This was our first time to the Dominican Republic and our first all-inclusive. We choose this resort due to it being an adult-only and also the deal for the week that was going on. I have to admit it was worth every penny (and very affordable)!!
The resort is one of the further ones away from the airport, so the drive was a little longer than expected but it was nice because the resort had it's own beach compared to other all-inclusives that share a beach with several other resorts.
Every single employee who helped us, greeted us with a smile and were very friendly. It made you feel instantly welcomed. The room was very clean, very spacious. I will admit the window in the shower was kind of odd but didn't affect either one of us on the trip.
The pools are amazing, they have one really large pool that wraps around the resort and has a swim-up bar (which turned out to be our favorite spot on the resort). There's another pool called cascade pool, smaller pool but gorgeous with a waterfall in the middle of it.
There's plenty of options for dinner, limited restaurants were open for breakfast and lunch, however one is a buffet so you can find whatever you were in the mood for (also room service is all day/night). Around 1-2pm, a waiter came around the pool with pizza's from one of the restaurants, so really never had to leave the pool/beach if you didn't want to. I would say Spice & Oregano were my 2 favorite restaurants that we ate at, (I think we missed 3 of them though, mainly due to time constraints). As for drink recommendations, the banana mama & the coco loco (served in a real coconut) were very very good!
They have nightly entertainment as well as a disco/dance bar. My one recommendation if you plan to be outside at night, bring bug spray! They do have a mini-market where you can buy anything you forget, which we used for the bug spray
Also you must try out the spa, we did a hydrotherapy experience that was amazing!
I would highly recommend Excellence to others who are looking for a wonderful, relaxing all-inclusive resort!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This quaint, colonial-style resort is the ideal destination for couples seeking secluded romantic getaways. Nestled among palms on a perfect white-sand beach on a remote stretch of Punta Cana's Caribbean shoreline, Excellence Punta Cana provides the perfect All-Inclusive playground for adults only and is also home to a world-class spa, state-of-the-art fitness center and an exceptional range of activities and services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Savannahville Tours N.V., Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., TravelUp, Hotels.com, Holiday Gems, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Excellence Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secrets Excellence Punta Cana
- Excellence Resort Punta Cana
- Excellence Punta Cana Resort
- Secrets Punta Cana
- Excellence Punta Cana Dominican Republic
- Excellence Dominican Republic
- Punta Cana Excellence Hotel
- Excellence Punta Cana Hotel
- Secret Excellence Resort Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Secrets Excellence