in hard, gives you the image of how incompetent the staff is.

The hotel guests attending to the patient did everything they could, with the facilities they had, to revive this individual. Had these facilities been disclosed to the attending medical professionals earlier, the patients chances of survival could have increased.

In my opinion, had the hotel had proper lifeguards this tragedy could have easily been avoided.

If you are a couple, come down for a solid oceanside vacation. It won't be mind blowing.

If you are seeking a real 4-5 star vacation, look elsewhere.

Stayed: December 2007