I will list both the pros and the cons of this particular resort. My husband and I just spent 4 nights at Excellence. I will start with the pros:
1) The food was very good. There was a wide variety at the buffet every morning for breakfast and for lunch every afternoon. Other than the fact that some of the food items that should be hot were cold, it was great. The restaurants were quite good. Our favorite was Toscana (their brand new Italian restaurant). Everything was very fresh and tasty. The dessert's need some improvement with the exception of the ice cream.
2) The resort grounds were beautiful. There was quite a bit of construction going on to improve the resort, but the grounds themselves were great. The pool was gorgeous and very clean. The beach was wonderful and easily accessible.
***Reynaldo is the BEST!!! Make sure to see him for everything you may need. Our trip went from heading south to awesome because he cared.
3) There is a nice selection of things to do ranging from a night club to a show at night. The bars only stay open until 2AM so after that there isn't anything going on.
4) It is adults only so if you are looking for a resort without the kids, this is the one for you!
1) We had to change our room 4 times. This was due to stains on our towels, comforter, furniture and bath tubs. We were all but fed up but Reynaldo took care of us. He upgraded us and put us in a very clean room the last time that he personally picked out with us. A note for the resort: You HAVE to have spotless rooms to stay a top 10 resort. It is 100% unacceptable to have dirty rooms in a place rated so high. We thought it was just bad luck with the first room, but room after room was dirty until the last one.
2) Beds were pretty hard. Good if you like a firm mattress, not so good if not.
3) Service was very slow. You have to ask the staff 3 or 4 times for the same thing for them to bring it to you. Even if you ask in Spanish, it takes way too long. HEAVY language barrier with most of the staff so make sure to brush up on your Spanish!! We found one or two good bartenders and tipped them and they came back fast.
4) Construction everywhere was a little annoying although we realized it was to make improvements. We should have been notified prior to going on the trip.
5) It is noisy at night. The doors in the rooms have a lot of cracks in them which allow a lot of noise in the rooms. Also, even if the balcony door is locked, water will come in if it is raining.
6) The rooms need a lot of updating to keep up with the surrounding resorts.
7) Casino was very small and super smokey.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This quaint, colonial-style resort is the ideal destination for couples seeking secluded romantic getaways. Nestled among palms on a perfect white-sand beach on a remote stretch of Punta Cana's Caribbean shoreline, Excellence Punta Cana provides the perfect All-Inclusive playground for adults only and is also home to a world-class spa, state-of-the-art fitness center and an exceptional range of activities and services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Savannahville Tours N.V., Alpha Holidays Limited, LoveHolidays, HotelsClick, Stayforlong S.L., Expedia, Travelbag, getaroom.com, Travel Republic (UK), Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Excellence Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secrets Excellence Punta Cana
- Excellence Resort Punta Cana
- Excellence Punta Cana Resort
- Secrets Punta Cana
- Excellence Punta Cana Dominican Republic
- Excellence Dominican Republic
- Punta Cana Excellence Hotel
- Excellence Punta Cana Hotel
- Secret Excellence Resort Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Secrets Excellence