Once again we have just returned from the Excellence Punta Cana - maybe some don't understand the hype but we most certainly do - from our greeting from Roberto - "Thank you for your loyalty and Welcome Home" - to the very minute we left everything was perfect.
This is now our 5th holiday at this wonderful hotel and we are not alone in returning. We met people whom we first met in 2009 and others who have been coming for over 5 years. We decided to upgrade to the Excellence Club a few weeks before we came and we cannot thank Linda Bauer enough for all the hard work she did in arranging everything for us. Our room was beautiful, on the ground floor and only a few steps from the pool. Thanks also go to Carlos the concierge in the Club along with Adonis (he really is a god) who served drinks and coffee.
The rooms in blocks 6 to 12 have all been renovated and are looking beautiful and still have the WOW factor. They are cleaned everyday and the turn-down service at night is very appreciated. These ladies work very hard to make sure everything is done to your satisfaction.
The other blocks will be upgraded this year.
The gardens are beautifully kept and is the perfect place for the flamingos, birds and ducks. The ponds can be a little smelly but there is not a lot that can be done with the water not circulating all the time.
We noticed a few changes this year mainly the Pool assistants - what great girls, Natilie, Nilda and Sonia - so sorry if I have forgotten anyone. Towels were laid out on all the sunbeds in the morning and they went round about the pool all day checking everything was OK for everyone. Another lovely touch was Management going around everyday asking if anyone had any problems and taking the time to speak to people. This is most definately new and appreciated by everyone.
Food - where do I start. There is something for everyone - the choice is varied. Our favourite restaurant is Spice - a few shared by many others. The waiters are first class and a big thanks to Jesus for such a well-run restaurant. Chez Isabelle - lovely atmosphere, good food and a perfect ambiance. Our favourite waiter, Junior, was so attentive and is fantastic around the table. A very polite young man who we hope will go far in his career. Agave - I love Mexican food though it is not a favourite of my husband. We had a great night in here with a lovely meal and good wine. Samuel is a treasure and we will be keeping in contact through email and facebook. Oregano - though this restaurant has been here for a few years we had never gone for a meal believing it to be just Pizza but when we arrived we wanted something very quick and light to eat so we decided to try it. Oh how glad we were. The food was fantastic and the pizza was as light as a feather. We even went back a second time to try their Lasagne which other guests had recommended to us and it was worth it.
We could go on reviewing the rest of the restaurants but I could write forever. Suffice to say we enjoyed our food in each one of them.
Special thanks go to the following for making our holiday so magical once again. Roberto, Linda, Carlos, Adam, Victor and Ana (Lobster House), Junior, Samuel, Adam and Ramon (Toscana), Rosanne, Grizel and our favourite from breakfast, Magaly, and Lisbeth from the Grill - one of the most friendly, beautiful and intellegent people we have ever met. Restaurant Manager, Victor is a very special person and runs perfect restaurant. There are so many and apologise to anyone not already mentioned. We have also a special mention for Altagracia who served our drinks around the pool. Along with everyone else she welcomed us with a kiss and cuddle.
It is unbelievable that, no matter how many people go through the hotel, everyone has remembered us, not just by face but by name and we appreciate it so much. Love everyone of them lots.
Lastly, it was so lovely to see Rafael back - missed him last year.
Will finish by saying - please try this hotel. Everything is done to please holidaymakers and we are already making plans for next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This quaint, colonial-style resort is the ideal destination for couples seeking secluded romantic getaways. Nestled among palms on a perfect white-sand beach on a remote stretch of Punta Cana's Caribbean shoreline, Excellence Punta Cana provides the perfect All-Inclusive playground for adults only and is also home to a world-class spa, state-of-the-art fitness center and an exceptional range of activities and services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HotelsClick, LoveHolidays, Savannahville Tours N.V., Travelbag, Expedia, Stayforlong S.L., Travel Republic (UK), getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Excellence Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secrets Excellence Punta Cana
- Excellence Resort Punta Cana
- Excellence Punta Cana Resort
- Secrets Punta Cana
- Excellence Punta Cana Dominican Republic
- Excellence Dominican Republic
- Punta Cana Excellence Hotel
- Excellence Punta Cana Hotel
- Secret Excellence Resort Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Secrets Excellence