We stayed in Excellent Punta Cana for 6 nights in during our visit to Dominican republic.
My review is based on following
1) Reaching Punta Cana : We flew into Punta Cana international airport. Airport itself looks like a resort. Very welcoming, nice breeze and beautiful temperatures. We purchased tourist card online so that saved us about 15-20 minutes standing in line to purchase the cards at the airport. We were greeted by immigration officer in spanish, but didn't have any problem in talking to her in English. Immigration was quick and easy. After immigration we collected our baggage and headed towards our pre-arranged transportation.
2) Transportation to and from resort : We arranged private transportation with Excellence. A taxi was waiting for us at the airport. You will pass through beautiful landscape of Dominican republic. It is about 30-45 minutes ride to resort from airport. I had wished that taxi had some kind of amenities such as cold water or towel.
3) Resort : Excellence resort is one of the best resort I have stayed. It has its own secluded beach and has a large pool. A working knowledge of spanish will definitely be a little bit more of help. Rooms are spacious, clean. We had top floor room on bldg 14 with Ocean view. We enjoyed having our breakfast in balcony overlooking ocean. Resort has 24 hour room service which was bliss as my wife is expecting and we ordered some late night and early morning snacks.
From room service, pool staff to house keeping, every employee of Excellence will greet with you a smile. Their staff is main reason you will have a great time at the resort. They will try their best to make your vacation comfortable and enjoyable.
There are plenty of activities and night shows which will keep you entertained.
Resort beach is secluded and there are no peddlers on the beach to bother you. Beach is clean and beach staff serve beverages at the beach. So sit back relax and enjoy the warm beach.
We didn't experience mosquito activity at the beach or in resort though based on previous reviews we carried bug spray.
4) Spa : We very much enjoyed massages at Spa Mille. Currently they are running different promotions and we took advantage of that. There was a hydrotherapy session included with spa. Spa is very neat, clean and relaxing. Had a great time and will definitely recommend to take advantage of it
5) Food : If I have to say one place where resort needs to improve that would be their food department. We thoroughly enjoyed our vacation but I am not giving a 5 star rating because of the food. We are vegetarian and don't eat fish. Before booking Excellence staff told us that there are vegetarian options but their statement was not entirely true. Breakfast and lunch was okay as it was buffet style and everyday there was something different. Dinner was bad. Excellence has 4-5 sit down restaurant and their menu remain same every day. Out of 5 restaurants only 2-3 have some selection of vegetarian dishes and that selections as usually pizza and pasta. We end up eating pasta and pizza for 3 nights. One day we ate at Spice where we wound worm in our food, we didn't go back to Spice after that.
Another problem was buffet menu didn't mention that if an item was vegetarian or not. For example we got lentil soup but has beef in it. We asked staff and they didn't understand English so just said yes to our question. We sticked mostly to bread, fruits, salads during our stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This quaint, colonial-style resort is the ideal destination for couples seeking secluded romantic getaways. Nestled among palms on a perfect white-sand beach on a remote stretch of Punta Cana's Caribbean shoreline, Excellence Punta Cana provides the perfect All-Inclusive playground for adults only and is also home to a world-class spa, state-of-the-art fitness center and an exceptional range of activities and services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Savannahville Tours N.V., Expedia, Holiday Gems, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Agoda, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Excellence Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secrets Excellence Punta Cana
- Excellence Resort Punta Cana
- Excellence Punta Cana Resort
- Secrets Punta Cana
- Excellence Punta Cana Dominican Republic
- Excellence Dominican Republic
- Punta Cana Excellence Hotel
- Excellence Punta Cana Hotel
- Secret Excellence Resort Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Secrets Excellence